Is a Club level room worth it?

Maggie Marrero

Earning My Ears
okay, so this is my first time at DLP (or any international Disney) I'm a seasoned WDW traveler/DVC members who usually stays deluxe.

We are doing DLP for my husbands 40th birthday. It's just the 2 of us, no kids. We are looking at Newport Bay or New York hotel for 4 nights. Is the upgrade to a Compass club room or suite a good idea? Is it worth it?

The only DLP club level we've done is Compass Club which we felt was absolutely worth the price - the access to the best lake view rooms as well as the very nice lounge for breakfast. Definitely. The only complaint is the lack of alcohol in the lounge unlike WDW club level.

HNY and sequoia we feel would not be worth going club level. The lounges there do not look as appealing and the upgraded rooms do not seem worth the cost.

DLH - we'd love to do Castle Club, but those prices........ ouch.

Is the breakfast provided different in club level rooms? I feel like from your comments I may be missing something...
We booked the club level. I just feel so out of my depth with this.

It used to be different from the included breakfast in the other rooms. But since they don't have breakfast included with the other rooms anymore, I'm not sure if the breakfast has changed or they might be the same now.
Anthony, what do you not like about the lounge in Sequoia? We loved it! There is an absolutely stunning tree in there. I can't say anything about the rooms there though, we were really lucky and got an upgrade to a suite

I had only seen the basic table + chairs and some of the ceiling "tree" photos previously. I've gone and looked for more photos now and it does look more "plush" than the first photos I saw gave the impression of. I'm still not sure the theming is as nice as the compass club though!

I stayed in Club Level at Sequoia Lodge this May and to this day I have trouble justifying spending the money again. The room was kind of disappointing in both size and finish given the price. While the hotel check-in experience was nice, the breakfast was great and the extra fastpass each day ( except the one I had to throw away because they are date stamped and we left early AM on the last day) was a great bonus. I just don't think anything about it is worth the excessive prices they charge. I think on any future visits, I'll go back to offsite in Val DeEurope area again like I did in April. The prices are just too high for what you get and EMH wasn't worth that. I can buy an AP to get EMH and still save a fortune.

I'm looking forward to staying GF at Sequoia Lodge soon. I agree we're paying quite a bit more for the 'perks' of breakfast, a tea time snack and one fastpass a day etc but the majority of reviews I've read have all been positive.

The rooms at club level are the same as the "normal" rooms, only on higher floors. Yes, the fastpasses have dates on them, but at Sequoia Lodge you can get them to alter the date if you weren't (won't be) able to use them. The compass club wouldn't do that, but we just tried at BTM and they accepted the fastpass with the wrong date.
Staying on site is expensive, I agree with you on that, but I feel like the extra cost for club level are worth it if you're going to stay on site anyway (last year I went to DLP 13 times, only stayed on site 2 times, 1 of which being golden forrest, so I won't say you'd always have to splurge, and I'm all for staying off site)

I wish I had known the FP's could be used on days other than what was stamped on them. I'd have gotten in one more ride on Big Thunder.

Hi, I'm really interested in people's opinions on this. I'm looking at a couple of nights next year and the difference per night between a standard room and club room is about £100 per night. For breakfast and a single fastness I can't justify it. What do you all think?

We'll be visiting for the first time to DLP later this month, 3 nts in Compass Club and I was under the impression that we could use those fast passes any day. (The last day will not be a park day, just flying home.)
I don't know where I read that we could use the 3 fast passes any day. This is a short trip and trying to cram a lot in so our arrival at DLP will be later in the day, after a day tour of Paris. Our plan at arrival was to just relax in our room/explore our hotel but now I'm thinking we should run over to a park and at least use up that day's FP. We don't typically stay club level in WDW (well, we did once as a last minute offer to upgrade) and part of the splurge is to have the extra fast passes. It would really bother me if we tried to use them the next day and we're told it expired the day before.

They are strict about enforcing the hours of the hotel FP.

As far as using them at another date, do not expect every CM to accept that: the rules are that they *should* be used on the day they are valid for. They *may* sprinkle some pixie dust to make your stay easier, but do not expect them to do so, so you won't be disappointed!

You guys keep mentioning "one extra fastpass" and "not valid between X and X hours". I thought it was basically a golden fp that was good numerous times.

That's a huge difference and may make the difference on what we decide to book.
FTR we were looking at a Castle Club room at DLH.

You guys keep mentioning "one extra fastpass" and "not valid between X and X hours". I thought it was basically a golden fp that was good numerous times.

That's a huge difference and may make the difference on what we decide to book.
FTR we were looking at a Castle Club room at DLH.

The “golden” FP you are talking about is the VIP FP, given to guests in suites (all hotels) + castle club rooms.

The other club levels + all rooms in DLH are given the FP hotels, with the restrictions you mentionned.

Thanks! We ended up switching to Compass Club so it's nice to know what I've got to work with. We're going Mon/Tues in Mid-November so hopefully we won't need a stinkin' golden FP anyway. Newport Bay looks gorgeous, I'm really excited :-D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter