Is anyone seeing frozen in denver/ broadway?

not sure why this was moved to tv forum? and not kept in the original one? because this is about the musical!

I've seen every Disney Show on Broadway so I'll see this one. So far my favorite is Beauty and the Beast.

I'm holding off. Disney has burned me quite a few times with their Broadway shows, with Little Mermaid, Mary Poppins, and especially Tarzan all being major levels of awfulness. The Lion King was OK, never bothered with Beauty and the Beast (I only sat through the show at DHS literally once, and that was back when the mini stage show first started decades ago), and I have no interest at all in Newsies. Plus, as a straight adult male, "Frozen" has zero appeal for me. They'll keep getting my money at the parks, but no on Broadway.

I'm holding off. Disney has burned me quite a few times with their Broadway shows, with Little Mermaid, Mary Poppins, and especially Tarzan all being major levels of awfulness. The Lion King was OK, never bothered with Beauty and the Beast (I only sat through the show at DHS literally once, and that was back when the mini stage show first started decades ago), and I have no interest at all in Newsies. Plus, as a straight adult male, "Frozen" has zero appeal for me. They'll keep getting my money at the parks, but no on Broadway.

Have you seen Aladdin on Broadway? I absolutely love it. It. is only Broadway and Disney show I've seen multiple times. Already planning my 4th show for next year sometime. I would give it a try if you haven't already!

Have you seen Aladdin on Broadway? I absolutely love it. It. is only Broadway and Disney show I've seen multiple times. Already planning my 4th show for next year sometime. I would give it a try if you haven't already!
Haven't seen it yet, actually. I kept intending to see it, with the various offers I've received through my Disney Visa card and even through DVC, but I haven't yet gone. Being a huge fan of voice actors and villains, I thought the addition of Jonathan Freeman might have convinced me. I think it's the way the Genie looks that throws me off quite a bit and keeps me from the theater.

Haven't seen it yet, actually. I kept intending to see it, with the various offers I've received through my Disney Visa card and even through DVC, but I haven't yet gone. Being a huge fan of voice actors and villains, I thought the addition of Jonathan Freeman might have convinced me. I think it's the way the Genie looks that throws me off quite a bit and keeps me from the theater.

I will admit the new Genie is good but not as good as the original. (And the original is now in Hamilton which I can't wait to see in January!) I get bored with things quickly. And Aladdin is something I haven't gotten bored with yet!

Yes! I have tickets for early March and am very excited. I've really enjoyed Disney's other Broadway productions and expect this one to be delightful, too. I'll be following this thread to see if any Dis'ers have early reviews!

:yay::dogdance::banana::bounce:

I though Frozen was pretty great -- very good for what we get in Denver. The sets were solid, the effects were good too, but I am getting a little tired of projection technology dominating everything. I didn't care for the new songs very much -- Act II starts with one called Hugge, which was certainly sing-along-able -- but the old ones sounded strong. Both sets of A&E were good -- the youngsters were very cute and the less sang very well. I didn't care for Kristoff, but Hans had a bit of charm to him.

I don't know if I'd pay New York prices for it, but I thought they did a pretty good job.

Just saw Aladdin on Broadway last night. It's a major disappointment and a complete waste of money. Today I feel like I was ripped off! These tickets are not cheap.

Telly Leung isn't cruise ship level talent, let alone "Broadway". He gave an extremely poor performance as Aladdin, which had no chemistry and was out of sync with the entire cast, especially Jasmine. No dance talent whatsoever and a cringe worthy voice. The absolute worst Broadway lead ever! To the point where it dragged down the entire show. The audience's final applause for him was delayed and forced. Don't spend a dime on this unless they bring back Adam Jacobs or an equivalent "Broadway" talent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!