Is bibbidi bobbidi boutique worth the time and money?

We did it last June. I bought the dress next door right before hand so I could use my DVC discount on it. Then we did the "cheapest" package, but still had the thrill of a new Elena dress. My daughter was 5 and totally loved it. We were in and out in 25 minutes, which shocked me. I did feel a little gypped for my money, but she was in heaven and loved the attention she got, even though she is kinda shy. My DH and 6 year old son had fastpases for Space Mt and saw Chip and Dale while we went to BBB and used FP for Fairytale hall. We all met back for lunch at CRT. It was a great morning! She happily wore her dress all day and we tried to keep the hairstyle in for the next day- with mixed results!

We are thinking about our 4th Disney trip. My little girl will be 8. I've always opted not to do the boutique. Mainly because I figured we could be spending that time out in the park. How much time does it take from your day? Do you find it worth it?

I felt like it was totally worth the cost. We brought our own dress, so we just did the Crown Package which was $64 I believe? I didn't know that my girl would actually get a bag of "loot" afterwards as well. She got face jewels, nail polish, a makeup kit, shampoo, makeup wipes and a few other things I believe.

Does anyone know...

Do they ONLY have princess options at BBB?

My daughter is obsessed with fairies. Any chance they have Tinkerbell or even Fairy Godmother stuff there? Really leaning towards bringing our own dress if not.

What are the quality of the dresses like?

I'm considering taking my daughter this year when we go in October. I'd be willing to pay for the extra cost for her to pick out a dress but are the dresses "nicer" or higher quality than a regular Halloween costume?

You could also get one ahead of time through the Disney Store. I am doing this for my daughter. I find the Disney Store costumes pretty good quality and they run discounts often. Now, this is more than the Target/Walmart type play dresses or cheap Halloween costumes, but still cheaper than buying from BBB

I am 21 years old and would pay double the price for me to get made over

I believe the pirate place mentioned earlier in this thread does “pirate princess” and mermaid makeovers for older kids and adults. Not that I have looked into it, of course...:rolleyes1

Does anyone know...

Do they ONLY have princess options at BBB?

My daughter is obsessed with fairies. Any chance they have Tinkerbell or even Fairy Godmother stuff there? Really leaning towards bringing our own dress if not.

There are Tinkerbell outfits in the stores and I have seen the outfit on the rack at BBB. You could also bring it from home so you don't have to worry about being able to find her size once you arrive. Then find her in the park afterwards. The fairy meet and greet is really fun.

My 4 year old loved it. We did it once at Disneyland and once on a Disney Cruise. If you opt to do the cheaper package you still get a bag, make up, nail polish, sash and a hair clip (from what I remember). My daughter still uses everything she got. I don't remember exactly how long it took, but it was less than an hour.

My daughter did it 3 times and was older than most. We got started going to Disney when she was already 7 and could not do it the first trip. We never bought her outfit there. I always brought it from home. First time we had a flower girl dress I found on ebay. That time did the makeover and dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table after. 2nd time a less dressy outfit with a poofy skirt. 3rd time a junior bridesmaid dress.

Attachments

• 391431_3948259959112_1060579531_n.jpg
    391431_3948259959112_1060579531_n.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 24
DD did BBB in 2014 when she was 9. We didn't have the option of buying a dress ahead of time, since Disney store only carried up to a size 10 and DD is bigger than average for her age. She chose the Belle costume and even though it was May and hot, she wore it the entire day without complaining once. The hair style lasted for at least 3 days, but she has very thick hair, so I don't think any of the hair spray or sparkles got anywhere close to touching her scalp. She wanted to do it again the next time, but I said either BBB or CRT, not both. She is a complete girly girl and would dress up everyday if she could. So, for us, yes it was worth it. This was also her birthday gift that year.

My daughter is 8 now and I'm not sure how many more years she will be into it. They grow up so fast, and if she still wants to do it, then we will make it happen.

Does anyone have any photos of the Uma (descendants) pirates league makeover they are offering? DD would flip! She'd do a mermaid too, which looks amazing, but I can't find any photos online of the uma results/options, although it is listed.

We have officially booked our trip and my daughter has decided she definitely wants to do BBB. Is the only way to book to call? Also we are doing MK on our arrival day (Friday 10/05) and Monday 10/08 for MNSSHP (the day before we leave). Which day would you recommend scheduling it? I was leaning towards party day so she would be dolled up for the MNSSHP. She decided she doesn't want to wear a princess dress because she knows it will be hot. I'm sure we'll do something cute for the party. Maybe matching shirts or something. Also do you pay when you book or at the appointment?
Sorry so many questions...

Yes the only way to book is to call at 180 days out...which we did on the dot at 7:00 am EST. If you do the party day you might schedule for the afternoon so the hair stays in a little better for the party. Personally I wouldn’t do it first MK day if it’s her first trip to MK.

ETA: we had to give CC to hold the reservation but won’t be charged until the appointment.

Well I called Friday to book it and there was nothing that fit either day we'll be at MK. The very nice cast member said I can continue to call back and check for cancellations. Is there a cancellation board for BBB? What are my chances for getting an apt?

We've done BBB and Pirate's League, my DD loved both but she actually preferred Pirate's League. We did the mermaid makeover and brought an Ariel dress from home.

My daughter is super girlie and loves to dress up. She wears dresses all the time and loves to wear her princess dresses when home. My original plan was to buy a new princess dress to bring, but she saw a video for the makeover and said no I get to pick my dress there. We did the castle package and she was so excited! She kept the hairstyle and dress on all day and never complained about being hot or uncomfortable. We had dinner in CRT, which added to her excitement. It was an amazing day and to us well worth the money and time we spent there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter