Is Characterpalooza in HS a real thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caribbeandream

DIS Veteran
Is this a real thing? Does it sill happen? Is it worth paying Kenny the Pirate a fee? (And for the record I'm not asking that anyone disclose Kenny's secret timetables.)

Is this a real thing? Does it sill happen? Is it worth paying Kenny the Pirate a fee? (And for the record I'm not asking that anyone disclose Kenny's secret timetables.)
It’s based upon and dependent upon the schedules of the Fantasmic performers. It enables the full-time CMs to have a full shift for that specific day - they go out for meets well before the show begins.

It’s worth it if you want to meet characters who aren’t out on a regular basis; the schedule isn’t posted in the DHS Times Guide nor will CMs acknowledge that it exists.

It’s based upon and dependent upon the schedules of the Fantasmic performers. It enables the full-time CMs to have a full shift for that specific day - they go out for meets well before the show begins.

It’s worth it if you want to meet characters who aren’t out on a regular basis; the schedule isn’t posted in the DHS Times Guide nor will CMs acknowledge that it exists.

Is it worth paying Kenny to find out when, where and which ones?

I think it all depends on how much importance you place on seeing unique characters or just characters in general. The KtP character locator is also good for knowing when other characters sets are, and things like Frontier Hoedown at MK, possible Character training at Epcot. I think its just $10, so not a huge investment.

I’m not sure if the specific characters are known ahead of time. Plus, with the afternoon rains, the characters don’t get sent out at all. If paying for access and if the meets were cancelled for your DHS day would bother you, then it’s probably not a great value.

I love character interactions more than the rides themselves! $10 is definitely not a huge investment but it's also not so much money that I would be upset if it got cancelled.

I love character interactions more than the rides themselves! $10 is definitely not a huge investment but it's also not so much money that I would be upset if it got cancelled.
Then I'd go ahead and get it. For regular characters it will give you tips which let you get ahead of the line. For example, you can know that a particular character will be in a spot before they get there so you can form or get in the line early. Once they show up everyone else will rush over and get in line!

I've never used it, but I've heard his character finder is really good.

I will always answer "yes" when someone asks "Is it worth it?" to pay for KTP or Touring Plans or Disney Food Blog ebooks or the MyFirstVisit book because these bloggers provide the Disney fan community with a tremendous amount of free content and information about Disney all year long. Typically any one of these services is only about $10-20 and is a drop in the bucket in the cost of planning your trip. It's how I support them and say "thanks."

Thanks everyone! I'm glad I get to help everyone. Helping so many people make great memories was a dream of mine for a long time.
Btw, to the OP, there's a ton more info than just Palooza :)

OT, but just wanted to say your Sunday charachter posts on Twitter were EPIC. Amazing to see how much ground you covered and how many charatachters you ended up seeing!

Having no reason to check out the crowd level websites, I'm curious if they mention the Characterpaloozas at only DHS or if they also list them when they occur elsewhere?

I have a subscription. I'm a local. And sometimes when I need to find something fast, it's easier to find on character locator! And now Universal is on it too, for no additional cost!! I also have a subscription to TP, but only really use it for room requests. @kennythepirate you need to add a room request feature.

Having no reason to check out the crowd level websites, I'm curious if they mention the Characterpaloozas at only DHS or if they also list them when they occur elsewhere?
The DHS one is the only one mentioned with the schedule.
The other locations are mentioned as training spots and are not the same type of thing. Much more random, no days or times like DHS has, etc. Those are not tracked by anyone that I'm aware of

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter