Is Characterpalooza in HS a real thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having no reason to check out the crowd level websites, I'm curious if they mention the Characterpaloozas at only DHS or if they also list them when they occur elsewhere?
There are also a couple of other locations mentioned with times but these are not as predictable as DHS.

The DHS one is the only one mentioned with the schedule.
The other locations are mentioned as training spots and are not the same type of thing. Much more random, no days or times like DHS has, etc. Those are not tracked by anyone that I'm aware of

The forum on his site sometimes has additional details about these training spots. Basically people that subscribe will mention when they came across one so you might now when to check. I know that during my January trip, some people had mentioned a training spot in the forum and the times were similar for a couple of days so I checked one day while I was near and there they were.

The forum on his site sometimes has additional details about these training spots. Basically people that subscribe will mention when they came across one so you might now when to check. I know that during my January trip, some people had mentioned a training spot in the forum and the times were similar for a couple of days so I checked one day while I was near and there they were.
There do seem to be training seasons, that's for sure. You can pick up on a trend with them and catch them in bunches if you get lucky.

I think you meant Chat Room :)

Does anyone have pictures from the DHS characterpalooza? I'm imagining them in their Fantasmic costumes but that's probably not right

Thanks to Kenny we hit characterpalooza on our trip last week. We met the evil queen (from Snow White) and Pocahontas who we had never met before in addition to seeing Jasmine and Snow White (who we have met before but never with no wait). Honestly if I hadn't learned about characterpalooza we never would have stumbled onto it on our own. Unlike Epcot character training it is not easy to just happen to wander past at the right time and see it going on.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

We met the Evil Queen, Aladin and Jasmin, Mary Poppins, Mulan, Donald, Pluto, Pocahontas and Meeko. We went to DHS twice and the second time just got lucky. It was a lot of fun.

Just remember, the first rule of Characterpalooza is you don't talk about Characterpalooza
Or
Act like you are waiting for Characterpalooza ;)
Be casual, hang out, have a snack and if it's raining, just plan to return another day.
But mostly, don't ask anything
I can stop myself from asking/talking (and I definitely need to keep it a secret from my DS13 who can't keep secrets) but boy is acting cool going to be hard! LOL

Just remember, the first rule of Characterpalooza is you don't talk about Characterpalooza
Or
Act like you are waiting for Characterpalooza ;)
Be casual, hang out, have a snack and if it's raining, just plan to return another day.
But mostly, don't ask anything

That how we handled it. It was us and two other families waiting. A CM from the Express Bus Service approached us all and asked if we were waiting for characters. We said yes and he said "That was yesterday. There are none today." From the wait time on Kenny's site, we only had about 10 more minutes, so we waited. And out they came. If we had listened to that CM, and not trusted Kenny, we would have left. I'm so glad we followed our gut. The other families stayed, too. :)

It was definitely worth it for us- DS (5) is VERY outgoing and could talk to characters all day, so since it wasn't crowded I didn't feel like I had to rush him along for the next person in line. So my kids were able to have a lot more personal interaction- that alone made it worth it, even if we didn't see anyone new.

One of my favorite things: DS spent a long time talking to Pocahontas and at the end she kissed him on the forehead. We took a pic of him with the lipstick kiss on his head, and he asked my DH to wipe it off, so he did. A few minutes later, when all the characters were leaving, Pocahontas called DS over (by name) and he goes running up to her and she leans down and kisses him again. He yells, "Oh no! She got me again!" and she said "I saw you wipe it off the first time!" It very cute and DS got a kick out of it!

Is this a real thing?
I have never heard the word Characterpalooza said internally and after snooping around, the event when it does occur, is referred to as something that is nowhere close to "Characterpalooza". The actual name is a lot shorter and somewhat mundane. Anyone know where the word "Characterpalooza" originated?

I have never heard the word Characterpalooza said internally and after snooping around, the event when it does occur, is referred to as something that is nowhere close to "Characterpalooza". The actual name is a lot shorter and somewhat mundane. Anyone know where the word "Characterpalooza" originated?
I believe that's just Kenny's term for it and it's kinda stuck.

I have a subscription. I'm a local. And sometimes when I need to find something fast, it's easier to find on character locator! And now Universal is on it too, for no additional cost!! I also have a subscription to TP, but only really use it for room requests. @kennythepirate you need to add a room request feature.

I'll add that to the potential development list for the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter