Is cruise line children friendly?

Is there any children friendly stuff to do and menus, etc?

Yes. My son loves cruising on RCL. However, I am picky about which ship we go on, some seem to skew towards an older crowd (often the longer routes). There is a kids menu, but kids can order off the main menu (my son loves whatever steak is available along with plain pasta... he's a little odd?). Check the deck plans for ships with great water park areas, water slides, rock climbing walls. Depends on the age of the kid too I guess? My son has been cruising since he was 5. He isn't as keen on the kids club because of the way they organize the activities, he'd prefer to be able to just play with other kids rather than play this specific game with the other kids. He's been to a few of the shows and sat through them with no issues.

Is there any children friendly stuff to do and menus, etc?
I think that if you were to break it down, Royal, Disney, Carnival and Norwegian are all known for trying to provide a child-friendly, family experience. I feel that if you choose any of these cruise lines the kids will not lack for activities.

Princess and Celebrity are also trying to be more child friendly, and their programs seem to lean more towards a "STEM" learning experience.

Definitely. I would stick to Oasis, Quantum, Freedom or Voyager class (many going through refurbishments adding slides, trampoline, laser tag) vs older/smaller ships, but super kid friendly. We've taken our kids on Allure and Mariner (with Symphony, Navigator-post refurb, and Anthem booked) and our kids absolutely loved Allure and Mariner. We really had a great family vacation....saw many shows, participated in activities, swam, saw movies, rockwall, zipline, flowrider, and things mentioned above in refurbishment. There is also a kids menu in the MDR and even at the specialty restaurants. Our kids didn't even go to the kids club, but we got the compass and looks like they have fun activities going on as well.

Any specific ship you're looking at? How old are your kids?

Definitely. I would stick to Oasis, Quantum, Freedom or Voyager class (many going through refurbishments adding slides, trampoline, laser tag) vs older/smaller ships, but super kid friendly. We've taken our kids on Allure and Mariner (with Symphony, Navigator-post refurb, and Anthem booked) and our kids absolutely loved Allure and Mariner. We really had a great family vacation....saw many shows, participated in activities, swam, saw movies, rockwall, zipline, flowrider, and things mentioned above in refurbishment. There is also a kids menu in the MDR and even at the specialty restaurants. Our kids didn't even go to the kids club, but we got the compass and looks like they have fun activities going on as well.

Any specific ship you're looking at? How old are your kids?

It's the "old lady" ........... probably won't be back.

We think RCI Oasis class are very children friendly. Lots of pools including wave pool and splash zone (slides on some), "active" activities, and the shows are family friendly (love the ice and aqua shows). They have a character breakfast and parade as well as meets and greets. Food is very good - we love the convenience of a dinner buffet if we're too tired or just don't feel like going to a dining room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!