Is disney springs a must?

I asked a similar question on another thread. I was planning to spend some time at Disney Springs, but after researching it and figuring out that it's mostly an outdoor mall, I am rethinking going there. The only thing that my daughter wants to do there is get a brownie sundae at Gharardelli soda shop. I'm going to talk to her and see if she'd rather have that or spend more time in the parks. We're staying at the Boardwalk so we can get ice cream around there.

I think it depends on how long you are staying. If you are doing a ‘rest day’ then DS might be nice to visit for dinner after a day at the pool. However, I, personally, wouldn’t skip something else to do it.

There are some fine restaurants but I am not sure young boys would find them appealing. Nor would I think high end shopping would. Personally, I would not want to spend time with two bored boys at DS. It is truly an adult place.

We went there on our first day when we didn't really have any plans other than to eat and go to the pool. Doubt we would go on future trips unless it was similiar in that we had nothing to do that day.

We have been 3 times. Our 4th trip is next month and we have no intentions on going to DS. not for us anymore with all the high end shops.

If your plans were just to have a down rest day anyway I would probably go but I wouldn’t choose it over park time, our sons at 5 and 1 and we do usually have a good time when we go, my husband and I basically make it like a food crawl/progressive meal and get stuff at all the walk up windows and in between we stop at the Disney store, LEGO store, etc, our kids are smaller than yours but there’s a little train and carousel and splash pads around, we go into goofys and the pin store and get pins to trade, it can be fun without the expensive shopping if you make it that way

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter