Is Disney Springs Worth It?

With a 4-day ticket, you are paying about $10/hour /person to be in a park. A family of 4 spending $160 (4 people x 4 hours) in park time to visit Disney Springs is crazy. While there is good dining options there, none of the DS dining options are worth that $$$$ park time during a short trip.

But, re-reading the OP’s post...If they have a dedicated water park day, and might be interested in a night at DS after the water park, using a Water Park&Sports credit at NBA experience...that’s a decent plan.

We usually go one night for a couple hours. We'll get something to eat (dinner or a snack) and walk through the World of Disney store and maybe a couple of others. It's just a fun atmosphere.
I agree with this. Its a fun atmosphere, but I wouldn't plan to spend a day there, I don't view it as an alternative to a park day, more of a place to go to dinner and walk around on a non-park day. For instance if we end up having a pool day, it might be a good place to go to dinner.

personally, the shopping gets old quick. I don't have a use for the high end stuff, more of the disney shops. but even those get repetitive to the park shops.

With a 4-day ticket, you are paying about $10/hour /person to be in a park. A family of 4 spending $160 (4 people x 4 hours) in park time to visit Disney Springs is crazy. While there is good dining options there, none of the DS dining options are worth that $$$$ park time during a short trip.

But, re-reading the OP’s post...If they have a dedicated water park day, and might be interested in a night at DS after the water park, using a Water Park&Sports credit at NBA experience...that’s a decent plan.
If someone is worried about stretching the value of their park tickets, then I see your point, but for most people they need some time to re-charge. Four days of commando style touring from open to close would make a lot of people miserable, so there is some value in having time away from the parks to eat or explore elsewhere - especially a place they have never been.

If someone is worried about stretching the value of their park tickets, then I see your point, but for most people they need some time to re-charge. Four days of commando style touring from open to close would make a lot of people miserable, so there is some value in having time away from the parks to eat or explore elsewhere - especially a place they have never been.
Unless you have a car or take a ride share, there is a severe Disney Transportation time penalty in visiting DS. I’ve tried an early dinner only to barely make it back in time for fireworks.
It might be better taking that break at an MK or Epcot Deluxe.

For us. It’s a maybe once every 5 years or so. We go every other year and do not visit Disney Springs every visit. Nor when it was Downtown Disney.

If DW is with me we will go to DS for a little shopping and a meal. If she isn't with me I would probably skip it. But I have gone to DS when we leave a park early, mostly our AK days. I like to save a few bucks and eat at the Earl or Chicken Guy.

Unless you have a car or take a ride share, there is a severe Disney Transportation time penalty in visiting DS. I’ve tried an early dinner only to barely make it back in time for fireworks.
It might be better taking that break at an MK or Epcot Deluxe.
I would never advise someone go to Disney Springs as a break from the park only to return to the park afterward. What I meant was that if someone is finishing up their day at a park in the afternoon (i.e. Animal Kingdom for many), then a night at Disney Springs makes for a nice reprieve from the park atmosphere. There's no value lost in that, IMO.

Earl of Sandwich is worth the trip to Disney Springs for us! However if we aren't staying at POR and can use the boat, we usually don't go.

We always get over to Disney Springs at least once each trip. I like the atmosphere and we love going to The Boat House for a cold beer and shrimp. One can't miss for us is Ghirardelli for the awesome sundae!
I agree, Jimmy! We always eat at the boathouse and always visit Ghirardelli's for their great ice cream sundaes. My husband and daughter took a ride in the balloon, which is a unique experience. The outdoor entertainment is good and a nice place to sit and watch. The best experience for us was the Cirque D S'oleil. We saw the older version 2 times, and were awed each time. The entertainment is outstanding and like nothing we had ever seen. That in itself, is reason enough for us to return. We also like the sandwiches at EArl or Sandwich, one of the best values for the money IMO. And , yes, we also visit the World of Disney store but usually don't buy anything. We do visit the Christmas store for our ornaments. There are several art stores there which are really worth a look. These artists are amazing. Just a few of the things we find to do while at Disney Springs. Likethe OP, we can bowl or watch a movie at home.

We usually spend a few hours on arrival day at DS.
We like the restaurants and enjoy looking at the shops. Rarely buy anything.
From what you said, I would skip it.

I still have not been to the new Disney Springs. :rolleyes1

We always say "maybe next trip we should check it out" but never do.
Same here! I was in Disney in Nov for the first time in a long long time and didn’t feel I missed anything. Our reservation was 6 nights and I did not feel the need to pack it into our plans. I’m planning for 2021 and unless we are staying close to it I don’t feel the need to go.

I go for the poutine and beer. My wife likes Ghirardelli and the Coke store. Ragland Road is our favorite restaurant in all of DW. DS is a must do for us every trip.

We have a tradition of going to a Thursday night movie premiere ( day before official release) at the amc, and hitting one of the CS restaurants before the movie - last trip it was Lion King - this trip Jungle Cruise opens

DS seems to be very subjective. For me I love going in the evening to eat, people watch and there always seems to be some type of live entertainment going on. I rarely go into the shops. My DW on the other hand, would much rather just hangbout in the room and read when she is not in the parks.

As a couple of people have noted here, it isn't a priority. It all depends on several factors. For instance, we always rent a car when we go, we generally have at least 7 days on a trip, always have PH tickets and we have been to WDW enough over the last 15 years that we are okay with more relaxed park touring. Don't get me wrong - we are pretty commando in the mornings - we arrive early, rope drop, refresh well, and get all our "must-dos" in.

Because of the knowledge gained through these boards and through experience, we are okay with not being in the parks from open to close each day. We know we will "have our fill" by the end of the trip. Based on all the factors listed here, DS is a nice extra part of our week. We also think the dining options in general (both TS and QS) are just far better at DS than in most other places on Disney property - with only a few exceptions for top tier restaurants (and 2 awesome buffets that shall remain nameless).

Hi. It's been several years since we've been to Disney. Our kids were 9 and 7 and will be 16 and 14 for our upcoming trip! Disney Springs is new to us, so I'm not sure if it's worth us factoring it into our plans. Our then 9 year old doesn't remember much about the parks, so that is our priority and they've never been to either of the water parks, so we'd like to get at least one into our plans. None of us are big on shopping and I don't really feel the need to go to WDW for bowling of the movies. All of that being said, should I factor time at Disney Springs into our plan???? Thanks!

Disney Springs is primarily shopping, and food. If those are not very important to you, then you can skip it. We always have a few extra days in our trip schedule, and spend at least part of one day at Disney Springs, but we enjoy the shopping and the food options there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts