Is Disney Springs Worth It?

I haven't been in about 12 years when it was DTD. We have great malls where I live and I really don't enjoy shopping if it's not online. I also live in an area with great bars and happy hour spots with much better prices that DS so we skip it. I would rather drink around the world than bar hop at DS. We go for 10 day trips and I still don't fit it into our schedule.

I do want to try WPE one day and Polite Pig. So maybe one day I'll fit in a few hours for lunch. But as of right now it's not a priority.

Last edited:
One last time, Disney Springs is worth it because The Void is one of the best attractions on Disney property (that clearly far too few have experienced...) .

If you are looking to fill in a couple of free hours on a non park day, then maybe go. But I would not plan a whole day or skip park time for it. Decent restaurants, but overall a big shopping mall to waste time and money on. Those staying at SSR or OKW have quick and easy access so it can make sense to stop by and check it out.

Only living about 7 hours away, my wife and I have made trips to Disney and hit DS and resort hopped and never even entered the parks. You can find enough to do for a few days and talk about a cheap trip.

if they’re star wars fans, the I think the Springs are worth it for The Void alone! It’s something they’ll never forget.
Hi. It's been several years since we've been to Disney. Our kids were 9 and 7 and will be 16 and 14 for our upcoming trip! Disney Springs is new to us, so I'm not sure if it's worth us factoring it into our plans. Our then 9 year old doesn't remember much about the parks, so that is our priority and they've never been to either of the water parks, so we'd like to get at least one into our plans. None of us are big on shopping and I don't really feel the need to go to WDW for bowling of the movies. All of that being said, should I factor time at Disney Springs into our plan???? Thanks!

One last time, Disney Springs is worth it because The Void is one of the best attractions on Disney property (that clearly far too few have experienced...) .
Agreed! But maybe we should just stay out of it - that way it won’t become do popular that we’ll have to reserve a time weeks in advance :) . People have no idea what they’re missing!

Agreed! But maybe we should just stay out of it - that way it won’t become do popular that we’ll have to reserve a time weeks in advance :) . People have no idea what they’re missing!
Well, true. I have done both Star Wars & Wreck it Ralph. Now they have opened one at MOA (Mall of America) and are tempting me with a Jumanji experience......they also had an Avengers thing...I need to get over there....

Well, true. I have done both Star Wars & Wreck it Ralph. Now they have opened one at MOA (Mall of America) and are tempting me with a Jumanji experience......they also had an Avengers thing...I need to get over there....
I’d love to do the Avengers one!! But it’ll never come to DS and I’m too far away from the other locations :(

Disney Springs has a variety of excellent food options, and if you go for that, the atmosphere entertainment is talented. If you enjoy shopping, you'll probably like it. People from big cities might already have most of the chain stores that are there, but not everyone has access to all of the brands.

In addition, I think it's a great visit if you're in one of the nearby resorts in walking distance or along the watercraft line. You can think of it as an extension of your hotel amenities. And also a nice place to catch a meal after transiting via Typhoon Lagoon.

I don't think so. We went on our last trip and it was one of our favorite dinners but we wasted so much time that could have been at the parks. Just a lot of shopping🤷‍♀️

If you are pressed for time, then I would do a night at Disney Springs after a water park day! I’m not a huge shopper either, but the atmosphere is just wonderful there! Have a great meal at Homecomin’ (my personal favorite) and enjoy the live entertainment. There is plenty to do to keep the whole family entertained. I would definitely reserve a spot for Disney Springs!

I’m a shopper, so I do enjoy it. :flower1: And there are lots of eateries to try. I agree that arriving by watercraft is nice. But it’s not a must-do by any means.

Now if the Adventurers club was still open (😢) I’d definitely recommend a visit....

Went there on my first visit to WDW back in 2001 or 2002. What a great atmosphere and entertainment, nothing like it.

We did La Nouba back in 2017 and grabbed dinner at Homecomin' but that was our evening entertainment and meal. I would not miss park time for Disney Springs.

I hated Disney Springs the first time I went, because it was soooooooo badly blocked in with construction walls, but I really enjoyed it the second time. It's like a miniature Disney park at times, with extreme facades for restaurants (especially T-Rex, cheesy as it is), and stuff like that. A nice lake view, plenty of interesting ethnic restaurants, etc. It's not really worth sacrificing a lot of "park time" for in my opinion, but I like going there on my first day- it's busy and Disney enough to get acclimated slowly instead of just getting thrown into the park atmosphere.

Plus I'm way into Paddleboat- that seafood is awesome :).

I was thinking of doing the Void. I will be there with DS(27). Dover need reservations for the end of April? I was told that you go in in groups of 4. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter