Is express needed first week of December?

Jenny412

Mouseketeer
I posted this same question on another forum and didn't get to much feedback so I figured I would try again lol. We will be coming in from November 30th and staying until December 6th. We were hoping to save by staying at Cabana Bay but concerned about not having the express pass. Can anyone tell me that has past experience with the the early part of December what the crowds were like? Thanks so much!

your title states the first week day for december, but in your post you have 30th

maybe if you corrected your start date, you would get more replies.

i'll give you my thoughts.

if you are going November 30 thru december 6, you should be fine using the stand by rides for the week days.

weekends can be a hit or miss for crowds

i'm a mod,
i have "talents" if you want me to change something.

i wil change what you have in your post to state:

November 30 thru December 6

I fixed it and bolded it so all can see the dates you are asking about.

the first week of december is a good time to go.

i believe you can manage your time wisely for the week days.

if weather is fantastic, locals will more than likely come to the park on the weekend.
that would be my only thought of how long line waits will be....

but use the early entry and do the potter sections an hour before the public is allowed in the parks.
that will help you a lot.

I fixed it and bolded it so all can see the dates you are asking about.

the first week of december is a good time to go.

i believe you can manage your time wisely for the week days.

if weather is fantastic, locals will more than likely come to the park on the weekend.
that would be my only thought of how long line waits will be....

but use the early entry and do the potter sections an hour before the public is allowed in the parks.
that will help you a lot.
Thank you!!

First week in December is usually really quiet. However, seems hard to even book a room this year, so not sure. If that is just convention bookings, you should be good!

kind of a pain, but you could get saturday night at an express pass hotel and then you have express pass for saturday and sunday.

We were there Dec. 1st to 12th, 2015.

We stayed at RPR so we had EP. However my observation was that the parks were definitely liveable on those dates without. Most posted wait times for the big attractions were under 30 mins even mid afternoon.

For those of us who have always stayed onsite deluxe at UO and are used to the EP it's probably tough to live without at anytime. However those that don't usually have EP would find this a very good time to be in the parks.

The week right after Thanksgiving is one of my favorite times to go. You should be fine without express pass. Add in how long your trip is and there's even less of a reason to get express.

We are going that week due to lite crowds. I am a little concerned that the new holiday offerings may change that. We'll see

butting in to ask about January 5th, 2018. Saturday....are we going to need to spend the $ to get express pass (staying at WDW, and just going to US for the day) or can we do most in the one day (not Hogwarts express since we won't have hoppers)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter