Is FOP still a tough FP at 60 days?

I was unable to obtain FoP for either of my trips; one at the end of September (one day only) and a 4 day trip with girlfriends for F&W in mid October.
I was also out of luck for day four of a four park day trip for October 16-19. On right at 7:00 and went straight to day four. Looks like you have to be at least five days or more right now to snag one. I don't think it's helping that October is still reflecting 7:00 & 7:30 closures.

It really stinks to see so many people with 4 day trips not be able to get a FP+ for the ride. We generally do 3 day trips so I guess I'm out of luck too. I get the purpose of allowing 60+ days for fastpass, but it really seems to be favoring long trips.

I guess I was very lucky to get FOP at 7am at day 60 on a 4 night trip over opening weekend!

Sorry for more questions on this, but I just wanted to verify that the rules for FP+ booking windows for two on-site room only continuing reservations would also apply to two continuing on-site DVC reservations? I know that they are RO so they should be the same, but I wanted to be sure.

Yes, they are the same. I have 3 onsite continuing reservations and I was able to book FPs for my whole trip at 60 days from the first check-in day.

We are doing a split stay in Feb/March with a cruise in the middle. If I understand correctly, I should be able to make FP for FOP during the second leg of our stay when my window opens for the first leg. Can anyone confirm?

I had no problems booking FOP for day 67 this morning (at 4am PST on the nose) but didn't look at earlier days.

I have been checking for funsies on the app at 30 days (we have APs) and there is tons of availability 30 days out for Navi River ride or whatever it's called.

I was able to pick up Na'vi River Journey same day. A few odd spots would pop open every so often during the day. Never seen an opening for FoP, but I've never been able to look past 60 days.

It really stinks to see so many people with 4 day trips not be able to get a FP+ for the ride. We generally do 3 day trips so I guess I'm out of luck too.

I was able to book FOP for our early October trip from about 4 pm onward on day 63, and around 11 am on day 64. This was at about 7:15 am on the 60 day mark, over the Canadian Thanksgiving / Columbus Day long weekend. So day 63 bookings are definitely possible, but I guess you need to get a bit lucky on the specific day.

Stalking is probably effective for those who are able/willing to put in the persistent effort. I know that I have two sets of FOP fastpasses booked right now, until I work out the details of the rest of our schedule, but I will be releasing one set, probably shortly before the 30 day mark. I can't be the only one.

I was able to get an early afternoon FOP FP+ last night for 8/29! Keep looking, and good luck everyone!

I'll just go ahead and assume we won't have luck with the FP.

Assuming we are very early RD people, as in typically front of the line RD, I'm guessing we won't have any issue walking on? Or is there something in the way this ride is handled that would prevent that strat from working?

If its two people, I am always a firm believer you will get ANY fast pass you want the day you are there, after you use your initial 3. If you keep reloading the app.

Anymore than two people, becomes much more difficult

I'll just go ahead and assume we won't have luck with the FP.

Assuming we are very early RD people, as in typically front of the line RD, I'm guessing we won't have any issue walking on? Or is there something in the way this ride is handled that would prevent that strat from working?

It will work fine, as long as you are in the front of the hordes. That early however, they may shunt you into the FP queue and you could miss parts of the standby queue's apparent coolness.

If its two people, I am always a firm believer you will get ANY fast pass you want the day you are there, after you use your initial 3. If you keep reloading the app.

Anymore than two people, becomes much more difficult

I completely agree! I was able to re-book FPs for FEA and 7DMT day of during peak spring break season this past April. There are many who change their plans the day of, so it never hurts to look and see the day you are actually in the parks.

Originally not able to secure fp for FOP at 60 days. Today I got one for two people 2nd & 4th day of my trip. How long a wait at rope drop for Navi? Planning on 9/29 rope drop Navi then fp FOP

I completely agree! I was able to re-book FPs for FEA and 7DMT day of during peak spring break season this past April. There are many who change their plans the day of, so it never hurts to look and see the day you are actually in the parks.

Definitely. I didn't wait on any lines last time I went. I did fast pass on everything lol. Again though, with more than 2 people, I can see it being a problem.

It even works with restaurant reservations

I couldn't get a FP+ for FOP at 63 or 65 days, even though it was only for one person.

I was checking fastpasses for tomorrow and a FOP came up for 5 people at 10:30 in the morning.....gives me hope! I won't be there until October but I am not expecting to be able to snag fastpasses at our 60 day mark.

My problem will be our party of 8, and a child switch, which means, I guess, that I will need 8 FPs (total party of 9 including the 4yo) . Day 7 is our departure day, I may just have to shoot for that morning.

For those of you that have had longer vacations, were the FPs easier to get at days 7-10?

Here's hoping Toy Story Land will be open by when we go next summer - maybe that will open up some FOP FPs!

Wasn't able to get for our 3 day trip. I have been checking the app 3 or 4 times per day but nothing yet. I'll keep checking until we are there. Planning to RD it if not, but I get a little anxiety thinking about crowds of people trying to push past me. Has RD there been civil?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!