Is Hard Rock really THAT LOUD??

Jenny412

Mouseketeer
We are deciding between Cabana Bay, Hard Rock, and Portofino for our early June trip to Universal. We may possibly do a split between 2 resorts since we will be doing Volcano Bay also. We will be staying for 6 nights and it will be myself, husband and 7yr old grandson.We have stayed at all properties but it has been many years since we were at Hard Rock and only stayed one night and didn’t use the pool. We are leaning towards a deluxe to get express. We stayed at Royal Pacific last year so want to do a different resort this year. I’ve been reading a lot of reviews where families complain that Hard Rock is extremely crowded and loud, hard to have a conversation at the pool over the loud dj and music and just not relaxing at all. The close proximity to the parks is what is mainly drawing me to this property. Is this the case at this resort for those that have stayed here? Is it really this loud and crowded?

I’ve never noticed it being too loud by the pool.
But I don’t consider it a relaxing place to be. It’s busy.

We stayed there last fall and didn't find the pool area to be loud. We enjoyed everything about our stay, especially how close the hotel is to the parks.

During our stay a few years ago we never got to use the pool. The tropical storm decided to stall over Orlando and rained for days. But I found the halls really loud and echoed. I could hear every passing conversation like they were in our room. I think the doors could have better soundproofing.

I didn't stay there, but walking around & visiting the pool, it didn't seem any louder than any other resort (though you can hear the music underwater, which was interesting). OTOH, they weren't even playing hard rock either.

We enjoy the HR very much; haven't found the pool area exceptionally loud at all. Enjoy if you go; so convenient!:goodvibes If you are planning to do a split, consider Sapphire Falls Resort in addition to Cabana, right next door. Lovely resort, we would definitely return!:cool1:

I personally find the lobby at Royal Pacific to be louder than Hard Rock's. The pool noise is about the same. It really depends on how busy it is.

Last edited:
We were there over Thanksgiving week and I didn't even notice any music by the pool. It may be different during the summer. I also didn't find the halls or lobby any more loud than any other hotel. We stayed Club level and LOVED it so much we're going back this summer.

Music volume is fine

The music you hear in the lobby and common areas has a great rock and roll selection

I like the room layout of HRH better then Portifino and with a family of 5 it matters! We reserved two queens with a pull out and it was spacious and perfect. I never heard music in the room unless we were playing it. I enjoyed the music kn the lobby/main hotel. I also liked that HRH was closer than Portifino. I just wish the pool at HRH was a bit deeper ;)

We love HRH!! It's our favorite on-site hotel at US.

You will love how close it is, a 5min walk to US and 8 to IOA. You can take the boat and there is sometimes a rick-shaw option for a tip.

We never found the hotel or the pool area to be too loud. We love to be around the action at the pool. The pool can be crowded, we always rent a cabana on our arrival day as we arrive early, around noon and the rooms are notorious for not being ready until around 4PM.

HRH is also our favorite hotel. It's a livelier atmosphere - employees are laidback, always seems to be something go on around the resort. I didn't notice the music at the pool to be any louder than any other resort.

Once we arrived during Velvet Sessions (I think that's what its called?) which is a ticketed concert that takes place in the lobby of the resort. Trying to check-in was a joke, I was screaming at the top of my lungs and couldn't be heard. We dropped our bags and went to City Walk, and by the time we came back at 10, the lobby was a ghost town. It was as if it never happened. So, noise from that was never a concern during hours where we'd be trying to sleep.

On two separate occasions, we have been disturbed by the fire alarm after 11pm. I'm sure just a coincidence but the employees weren't even phased by it, so I'm not sure if that's a common occurrence there.

Twice we have stayed on the ground floor and were disturbed by noisy guests who used the side door near the pool to enter and exit to the path to City Walk. We loved the location because being so close to the door to the path, at the far end of the resort, made the walk to City Walk only 5 minutes. Maybe not even. But a major con of the room location was the noise from the passersby. Being at the end of the hallway, it never dawned on people entering that their outside voices needed to switch to inside voices. However, I think this door has since been relegated to an emergency exit and I don't think it can be used to get to and from the walking path anymore. Probably because of the noise.

So, we have experienced some noise issues there but they seem to be flukes and not something I necessarily hold against the resort. It's still our favorite and continues to be our first choice.

Seems to get a younger crowd and all that goes with it. If you are looking for a lively atmosphere, it will fit the bill.

The lobby does tend to echo sounds, acoustics don’t seem quite right to me for some reason

Now that the youfirst program is no more, going to guess it will become far more popular with the regulars. When the rate is ‘right’ i’d now Book it, if only to change things up in our routine, as it is fun.

Seems to get a younger crowd and all that goes with it. If you are looking for a lively atmosphere, it will fit the bill.

The lobby does tend to echo sounds, acoustics don’t seem quite right to me for some reason

Now that the youfirst program is no more, going to guess it will become far more popular with the regulars. When the rate is ‘right’ i’d now Book it, if only to change things up in our routine, as it is fun.
Just wondering why it will be more popular with youfirst programme gone? Last time we stayed we got a really nice welcome gift! I just signed up for Hard Rock benefits. If nothing else to get late check out!

Just wondering why it will be more popular with youfirst programme gone? Last time we stayed we got a really nice welcome gift! I just signed up for Hard Rock benefits. If nothing else to get late check out!

HRH was not in the YouFirst program
I switched to RP when that happened

My stays at HR did not count toward my platinum level with Loews

I enjoyed hrh as it is so close to the studios park

HR has the Kitchen eatery which I like
But not for every meal

If the price wa right, I would stay at hrh in the future

HRH was not in the YouFirst program
I switched to RP when that happened

My stays at HR did not count toward my platinum level with Loews

I enjoyed hrh as it is so close to the studios park

HR has the Kitchen eatery which I like
But not for every meal

If the price wa right, I would stay at hrh in the future
Thanks, I didn’t know when I stayed it wasn’t in youfirst! I wonder why I got a welcome gift in room. Bottle of wine on ice and fruit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter