Is it me, or do you feel that IOA messed up by changing the Posiedon storyline?

emmagata

DIS Veteran
We saw it last year for on our 1st trip to IOA and I thought the storyline was excellent. My wife didn't really like either one but thought the old one was better.

Why did they change it?

John and Donna

I would like to know myself. Nothing was wrong with the original at all. All I can figure is that there were technical problems. I mean, a company usually doesn't completely redo a attraction with in first years of operation unless it was widely disliked(which it wasn't) or has major technical problems. I myself liked the old. Zues and Poseidon seemed plausible, but who the hell is this Darkenon??? The old one made more sense and had better effects. There's one up at least, they still have the whirlpool.

Wonder if it would ever be possible, or practical, to try and convert the interior into some kind of dark ride.
We love the special effects and the entire theming of Poseidon's Fury. It's just that for all that standing & walking, once you've seen it (old or new), it becomes a pass-on-by attraction. ( We did tend to always see the old show every visit, but the new show we've seen only twice....and have passed on the last few trips)
Jim

I agree with Jim (errr....ummmm.....the other Jim, not myself of course.....well I do try to agree with myself as well most of the time....ahh you get the point). The problem with the show is no matter how good it is, once you've seen it once, there's really not much desire to do it again. Even Sinbad is good for multiple viewing, even if just for a break and a chance to sit down. In Posiedon however (both original and new) I get the impression that I am in a never ending line. The entire attraction seems as though it is part of the preshow for something better. Honestly, I think the Dueling Dragons queue is a better attraction :) I have to give Universal credit though for at least trying to update the show. I am one of the few who enjoy the new show and like it slightly better than the original. I am a huge fan of horror and fantasy movies however, so that may play a part. At least they tried. A dark ride would be great though.

On a side note though, it seems like it's been ages since I last posted here. I'm not really sure what happened. Work and other time consuming diversions I guess). Hopefully I'll be around a little more often now....I kinda missed this place! And it looks like I've missed out on a few meets as well.........

Jim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter