Is it safe to take sodas on plane in luggage compartment

S

suburbanmom2

:D hi, I was just wondering if it would be safe to take some 12 pks of sodas in luggage my that will go in baggage area on airplane? I don't want the plane to go down in a ball of flame,but I do like my sodas and hate to pay $$$ so much.:earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

My husband loves Mr Pibb and the only place we can get it is down south. We always bring pack 2 12 packs and put it in our luggage. Never have had a problem with it.

We also bring soda with us in our luggage, but we cover it with plastic just incase they decide to explode (of couse they never did).

Yes, it sure is. Most plane cargo holds are pressurized just like the cabins, which is a good thing for the pets that ride there.

Make sure you have it securely wrapped in plastic! We had a couple of cans explode in our luggage. Unfortunately it got inside the camcorder and ruined it. Definately did not save us money! The camcorder cost $300 to clean the internal parts.

I personally don't do that because I'm afraid of them exploding in my luggage and I don't feel like dealing with them packing them , hauling them around and maybe having to clean up the mess if the explode, I just buy them down there when I get there, I stop at the Walmart on my way to the resort from the airport and that's it.

We just got back from WDW. On our trip down, our supper included a small cup (like one of those juice cups that have a plastic cup and the top is sealed with foil). When I opened mine, I was surprised how the foil was bullged out from the pressure and a little water spurted out when I peeled the foil. After seeing that, I would be afaid to carry any pop in my luggage. It probably would be OK, but, what a mess if it does explode.

Sue,
The bulge you saw was from vaccuum sealing, not pressure from the plane.
vaccuum sealing keeps the juice fresh. Same thing happens to me at the deli when I buy the juice like that, and I am on the ground. :)

No, I've seen lots of those vacuum sealed plastic cups. That's what the individual serving juice in the hospital I work at are served in. On the ground, it's fairly level with the top of the cup, not bulged out above it like I saw on the plane.

I don't believe that all of the baggage compartments are pressurized. If there are pets in baggage, they are put in one of the compartments that can be pressurized and the flight crew is notified so that it is heated, pressurized and monitored. Can you tell that we flew our pets when we moved? They were to have been in the cabin with us, but due to a mess up they had to endure 1 flight in baggage. Since I was causing a (not so) small scene at check-in, they explained the procedure to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter