Is it worth going for half of the experience? Any thoughts?

I don't think so. We don't plan on going back, feel we've done Disney enough. Before all this we were planning on going back but not anymore

Way, way way back in time, you would enter EPCOT and just work your way around the park. No Fastpasses to make you run from one side of the park to the other. No crowds. Food was just meh. No character meet and greets - they just walked around the park and waved and signed autographs. The park was spectacularly clean, and the Cast Members were friendly and fun to talk with. You would stop and marvel about everything, wondering at the ingenuity of the people who created this Magical place.

That's how it is now.

Just returned from a week trip at Disney/universal. I did not want to go due to Covid risk but wife insisted. Turns out she was right as the trip was amazing. If you have kids whose focus is rides then this is literally a once in a lifetime experience. As someone who hates lines/crowded places like crowded amusement parks or large cruise ships(did royal caribbean once and never again. I'll stick with Oceania) I would gladly pay twice or three times as much for the VIP like experience.

Magic Kingdom: Get there 30 min prior to opening and did snow white minecart twice with no wait. Rest of the day were mostly short/no wait. Kids did space mountain about 5 times in a row all walk on. Longest we had to wait was thunder mountain 25min.

Animal Kingdom: FOP and Expedition everest walk on = amazing day.

Skipped Epcot.

HS: As other said it's the most crowded park but still manageable. Got there early at 9:20am and was surprised all rides were already operating. We love toy story mania and being a walk on ride we did it 3 times in a row.

Overall points: 1) With the closed shows and short lines you really don't need multiple days at a park. 2) Even with the daily afternoon storms its easy to finish the park and ride multiple times at a leisurely pace. 3) We are relatively young and fit and statistically low risk if we had contracted the virus. Lets not kid ourselves, even with all the precautions there are plenty of crowded places/touching shared objects(3d glasses, interactive rides, etc), me personally would stay away if I was a high risk Covid group(tho I was surprised to see plenty of senior people there).

I admit the wait times and low crowds look inviting. But, I don't tolerate masks very well, and we live in a No. climate. I know I couldn't do it in humid, hot Florida. So, NO.
I think the present state of the parks is great for those who only want to ride rides multiple times, and have no interest in shows, etc. It would be great for that, and I;m all for it:)
However, we love to walk around the parks, catch the shows and atmosphere of each park. Exploring, shopping, eating where we want are a big part of our trips. The rides are secondary to us at this point.
We are seniors in good health, and I would not hesitate to visit if the restrictions were off. There are alot of us seniors out there who actually feel great and are active.
I think it's great that others are able todo what is offered at disney at this time. Just too much money for us to spend when most of what we like is not available at this time.

I apologize for all the "greats" in here , :o, but I feel "great, LOL:rolleyes1

Last edited:

Just returned from a week trip at Disney/universal. I did not want to go due to Covid risk but wife insisted. Turns out she was right as the trip was amazing. If you have kids whose focus is rides then this is literally a once in a lifetime experience. As someone who hates lines/crowded places like crowded amusement parks or large cruise ships(did royal caribbean once and never again. I'll stick with Oceania) I would gladly pay twice or three times as much for the VIP like experience.

Magic Kingdom: Get there 30 min prior to opening and did snow white minecart twice with no wait. Rest of the day were mostly short/no wait. Kids did space mountain about 5 times in a row all walk on. Longest we had to wait was thunder mountain 25min.

Animal Kingdom: FOP and Expedition everest walk on = amazing day.

Skipped Epcot.

HS: As other said it's the most crowded park but still manageable. Got there early at 9:20am and was surprised all rides were already operating. We love toy story mania and being a walk on ride we did it 3 times in a row.

Overall points: 1) With the closed shows and short lines you really don't need multiple days at a park. 2) Even with the daily afternoon storms its easy to finish the park and ride multiple times at a leisurely pace. 3) We are relatively young and fit and statistically low risk if we had contracted the virus. Lets not kid ourselves, even with all the precautions there are plenty of crowded places/touching shared objects(3d glasses, interactive rides, etc), me personally would stay away if I was a high risk Covid group(tho I was surprised to see plenty of senior people there).
Sounds awesome I can’t wait to go! I’m so ready!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter