Is Kidani bad with wifi?

We are back now and I never found a solution. I even did a prime now order of the travel router but it didn't help. I think it was merely the issue if being nearly impossible to use during high use times (morning and evening). Midday seemed to work fine one day but on a rainy day it was bad again (presumably because more people were inside). If you need reliable connections then definitely plan to use your cellular data hotspot and make sure it's working (my plan for next trip).

Hopefully, WiFi is going to get better. At the annual DVC meeting, they announced that WiFi at all the resorts is being updated and improved. No date for doing it at any particular resort or end date was given.

The Ethernet hook-ups are still there but they do not themselves provide any hook up to the internet.

This is correct! I added a $3 ethernet cable to my prime now order just to try it (before this reply had come through) and it did not work. A little deceiving they are there, seems like they should just completely remove them to avoid confusion.

Here now. Honestly, the wifi is terrible at peak occupancy times. I'm online right now at 6:45am and it's fine. However, last night from 8-10pm it was pretty slow and awful. I noticed it speed up around 11pm as folks started to go to bed. It will probably be a terrible wifi day here at the resort, as folks (including my family) decide to avoid the parks due to the severe weather. Good excuse to find some old-fashioned fun OFF of our devices. Will go check out the Community Hall.

I do suggest everyone email the GM after/during your stay. We need to keep up the pressure; I, incorrectly, assumed it would have been rectified by the end of the year.

I find wifi annoyingly spotty at ALL the DVC properties so I would say Kidani was average. BLT is the worst and the CM's there totally agree. Something about the shape of the building etc. etc.

This trip (2 weeks ago), Wifi was spotty at all the parks also. I keep hearing "we're working on that problem".

There’s two main problems, signal strength in some units, and contention issues. The contention is really bad, the infrastructure is inadequate. However, they say it’s being upgraded, so hopefully that’s the case.

There’s two main problems, signal strength in some units, and contention issues. The contention is really bad, the infrastructure is inadequate. However, they say it’s being upgraded, so hopefully that’s the case.

And the total bandwidth available. I actually think that’s the biggest issue. It’s definitely the issue with slower speeds when more people are in their rooms.

Hopefully, WiFi is going to get better. At the annual DVC meeting, they announced that WiFi at all the resorts is being updated and improved. No date for doing it at any particular resort or end date was given.

I heard that too. I sure hope they take into consideration how much streaming is being done to day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter