Is Main street bake shop and ice cream parlor going to reopen?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
DS just came home from DW in gave me the park brochure from the MK. Hall of Presidents is closed for rehab, it's still on the map and listed as being closed. But the Main Street bake shop isn't even on the map! I hope this isn't a sign of it being gone. When attractions on our past trips were closed for rehab, they were always still on the map. Please tell me it's going to reopen and when.

...was that they were closing and remodeling to "improve traffic flow," which I imagine means more cash registers in the bake shop, and that people wouldn't have to wait in both lines to get items from both places. There's too many ways to do that for me to speculate on specific plans.

But yes, I understand the bake shop and ice cream parlor will re-open (they might have removed the names from the map if they're going to "combine" the shops into one, as yet unnamed shop, I guess).

Jeff

The plan right now is to reopen in late July... and they're talking CAST PREVIEWS! Isn't that odd?

Steve!!

That cast preview thing is indeed interesting. What's your take on it? Give us a little 'inside' speculation.

Thanks

I'm afraid I don't understand. Timekeeper is removed from the map and that's a sure sign that it's gone for good. The Bakery is removed from the map and everybody is sure it will return. What's the freakin' difference????

The ice cream shop and bakery make them an awful lot of money,
while the timekeeper can't, and we all know the "Mouse House"is all about money :) :D :p
Hey at least I got my reply to the right thread this time around:bounce:

My point is, if one believes that Timekeeper is gone because it's not on the map, then one has to believe the same thing for the bakery.
One can't have it both ways...

One can believe both, if one does not over simplify...
One can believe this:

off the map & makes $$ equals will return
off the map & does not make $ equals will not return

Accounting for more than one variable, it makes sense to me...

...there is some speculation that the bake shop and ice cream shop will reopen as one combined shop, therefore needing a map name change.

"If Timekeeper is to re-open, why the need for the map change," becomes the interesting question.

Jeff

Originally posted by HorizonsFan
I'm afraid I don't understand. Timekeeper is removed from the map and that's a sure sign that it's gone for good. The Bakery is removed from the map and everybody is sure it will return. What's the freakin' difference????

The Ice Cream Shop and Bakery are closed for refurbishment, whereas Timekeeper is closed... just closed.
You can never be 100% sure about these types of things, but once you've studied the company for a few years, people get a pretty good idea of how to interpret their actions and the rumors that go along with it with a high degree of accuracy.

The main reason things are looking so bad for Timekeeper are much more complicated than the fact that it doesn't show up on the map any more.

You all illustrated my point beautifully! I read this thread and one of the Timekeeper threads and they both relied heavily on the "not on the map" theory. I'm sure the bakery and ice cream parlor will be back. I don't know about Timekeeper but I tend to lean toward the opinions of many castmembers on this and other boards who say Timekeeper will be back. I just wish people would put a little more thought into why a particular attraction might close instead of looking at the map and pronouncing it dead.

My Mom and I just returned yesterday. She was disappointed that the Crystal Shop was also closed. She likes to buy the blown glass figurines. Any word on if that is going to reopen? Half of the Emporium is closed too, I noticed on the one door there is a sign "Emporium Gallery". Wonder if the part that is now closed will reopen with collectibles?

OnWithTheShow - I was talking about the Crystal Shop on Main Street that was next to the Bake Shop. I think the watch shop was on the other side. They usually had someone there doing the blown glass live.

That shop is closed too? Wow I guess I should venture over to the kingdom more often. (the only reason i normally go is to get a cookie so now that the bake shop is closed i dotn go anymore) Maybe the new ice cream / bake shop will stretch all the way through the crystal store. mmmmm just think of all the cookies!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter