Is park hopping hard to do and very time consuming?

sdteacher

Mouseketeer
I have never park hopped at Disney. If we visit one park and discover after late morning that it is too busy and we want to try a different one, how difficult and confusing is it to hop to another? We have two kids - 9 and 11 - and I don't want to waste a lot of time hopping if it is extremely time consuming. THanks!

I love it! I would not go without it! I suppose it can be time consuming but it ususally is not. if you go from magic kingdom to epcot you can take the monorail:goodvibes Which my kids love anyway! We always try to ride with the driver at least once!

We take afternoon breaks & like eating at World Showcase so we park hop. Since we take the break (we get to the morning park at opening), it doesn't take anymore time to go to a different park later than to go back to the same one. It's hard to take advantage of the great restaurants in WS if you don't hop.

Once you hop, you can't stop ;) Haha, okay I had to. No it is pretty easy, we usually hop at least once a day, but it does eat up some time, so it isn't something that I would plan on doing too many times per day. But we rely on the shuttle system and we have never had a problem with hopping. It is nice because if a park is crowded, you can hop to another one, or if you want to see a nighttime show at one park, but spend the day somewhere else, you can do that. It helps us squeeze everything in on our trips.

Using Disney transportation, park hopping is easiest from Epcot. From the front of the park you can take a monorail to the TTC then either take a ferry or another monorail to the Magic Kingdom. From the back of Epcot you can walk or take a boat to Hollywood Studios. Of course, there's always bus service from one park to any of the other parks. It's not really confusing--just follow the sign to the bus stop for the park you want to hop to. Theoretically, you shouldn't have to wait more than 20 minutes for a bus to arrive. :)

How hard is it to take monorail from Epcot to MK after fireworks? Is that the best way to go?

We want to do Epcot until close 9:00 and then hop to MK for EMH until 1:00, MK closes at 10:00 will it be impossible to get into the park?

Also how do you get the bands for EMH if you are not planning on being at that park during the day? Do they also hand them out at the gate?

My family and I parked hopped one day to all four parks using the buses, during spring break, doing at least activity at each park, and starting at 6pm. We started with Animal Kingdom we got autographs rather than ride a ride, then headed over to MGM and rode star tours, then epcot and rode a smaller attraction, then went to Magic Kingdom for extra magic hours. I think we even managed to catch the fireworks. I took some time, but it was a fun adventure and proves that park hopping is super easy. On normal days my family will start in one park in the morning then go to another in the evening. Park hopping is the way to go!

WE always park hop, one day our kids wanted to see how many modes of transportation we could take in one day, so...drove car from home to Buffalo, flew to orlando, shuttle in airport, motorcoach to SSR, boat to DTD, walked back, bus to MK, monorail to GF, then to EPCOT, Monorail back to MK, and bus back to SSR.
It was so much fun that we park hop just to use the transportation-well, we love the parks too!
We just say 'we're on vacation, lets do and go where ever we want when ever we want'!!!:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter