Is RPR comparable to a Disney deluxe resort?

Castillo Mom

DIS Veteran
We have reservations for two nights at RPR at $119 per night for next August after our 10 day stay at the BC at WDW. Would you all consider RPR to be a deluxe resort comparable to the BC? From the pics I've seen of RPR, it seems like a beautiful place, but I can't get over the difference in rates between it and BC or the other deluxes at Disney. Just wondering what your opinions or experiences were.:scratchin

To me , the Royal Pacific and the other two Universal resorts are far superior to any of the Disney resorts. Some will disagree with me but the beds and linins at the Loews Hotels are of much higher quality. You may find the rooms at the RP a little small but still about what a moderate resort room size would be at Disney. Your rate is great.

I'm very happy with the ENT rate as well. Right now with the AAA discount, my rate at BC is about twice as much. Keeping my fingers crossed that some other discounts for BC will come out. At any rate, I'm very excited to be taking the side trip to Universal. That portion of our trip is surprise for our 3 boys. I'm actually debating whether to shorten our stay at WDW and add a day or two to Universal.

Yes, Yes, and yes. I love the Disney resorts, but IMO, the Universal resorts have some more attention to details. For one the RPR has closets where the moderates at WDW only have the bar from wall to wall.

You will love it there and you got it for a steal!

I would definately extend your stay at RPR, especially if you can get that rate for a few more days. Good that you are going to Disney first as FOTL will surely spoil you!

Thanks for the advice and comments! Now I'm even more excited to go and will try to talk my husband into dropping a day at WDW to add another to Universal. Can't wait!:)

I agree..the Universal resorts are superior to disney deluxe resorts...we love the Universal resorts, especially Royal Pacific.

Enjoy!

Just back from WDW and RPR. We loved them both but to answer your question about comparing resorts, RPR (Loews) is far superior. My DS upon first use of the RPR facilities makes the comment "Look mom they use the good toilet paper!"

My DS15 stole a roll of the "good toilet paper." My kids have finally outgrown WDW and don't even ask to go there unless they open something new. Staying onsite will totally spoil the 3 boys and they may look down their noses at the "Small World" after they taste FOTL. Is BC quite a bit more pricey? Be careful on Mission Space. My whole family was sick for the entire day after that ride. Your next trip will be Hard Rock.

My DS15 stole a roll of the "good toilet paper."

::yes:: :rotfl:

I agree that Universal Hotels are deluxe and we prefer them to Disneys as well!

Originally posted by Motherfletcher
My DS15 stole a roll of the "good toilet paper." My kids have finally outgrown WDW and don't even ask to go there unless they open something new. Staying onsite will totally spoil the 3 boys and they may look down their noses at the "Small World" after they taste FOTL. Is BC quite a bit more pricey? Be careful on Mission Space. My whole family was sick for the entire day after that ride. Your next trip will be Hard Rock.

Definitely pricier at BC than RPR. AAA rate for BC is around $240 a night, RPR rate is $119 a night. I'm crossing my fingers that Disney will offer better discounts, but of course there's no guarantee. Still looking for the right time to talk to hubby about shortening or WDW stay to add another day at Universal instead. I think my boys may enjoy IOA more than any other park due to their ages, 10, 12 and 14.

I just had a thought. Instead of purchasing our UPH passes right now, I could just buy them when we check in at BC, thus allowing me to eliminate the check out day on the pass. Then we could just check out in the morning to head straight over to RPR and check in there. See, my original plan was to buy the UPH passes within the next two weeks in order to get the advance purchase discount, but that would mean that I have to get 10 day passes (length of stay) and would not be able to lop off check in/check out days at WDW, which meant that we would still be touring a WDW park on the tenth day (check out day) and we'd stay the night at some cheap hotel near Universal, then early the next morning check in to RPR for our two night stay. I was also planning on getting the 2 day Universal pass that includes the 3rd day free. So let's say that we check out of BC on the 9th day (assuming I forego the advance purchase of UPH passes and lop off the check out day) and head directly to RPR. Let's say I go ahead and go with plan B. With FOTL, would it be ok to arrive at one of the Universal parks at say 11:00 a.m. and still be able to tour at a reasonable pace and not have to wait in long lines? I know, too much info right? If any of this made sense to anyone, please give me your advice!

With FOTL you can go at 3 in the afternoon. It is going to totally spoil you. We still go early to get the front seat on the Hulk or be the first to ride JP but with FOTL you walk on everything with maybe a fifteen minute wait on peak days.
I didn't realize that BC was more than twice as much as RPR. I wouldn't think there would be a wrong time to tell the hubby that you are saving $100. If you did day trips to WDW you could save a grand. I don't think I'm the only husband that would like to hear that!::yes::

Congrats! So you have everything tied down with 255 days to go? Stay tuned to the boards!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter