Is the end coming for the Chase Disney Visa?

I also received the 'new' card (Visa Signature) which doesn't have the picture I had selected for my old card.

Having said that, I enjoy the Disney Visa card for one reason. We don't visit WDW/DL that often, but when we do the points accrued have in the past either completely covered our park tickets OR several days of sit down meals in the park. So I think it's worth it for that reason alone.

I recently received a new card also. Wasn't happy as the old card had the classic Mickey Mouse design which is no longer available. That card was good for another two years. Now I have Sorcerer Mickey which I guess is OK.

Last edited:
Did anyone else get a notice that a new card is being sent to them? I just got a new card in March so I was highly suspicious of this and called the number on the back of my card (not the number in the email, in case it was a scam) and they verified that I am indeed getting a new card in the mail. But the gal I talked to could not tell me why. Which I thought was strange. None of the reasons for getting a new card that were in the email are valid, leaving only the last one as a possibility:

Don't remember why you would be getting a card from us? Here are some reasons:

- Your current card is about to expire

- You were approved for a new account

- You accepted an offer to upgrade to a different rewards program

- You reported your card as lost or stolen, or requested a new card

- We are sending you a new card with updated features or benefits

So, what does anyone know what the updated features or benefits might be?

I got the message that I'd be getting a new card (have the Premier Visa) and when I called to ask they told me that since my card design had been retired (which it has been) and since I was getting close to my expiration date (which I wasn't 06/20), they were sending me a new card with an updated expiration date and new design. I told them that I would have appreciated the chance to pick a new design myself first, since there are so many options (I know I can choose a new one at any time, but its a waste of a card then). That was the conversation - no new benefits or upgrades.

I recently received a new card also. Wasn't happy as the old card had the classic Mickey Mouse design which is no longer available. That card was good for another two years. Now I have Sorcerer Mickey which I guess is OK.

We had the classic MM too and received the Sorcerer Mickey. As a ministry family, we aren't comfortable whipping out a sorcerer when we pay with the credit card, so I called the number on the back and requested a different card. They didn't question why, offered me a nice selection to choose from, we settled on the castle w/fireworks. It's pretty sharp looking. :)

I know this is a little bit off topic, but I just got the $0 fee Disney card. How do the character meet and greet's work? How do you get the "free" photo?

Thanks!

I know this is a little bit off topic, but I just got the $0 fee Disney card. How do the character meet and greet's work? How do you get the "free" photo?

Thanks!

Info from the Disney Visa website:

Disney Character Experience at our Private Cardmember Location
At Walt Disney World® Resort, stop by our private location—reserved just for Cardmembers—to meet and pose with some of your favorite Disney Characters. You’ll receive downloads of your photos, too! Just present your Disney Visa Card to enter this exclusive event, offered daily 1pm to 7pm at the Disney Visa Photo Spot at Epcot®. Our new location is located in Future World next to Journey Into Imagination With Figment.

Star Wars™ Character Experience at our Private Cardmember Location
Explore the Galaxy at the Star Wars™ Character Experience, offered daily from 11am to 4pm at the Star Wars Launch Bay in the Animation Courtyard at Disney’s Hollywood Studios®. You’ll receive downloads of your photos to mark your visit to the dark side! Simply present your Disney Visa Credit Card to enter this exclusive location.

Info from the Disney Visa website:

Disney Character Experience at our Private Cardmember Location
At Walt Disney World® Resort, stop by our private location—reserved just for Cardmembers—to meet and pose with some of your favorite Disney Characters. You’ll receive downloads of your photos, too! Just present your Disney Visa Card to enter this exclusive event, offered daily 1pm to 7pm at the Disney Visa Photo Spot at Epcot®. Our new location is located in Future World next to Journey Into Imagination With Figment.

Star Wars™ Character Experience at our Private Cardmember Location
Explore the Galaxy at the Star Wars™ Character Experience, offered daily from 11am to 4pm at the Star Wars Launch Bay in the Animation Courtyard at Disney’s Hollywood Studios®. You’ll receive downloads of your photos to mark your visit to the dark side! Simply present your Disney Visa Credit Card to enter this exclusive location.

I was looking for more specifics.... like how you are given this free download of photos... etc?

I was looking for more specifics.... like how you are given this free download of photos... etc?
I'm pretty sure this summer at Disneyland in Launch Bay, they handed us a card with the website address to get the digital photo from. We didn't use it because we had the Photo Pass so it just showed up in our App with the rest of our photos.

I've had the standard Disney VISA since its inception (my card says Day 1) and recently both DH and I got the premier cards for the $200 gift card bonus (his is a Yoda card and I am an authorized user; mine is a Darth Vader card and it's mine alone). What I like about the Disney VISA cards is that it's money "ear"marked specifically for Disney vacations; I am never tempted/able to use it for other rewards, cash that gets thrown in the checking account and used on groceries, etc. We've never used it for souvenir shopping (we don't get souvenirs at Disney), meet&greets, etc., although it IS nice to get the 10% discount at Boma (one of our favorite restaurants anywhere), The Wave, etc.

What I like about our Disney VISA cards is that I know that I am constantly building towards a "free" or greatly reduced Disney vacation, and that works for us. (Of course, we put EVERYTHING on the cards and pay them off every month, and I will close my Darth account- after transferring the existing rewards points- before I have to pay the annual fee next summer.)

I always like to remind people that you can use credit cards to buy things you need every month anyway, like food, toiletries, gas...and to pay bills like insurance, utilities, cell phone.

I have earned $100 Disney reward dollars in just two months by simply paying my recurring bills with the card. They offered a 4% bonus earnings for autopay bills in those categories this summer. I also use it for groceries and gas (2% earnings). I didn't buy any more than I would have anyway, but now I also have an extra $100 that I didn't have at the beginning of June.

We have the Disney Chase Visa and that is how we use it. I put everything on it but mortgage, insurance and car payment. So its a lot of money on there every month I pay directly off when the bills comes from our checking account. I have been able to accrue $1300 of points in a few years which I cashed in to pay for tickets for our trip in a week. I feel I got a good deal. But we won't have anymore Disney trips planned for awhile so I may look into other cards after that that might give back more rewards.

I also received the 'new' card (Visa Signature) which doesn't have the picture I had selected for my old card.

Having said that, I enjoy the Disney Visa card for one reason. We don't visit WDW/DL that often, but when we do the points accrued have in the past either completely covered our park tickets OR several days of sit down meals in the park. So I think it's worth it for that reason alone.

If you don't like the picture on your card, just call them and ask for another picture. I do this every time. I had Ariel for a long time but they discontinued her and sent me a Mickey and pals and I called them back and asked for Tinkerbell and then they got rid of her so now I have Elsa.

If you don't like the picture on your card, just call them and ask for another picture. I do this every time. I had Ariel for a long time but they discontinued her and sent me a Mickey and pals and I called them back and asked for Tinkerbell and then they got rid of her so now I have Elsa.

You can do this online as well.

They've had Tinkerbell for many years. That's the card I've always had...or at least as long as I can remember. And I've had my card replaced numerous times over the last 3 years (lost one, part of a few security breaches, and had the chip go bad on one card) but it's always been replaced with another Tinkerbell card. They did change the style of Tinkerbell a few years ago It used to be a purple card with a full-body picture of Tink. Now it's a green card with a upper-body close-up picture of Tink. I prefer the old style purple card, but the new one isn't bad. Just mentioning in case you want to switch back to Tinkerbell.

They've had Tinkerbell for many years. That's the card I've always had...or at least as long as I can remember. And I've had my card replaced numerous times over the last 3 years (lost one, part of a few security breaches, and had the chip go bad on one card) but it's always been replaced with another Tinkerbell card. They did change the style of Tinkerbell a few years ago It used to be a purple card with a full-body picture of Tink. Now it's a green card with a upper-body close-up picture of Tink. I prefer the old style purple card, but the new one isn't bad. Just mentioning in case you want to switch back to Tinkerbell.

I like my Elsa one. My favorite was the Ariel card though and I am sad they don't have it anymore. I have red hair and love mermaids so that one was so more fitting for me.

I always have gotten compliments from clerks when they see the Disney card. People love them.

I like my Elsa one. My favorite was the Ariel card though and I am sad they don't have it anymore. I have red hair and love mermaids so that one was so more fitting for me.

I always have gotten compliments from clerks when they see the Disney card. People love them.

I agree. I get a lot of comments on my Tinkerbell card and my husband gets great reactions to his Darth Vader card.

I have the Mickey and Friends design and I get a lot of comments from cashiers as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!