Is the ESPN club gone for good from the MAGIC?

lornak

DIS Veteran
I just read that the ESPN skybox on the Magic will be converted to a teen club during dry dock. Does anyone know if it is being relocated or is it being eliminated completely???
Thanks for your insights....

As I understand it, there will no longer be an ESPN club, but "Off Beat" will be renamed "Distractions", and will be sort of a Cheers-like bar, with sporting events being shown on TV.

'Beano':cool:

It is going on now , the Magic is in a drydock period and the changes will be made .................

Do you know if "Distractions" will be open to teens? I am traveling with my 15 year old nephew and his plan had been to stay in the ESPN club all day! :) I'd just like to be able to prepare him....! Thanks for the info...

Actually, the new name for what was "Off Beat" will be known as "Diversions" which will have a standard, upright piano which will give the club more of a 'honky-tonk' piano bar feel. It will also air sporting events to watch and should be open to teens.......Andy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter