Is the extra hour at EE worth the crowds later?

Originally posted by vasoccermom
I was planning on doing the EE mainly for MK but just realized that their EE day is Thursday (we'll only be there M-F) and that is Veteran's Day. I had read that many locals who have school off that day tend to hit MK so I wonder if our best bet might be to use EE for the first hour and then hop the monorail over to EPCOT that day! Is there a direct monorail from MK to EPCOT or do we need to transfer?

Karen

My guess is that it would be longer than an hour before it's busy. If you get there before they open for EE, ride the Fantasyland and Tomorrowland rides that you want and then see how busy the park is getting. If it's not bad then continue with Oogieboogie's plan. I bet that even if a lot of locals go on that day since they are not usually staying onsite that the park won't start getting busy until 10 or later. If those people tend to start out in Fantasyland you'll be in good shape until even later. Just stay ahead of the crowds and when it gets busy you can then hop to Epcot.

You'll have to transfer monorails at the TTC, but that shouldn't take long.

T&B

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter