is the UK 14 day Magic ticket refundable?

disneyholic family

disney on my mind....
I've probably asked this before, but i don't recall and i couldn't find the answer on the board when i searched.

Is the UK 14 day Magic ticket refundable?
i'm starting to worry about being able to make park reservations if we don't buy the tickets soon, since we'll be there beginning with one of the busiest holiday periods of the year (4th of july weekend)
I've been holding off buying the tickets as i'm not 100% sure we'll be able to go.
It seems like covid is over, but who knows. What if a new variant pops up and things close down again?
Also, my husband is in treatment for lymphoma.
I asked his doctor about the trip and she said he should be able to go no problem.
But who knows. There's always that possibility.

So does anyone know whether the tickets are refundable?

I appreciate your help!! thanks!!

I don't think they are refundable if you just change your mind and decide not to go

Mine have Covid insurance on them which means if the US shuts down again they are refunded.

I just had a look in my copy of the Disney UK T&C's and under cancellation by you it has a paragraph that says:
"We do not give refunds for Ticket-only Bookings."

That is the entire paragraph verbatim.

that's what i was worried about..
thanks for checking!!!!

Although tickets are non-refundable most companies (well Disney Direct and Attraction Tickets for sure) have allowed people to move tickets to next year if they decide not to travel. Obviously this isn't guaranteed but just thought I would mention it as it might be something to take into account.

They did refund Covid impacted ticket only bookings.
A lot of companies made unusual provisions for that, but those are temporary and at their discretion. The current contractual position for Disney is "no", per post #3 *.
It's always worth asking for an exception if caught out, but for planning purposes you should assume the contract will stand and you will need to have insurance or lose the money.

Bookings through other companies may have different conditions, especially as in some cases I think you don't actually buy the tickets until you pay the balance. (You see this effect even with Disney where you book flights as part of a trip. If you book with an airline direct you usually have to pay upfront, but with a Disney package you don't pay until much closer to the time, at which point refunds get difficult. I assume intermediaries have a bloc of tickets allocated to them but they don't pay for them until 'used'.)

* The document I quoted there is:
WALT DISNEY TRAVEL COMPANY INTERNATIONAL BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS (EFFECTIVE 1 JULY 2018 UPDATED 8 December 2021)
It's the one that comes with every invoice.

I've probably asked this before, but i don't recall and i couldn't find the answer on the board when i searched.

Is the UK 14 day Magic ticket refundable?
i'm starting to worry about being able to make park reservations if we don't buy the tickets soon, since we'll be there beginning with one of the busiest holiday periods of the year (4th of july weekend)
I've been holding off buying the tickets as i'm not 100% sure we'll be able to go.
It seems like covid is over, but who knows. What if a new variant pops up and things close down again?
Also, my husband is in treatment for lymphoma.
I asked his doctor about the trip and she said he should be able to go no problem.
But who knows. There's always that possibility.

So does anyone know whether the tickets are refundable?

I appreciate your help!! thanks!!
Firstly hope your husband is well. They are non refundable but you can change the dates assuming no part of the ticket has been used.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter