Is there a Change to jump on FOP just before the park closes?

Do you mean is there a CHANCE to jump on? You can get in line up to park closing time and they will let you ride.

Hi ! I wanted to ask if there is a way to jump on FOP shortly before the Park closes? :dogdance:

Well, you can hop in line right up to a couple minutes before park close. The line will move at a decent pace without all the FP returns coming in. However, from what I've heard, you might still be in line for a couple hours.

If you don't have anywhere else to be, though, it's not a bad tactic.

Navi River Journey had extremely short waits just before close (posted said 40 min, actual was about 10-15 min), when I was there in January. We rode that instead!

We even rode Navi twice in a row, one night when it was raining.

If you're a morning person and/or will be at AK in the AM, then get there really early and do it at RD. That way you are doing your waiting before the park opens. If you're a night person and/or will be at AK in the PM, then hop in the FoP line right before park closing, ride it after the park closes, and then head out. That way you are doing your waiting after the park closes. Either way, you will have a shorter wait than most times during the day and you will not lose touring time in line while the park is open and you could be doing other things.

One advantage of getting on line right before park closing is that the line will move more quickly than during open hours because no one has FP reservations for after the park is closed. So the standby line will move much more quickly as it then becomes standby only. Often there will be a long wait time posted around park closing, but anecdotally the actual wait will only be about 50% of that.

When are the last buses to resorts? Is there a possibility of missing the last bus if the line is really long?

It probably says that on the website to encourage you not to linger after park close, but you will never be stranded at a park.

Well, you can hop in line right up to a couple minutes before park close. The line will move at a decent pace without all the FP returns coming in. However, from what I've heard, you might still be in line for a couple hours.

The posted wait times are intentionally exaggerated at night to discourage late riders and are often 3 to 4 times the actual wait.

If the posted time is 2 hours, the actual wait will be closer to 30-40 minutes.

You can get in line all the way until official park closing time and you will still get on (unless it breaks down). Don't let posted wait times at park closing discourage you. On our last trip, our plan was to do FEA right at park closing. The posted wait time was 110 minutes and we didn't like that, but knew there would be no other chance to go on it, since we would not be spending another day in Epcot with our 1 park per day tickets. We even bought snacks from the bakery in Norway right before closing time, before we got in line for the ride and that way we could have a snack while waiting for almost 2 hours. We barely had enough time to finish our snacks because we wait less than 20 minutes. And that was less than 2 months after it opened.

Yup... if ur willing to just wait till last ride of ur nite. I agree, ignore posted wait times n jump on the line
Such an Amazing attraction! I Loved it!!

The posted wait times are intentionally exaggerated at night to discourage late riders and are often 3 to 4 times the actual wait.

If the posted time is 2 hours, the actual wait will be closer to 30-40 minutes.

Actually, the night we were there, the posted time at park close was 240 minutes. And that was at the end of January.

So... a minimum hour's wait? The line was so long they had it in two parts - with a line to get into the line back along the path across the way from the entrance. I do expect wait times to lessen as the newness of the attraction wears off.

We rode near park closing a couple of weeks ago. Posted wait time was, I think, 120 minutes. Actual wait time was about 30 minutes. We knew to try this only because we'd just used our FP+s and the people coming off the ride behind us said they'd just done standby and had waited about 40 minutes.

The standby line is fun once you get inside. Lots to see.

We rode near park closing a couple of weeks ago. Posted wait time was, I think, 120 minutes. Actual wait time was about 30 minutes. We knew to try this only because we'd just used our FP+s and the people coming off the ride behind us said they'd just done standby and had waited about 40 minutes.

The standby line is fun once you get inside. Lots to see.

I agree with this - we did the same thing and the whole family enjoyed the experience. It was also great to get out after and see Pandora at night with hardly any people. You see and hear a bunch of things you don't during the day, due to all the hustle and bustle of the day's crowds.

This summer, our plan is to hop in line about 45 minutes before closing time to see if we can get on twice before the park closes. I think it can be done.

I know it can’t be done in the morning, no matter how early you arrive.

2 weeks ago we got in line about 7:15 on an 8pm close day (Thursday). Posted wait was 95 minutes and we waited about 45 minutes total, 39 min to the lab room. Worth it for sure, and we didn’t waste any of our day touring time!

If you don't have anywhere else to be, though, it's not a bad tactic.

Navi River Journey had extremely short waits just before close (posted said 40 min, actual was about 10-15 min), when I was there in January. We rode that instead!

We even rode Navi twice in a row, one night when it was raining.

So did we. We rode twice in the last half hour before park close.

We got in line at 11pm with park closing at 12pm. The wait time was posted as 125 minutes. We were off by midnight and could have got in line again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter