Is there a Disney Storte Outlet near HH?

LAB

Earning My Ears
I thought I read somewhere on this board that there is a Disney Sotre Outlet w/i driving distance of the HH resort. Is this so.

We will be at HH in December (going on the "membership tour"). Then we will be at WDW in February. I would love to stock up for our Feb. trip in December at HH as we live in VT where there isn't even a regular Disney Store :(

Yes, the DS outlet is just off the island before you cross the bridge. It is located in a strip mall with other outlets.

They will provide directions at the resort, if you miss it on the way in.

Enjoy the tour and HH!

It is actually a Disney Catalog Outlet, not a Disney Store Outlet, so they don't carry the same things. Very little park or resort logo stuff, if any, there. It is really before you get to Hilton Head, it is in Bluffton, though it is called Hilton Head Factory Outlet 1 and 2. It is in 2. It will be on your right (DO NOT turn at Outlet 1, go just a short way and turn at 2). It is right before Old Navy.

They do not sell Disney Dollars or park passes. Can't remember if they take Disney Dollars, but I think so. This is the website to the outlets: www.shophiltonhead.com.

The Disney Catalog Outlet is in the outlet shown in the picture on the website, so that is the one you are looking for. The 2 outlets look very different.

Our first few trips to HH we found GREAT bargains there!
Pre-cruise in 98 when the ship was delayed they had lots of cruise stuff!
I got picture frames and shirts for a lot less than people were paying on board!

However each time I go the selection and prices are worse.
In fact the last 3 times I have not even seen anything I wanted to buy.
They now fill the store with non-disney merchandise as well.

I always have to stop BUT no longer have hope of finding much there.

Linda

I agree with the previous poster. When my wife and I took our trip to HH this July we stopped at the outlet center just to check out the Disney store. With high hopes we found little of interest to us. Watches seemed to be a good deal if you are a collector but not much else, so I would think twice before making a special trip there.

Chris

We were there in May. The store really had nothing to offer, it was a complete waste of time. Unless you are just there shopping, it is not worth a special trip.

I went to that outlet center by mistake. It took 15 minutes just to get through the driveway.
the parking lot was full and the people trying to get out was even worse. The line of cars to exit was wrapped around the entire center. That is why I have a tahoe z-71. I was able to do a little offroad driving through the back until i found a golfcorse service road. I followed that until i got back to the highway. The cars never looked like they even moved. HHI is great, its not like the outlet center.

We managed to spend about $50 at the HHI Catalog Outlet store about a month ago. But then again all we bought were Disney beanies and a backup Mickey Towncrier. If you are in the area, it's worth stopping by. We were spending the night at Hardeeville and made the 30 minute drive just to see the store and the DVC resort on HHI.

We usually visit the Outlet area for a couple hours on each trip to HH. We enjoy looking throught the Disney Catalog shop but rarely buy anything. There is no comparison between the Disney Outlets in the Beltz Mall in Orlando and the "Catalog" type discount stores. We tend to hit this particular mall's Carter outlet and just do some general window shopping. I think that there is a really good shoe store that carries some high dollar kid's shoes around the corner from the Disney Outlet. Sorry can't remember the name. We usually try a pick a cloudy or rainy morning to hit the outlet. We are not big outlet shoppers so others may have better success. It takes about 20 minutes or so during the fall or spring seasons to get to the mall area from the DVC.

When it first opened it was great!
In addition to the crusie "stuff" I mentioned earlier I found lots of gifts.
Mickie and Minnie lighted pumpkins for 2.00, a beautiful pink pooh terry robe for 20.00, etc

However the bargains and merchandise don't even tempt me any more!
I still peak in each trip and glad they added lights to get back on the road easier especially if you are going away from the island!

Linda

I had to post an update. My husband had to work today, he only works one Sat. every few months. He works in Bluffton, SC, about 45 min. from where we live. I decided to go with him today and go shopping. I went to the Disney Catalog Outlet and was very impressed. I hadn't been there in quite sometime beause, as others have said, the selection was always pretty bad, and they used to have so much non-Disney JUNK.

I am happy to report I saw ONLY Disney merchandise at the catalog outlet today. They had some really neat things and some really good buys. Childrens Halloween costumes (though the didn't have many) at 70% off. They also had Disneyland (NOT Disney World) shot glasses. I thought that was interesting. It seemed much improved.

My husband only worked 10-2, so after he got off we went to lunch then we drove through the Hilton Head Vacation Club. I had never been there. We were very impressed. I think we'll have to make a trip there soon. I wanted to visit the preview center, but they're closed on Fri. and Sat.!

Glad to hear the outlet is improved! Thanks for the update!
We love the DVC at HH!
In fact were talking on the way home today about the possibility of a fall weekend there!

Linda:earsboy:

I have a map to the Disney Store on my website. Check it out. I have seen some bargin watches, but have not bought too much there. Did buy a micro-fiber Mickey Golf jacket for a good price on year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter