Is there any way this will pass ROFR?

poohj80

Got Hunny?
I saw this auction for BWV and would have jumped on the Buy It Now price if I thought there was any chance it woudl pass ROFR.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4387641969

What surprised me is that the auction made no mention of Disney's right of first refusal. Do you resale experts think there is any chance this sale will actually go through? If not, what does the real estate agent have to gain by listing these points if the Buy It Now is so low that it will obviously be bought back?

Thanks for any thoughts. We are considering the resale market but want a better understanding of how it all works before we dive in.

I would say they are misrepresenting the fact that bids would be a final sale for sure. Also, I am sure they are hoping that bidding will go WAY above the current FROR levels (which has happened several times lately on these ebay auctions - some have gone as high as $115+ per point.)

I does feel like something is amis with them NOT mentioning the FROR.

wait - I just looked at the OKW contract they have for sale as well and it DOES mention FROR. It appears that the FROR part of this one was accidently cut off of the bottom of the block describing the property.

lllovell said:
Also, I am sure they are hoping that bidding will go WAY above the current FROR levels (which has happened several times lately on these ebay auctions - some have gone as high as $115+ per point.)
But their Buy It Now price was less than $70/point and was only about $500 above their opening bid. Maybe it was a typo on their part but I can't see BWV going for less than $70/point with the current resale market.

I have heard that auctions on eBay are more likely to pass than through resale brokers. Having said that, it may be a low price just so the seller can get the contract sold. The broker still gets their fees from Disney if Disney's ROFR's the contract. I hope it passes for you, that would be a great deal!!!

utahkennedys said:
I hope it passes for you, that would be a great deal!!!
Thanks, but I didn't bid on this one. Just watching the online sales while gathering info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter