is there anything special to do with an 11 yr. old girl

xbwkq1v

Earning My Ears
I am taking my DD 11yrs old to Disney World for the first time. I am wondering if there is anything special that I can take her to. She is a little old for the character meals I think. Everything I read on Dis is more for younger girls. Just not sure if I have missed something that would be great for her first time there.
Thanks! :cheer2:

I think she would still enjoy a character meal...besides you have to eat, right? You could also take her to the Bibbidee Bobbidee Boutique and have her hair and make-up done, or if she's a bit more adventurous -- rent one of the Searacers at any of the marinas (my kids are 15 & 13 now...but this an activity they always love).

Also, be sure and get her a "First Visit" pin at each of the parks. It usually guarantees some CMs will welcome her and ask if she's having a good time. :goodvibes

I took my niece when she was 11 and we had a fantastic time!

She loved getting her hair wrapped at Animal Kingdom and we did the Cape May Character breakfast at the Beach Club and she really had a good time. It was a bit less "kiddie" than say Chef Mickey's. The characters are in the their bathing suits! Too cute! We also had alot of fun at the Prime Time at Disney Studios.

I would investigate the Hannah Montana package at BBB before booking it.
It is $109 and I hear the wig is pretty bad and doesnt stay on too well. I don't get that package...they stick on $10 wig on your kid's head and charge you $109? I know Hannah is popular, but part of the magic at BBB is getting your hair done...can't imagine how what happens when they are just putting a wig on you.

You could go to a spa and have pedicures and manicures.

Shopping spree.

Take a helicopter ride. One tour goes around MGM and Epcot and over Pop Century. I got some great pics. (Do you have a car?)

Fireworks cruise.

Rent, a mouse boat. What are they called? Watermice?

I am so glad that I asked about this now since I am reading answers about things i have not even read about.
She loves animals and is really looking forward to AK. What is hair wrapped?
I was thinking about the BBB pop princess hairstyle but wasn't sure if that was to young for her. The searacers sound great she would like that.

My DS6 will also be there he will be turning 7 5 days after we leave Disney. We wanted to take them that week but I couldn't get it off work. I have scheduled the Pirates & Princess party for us on Sat. night.

6 mos. ago I would have said the HM makeover would have been perfect but after she went to the concert now she loves the Jonas Bros. instead.

Her favorite things now are computers, Jonas Bros., Tinkerbell and any kind of animals.
princess: pirate:

If she likes animals She might like a tour at AK

a hair wrap is when they take a bit of hair and wrap it with colored thread. I think that is the best way to describe it

100_0208.jpg

if you are doing a P&PP I would take the kids to BBB that day so they can be a pirate or princess that day!!!! I also think the sea racer would be good for you son as well!

I am taking my DD 11yrs old to Disney World for the first time. I am wondering if there is anything special that I can take her to. She is a little old for the character meals I think. Everything I read on Dis is more for younger girls. Just not sure if I have missed something that would be great for her first time there.
Thanks! :cheer2:

Our 11 year old loved the character meals! In fact she and I went alone to Epcot and saw Mary Poppins, the Pooh characters (in England) and Belle (near France). We also gave her a bit of spending money so she could shop for the perfect souvenir (in her case it was a ring and bracelet). She also really liked getting her hair wrapped.

We may have it easy, but our 11 year old thought the whole trip was special. She is pretty easy to please.

Have fun!
Daneen

I am so glad that I asked about this now since I am reading answers about things i have not even read about.
She loves animals and is really looking forward to AK. What is hair wrapped?
I was thinking about the BBB pop princess hairstyle but wasn't sure if that was to young for her. The searacers sound great she would like that.

My DS6 will also be there he will be turning 7 5 days after we leave Disney. We wanted to take them that week but I couldn't get it off work. I have scheduled the Pirates & Princess party for us on Sat. night.

6 mos. ago I would have said the HM makeover would have been perfect but after she went to the concert now she loves the Jonas Bros. instead.

Her favorite things now are computers, Jonas Bros., Tinkerbell and any kind of animals.
princess: pirate:

Wow, my niece (now 12) sounds just like your DD. She is over HM as well and we just got her Jonas Brother tickets for her birthday!

I'm taking my niece in October and she is very excited about her BBB appointment. She is getting the Pop Princess style I think and I booked it for the same day as we are going to the MNSSHP. Maybe book appointment for the days you are going to the P&P party.

As for the hair wrap, I don't quite get the big thing, but my niece loved it. There is a stand where they wrapped colored string around a section of hair, then you can get beads on the end. She loved it though and I SWEAR the wrap stayed in hair for almost a month before finally unraveling.

My 11 year old loved being able to go to the Japan pavillion at Epcot, and be able to select her own oyster, discover her pearl and choose a setting for it. She treasures that piece of jewellery, her first proper piece, which made her feel very special.

Val
xx

It really depends on the 11 year old. My DD11 loves everything about WDW. In MK she likes the rides and shows. She is desperate for the rumored Tinker Bell meet-and-greet. She likes the animals and shows in AK. Her favorite park is Epcot. She loves going through the stores around the World Showcase.

I would suggest that you get a WDW book, like the Passporter, and give it to your DD and let her plan a couple of days of your trip. I think she would have fun having control over what is happening and it would give you ideas about what she would really like to do.

My neice really likes the afternoon tea at the Grand Flordian. I very "grown up" event. We did a "girls only" for the age 10 and over ladies. She said it was her first REAL tea party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter