Is There Interest in a FW DISMeet in Oct 2021? UPDATE: No But The DISMeet Concept Lives On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some place like Gatlinburg in October can be really pretty. Typically that time of year is when the leaves are changing and the mountains are at their prettiest. It is also their "busy season" because of this same event. While it varies depending on when the leaves change, it can be quite crowded.

So Gatlinburg is a consideration for sure.

We can certainly consider a summer DISMeet in Gatlinburg as a possibility. Fall is nice in the Smokies, sure, but only a return FW DISMeet NEEDS to be in October again if it occured. If folks want an non-Disney DISMeet, that's a great idea but we are not bound to October - it can be any time of year for our consideration. Speaking for myself, I would prefer a summer DISMeet wherever it ends up.

Bama Ed

PS - just putting that out there knowing that 10RC fans routinely (and fans of the opposing team) stay in G-burg on a visit while attending the hoedown at Neyland Stadium on a fall Saturday. Those are weekends but they might still overrun the G-burg Waffle House on the Thursday morning before that weekend, that kind of thing....

Last edited:
Summertime would be better for the kids to be able to attend and also for the mountain hiking. I'll be honest, as much as I love Disney, I have always loved that park more than any other place. Let me loose on some trails and I'm happy. The further down the trail, the quieter it gets. You would be amazed at how much of that park is missed because folks can't or don't get out of the cars.

June or July would be best for us. In October, that 3rd week is fall break so girls are out for 2 days then. I do agree with Ed, that time of year is their "Peak season" and busiest.

As far as campgrounds go in that area, I'll be honest, I toured the 3 campgrounds on 321 north of Gatlinburg, and was not impressed in the least. Several folks on here have commented on different places in Pigeon Forge that they liked. The only place I have experience at is Riversedge, but there are several there that we could easily use that have plenty of spots.

Last edited:
I found a place in Pigeon Forge that was really nice. Pine Mountain RV Park. Open paved sites. Nice creek to back up to. Completely different feel from Riversedge or the others in that immediate area. This campground is up the hill from the strip about a 1/2 mile. Just far enough to be nice and quiet.

https://pinemountainrvpark.com/

Here are some pics of our site from a couple of years ago.
20160805_113238.jpg

20160805_113306.jpg

j

I too would be interested in a Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge DisMeet.. Close to home and an easy drive with the camper. We usually pull the camper to Pigeon Forge twice a year for the big car shows in April and Sept. The National Park is beautiful in the fall, however, Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge can be quite crowded. I am familiar with some of the campgrounds in Pigeon Forge, but not familiar with any in and around Gatlinburg. The amazing amount of things to do in this area would make it a great place for a DisMeet *

I too would be interested in a Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge DisMeet.. Close to home and an easy drive with the camper. We usually pull the camper to Pigeon Forge twice a year for the big car shows in April and Sept. The National Park is beautiful in the fall, however, Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge can be quite crowded. I am familiar with some of the campgrounds in Pigeon Forge, but not familiar with any in and around Gatlinburg. The amazing amount of things to do in this area would make it a great place for a DisMeet *

Any input on campgrounds in pigeon forge area? Just looking for input.

I found a place in Pigeon Forge that was really nice. Pine Mountain RV Park. Open paved sites. Nice creek to back up to. Completely different feel from Riversedge or the others in that immediate area. This campground is up the hill from the strip about a 1/2 mile. Just far enough to be nice and quiet.

https://pinemountainrvpark.com/

That Pine Mountain RV Park that Jim posted looks nice

Any input on campgrounds in pigeon forge area? Just looking for input.
I have camped at Pine Mountain RV that has been mentioned. It is very nice and located close to the parkway. It has a pool and you can also use the indoor pool at the motel across the street. You can also see the Dollywood fireworks at night. For the car show trips in April and Sept. we always stay at Riverbend. The sites are a little close and it doesn't have a pool. We like it because of the location, close to the parkway, and because it has sites on the river. I love to get a site on the river and sit outside and watch the wildlife. One day I saw a bald eagle fly by! I have driven through Riversedge and it didn't appeal to me. It felt congested. There is also a KOA. I have driven by that one and also thought that one seemed a little congested.

I did walk over to Riverbend, it looked nice. I like their location as it's right near end of parkway in Pigeon Forge, thus means you can avoid the 400 traffic lights if heading toward Gatlinburg or the park.

I am wondering if it would be possible to get a CG with that many available sites. Best chance would be to come in on Sun and out Fri. That is how we got our reservations last few times staying there.

I did walk over to Riverbend, it looked nice. I like their location as it's right near end of parkway in Pigeon Forge, thus means you can avoid the 400 traffic lights if heading toward Gatlinburg or the park.
Riverbend Campground is actually on the north end of Pigeon Forge on Henderson Chapel Road where the Music Road Hotels are located. You would have to go through the 400 traffic lights lol. I know the campground you are talking about on the end of Pigeon Forge right before you head toward Gatlinburg. I think that might be Rivers Landing??? but not sure.

We stayed at Up the Creek. It is small with no amenities but it was nice. We would definitely stay there again.

Riverbend Campground is actually on the north end of Pigeon Forge on Henderson Chapel Road where the Music Road Hotels are located. You would have to go through the 400 traffic lights lol. I know the campground you are talking about on the end of Pigeon Forge right before you head toward Gatlinburg. I think that might be Rivers Landing??? but not sure.

Yep, that's it. Sorry. It is right next to Riversedge.

IMAG0129.jpg

Last edited:
We stayed at Up the Creek. It is small with no amenities but it was nice. We would definitely stay there again.
I would be concerned about not having amenities. There are a few that might attend that would need them. Anyone with experience at Clabough's campgroung in Pigeon Forge?

I would be concerned about not having amenities. There are a few that might attend that would need them. Anyone with experience at Clabough's campgroung in Pigeon Forge?

There are also campgrounds in Sieverville, just up the road.

There are also campgrounds in Sieverville, just up the road.

This regrettably means more traffic lights it you are wanting to go to Gatlinburg or the park. Pigeon Forge and Sieverville are well known for them. July 2017 it took FOREVER to get from Sievierville to the end of Pigeon Forge where Riversedge is located. I would recommend shooting for no further than Wears Valley Road.

Aaaaaaaaahh! No! No big rigs on the Dragon! I've seen the videos - not pretty. (That said, the Dragon was a lot of fun with our vintage Z-3. Five times.)

This regrettably means more traffic lights it you are wanting to go to Gatlinburg or the park. Pigeon Forge and Sieverville are well known for them. July 2017 it took FOREVER to get from Sievierville to the end of Pigeon Forge where Riversedge is located. I would recommend shooting for no further than Wears Valley Road.

See here where I live we are spoiled. There is only 1 traffic light in the entire county. So I would not like a sea of traffic lights to contend with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!