Is this a good rental rate???

tinkrbells

Faith, trust, & a little Pixie Dust
We are travelling from Indiana to Disney in December for Christmas. We have decided on renting a car, instead of driving one of our vehicles so we do not put so many miles on them.

I called our local Enterprise and got a rate of $411 for a week, unlimited miles in a premium class. My husband found a card in his wallet, which gives us a free upgrade. So Enterprise is giving us a minivan for a week @ $411.

My cousin called from Florida (hoping we would fly), because she is getting married while we are down there. She needs to get her 2 young sons down there and was going to have to fly roundtrip twice, plus 2 round trip tickets for the boys...$$$$$!

So, I offered to bring them down and back, if she would kick in $250 for the rental (plus pain & suffering, boys are 5 & 7). She readily agreed.

Is this a good rental rate? We do not rent often. Normally we drive. When we fly, Tiffany Towncar picks us up, or a family member, who has an extra vehicle we can drive.

tinkrbells:cool:

I'm not really sure about the market in Indiana, but $411 doesn't sound like a good weekly rate to me. It gets better when the other person is picking up $250.

$411 per week works out to $58.70 per day. This is not outrageous for a minivan but not a great rate. Did you shop around the other rental car places? It is always best to comparison shop.

Peggy

here in Muncie (I called this morning), I got a pretty good deal. Here is the reason: We only have 2 rental companies here in Muncie, even though we are a pretty good sized town (Ball State is here). I could get a better rate, if I wanted to pick up in Indianapolis, but on Christmas Eve, that will be too inconvenient.

Also, if I didn't need unlimited miles, the rate would have dropped tremendously. I also called about renting a car in Orlando, if we flew down instead. I called several companies. I got a higher rate for 4 days, than I did for the entire week of driving from Indiana to Florida and back. Most companies down there, didn't have any availability as well.

So I will consider myself lucky, that in the end, I am paying $411-250=$160, plus gas.;)

In that case, it sounds like you did great! Have a wonderful trip.

Peggy

That my husband gets a good discount thru National, since he is a GM employee. So we got a weekly rental rate on a minivan, with unlimited miles for $252!!

tinkrbells:p

Hi tinkrbells- I just read a post on the Budget boards, Dollar has a special for minivans @ 199.00 per week. Using code ( card ) Go online at www.dollarcar.com and try to get the rate for yourself.

We looked into renting from Enterprise. They asked where we would be going & when I said Florida - they said that we could not drive their cars that far (we are from Minnesota). They said that each Enterprise is individually owned & if something happened to the car - they would have to have someone drive a new one down to us!! I would check with the Enterprise you will be renting from to see if that is their policy also!!

Zurgswife...she still pays $250. I am figuring in the "pain & suffering"...that my husband will be doing, because we are dragging along 2 x-tra kids, 1100 miles.

Grandma...I am now renting thru National, they are the ones with the $252 rental rate.

Mark & Sandra...there isn't a Dollar Car here. Plus, I prefer to go with car rental places I am familiar with. I am not out any $$$, sie my cousin is giving me the $250 to bring her boys down. So gas $$$ is it!!! On top of that, we are DVC members, so our reservation is on points and passes are all that is left to buy, other than food!

Thanks!
tinkrbells;)

Originally posted by tinkrbells
That my husband gets a good discount thru National, since he is a GM employee. So we got a weekly rental rate on a minivan, with unlimited miles for $252!!

tinkrbells:p

Now that's a good deal!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter