Is this a ridiculous question?

sandymac

Earning My Ears
My 1 year son has a milk allergy. All the PS I have made so far have been very accomadating to his allergy. However, I want to take my kids to the ice cream social. Obviously ice cream is a big no-no for my son. Do you think it is possible that they would have a soy ice cream? I think my girls would really enjoy this, but I don't want to my son to sit thre and not be able to eat anything.

I don't know for sure, but I think they will work with you. I know they have sugar free options.

I would call WDW dining and have them transfer you to the Garden Grille. I know if you give them enough notice, they will work something out for you.

;) :D,
Katie

Doesn't hurt to call and ask! Disney is THE BEST about accomodating dietary needs... I am SURE you are not the first to ask. =)

Since milk allergies are not that uncommon, I'll bet they will offer some alternative. Please post here after you call, others may benefit from the info.

:sunny:

Sandymac, does your son have Celiac Disease? Mine did and he is now a strapping 6 ft 5. Back then it was a rare condition and I had to do trial and error to find things he could eat.

I found that he could handle yogurt and frozen yogurt but not regular ice cream. Yogurt has bacteria in it- acidophylous (spelled wrong, been a long time, that helps it be digested. You used to be able to buy it in pills and liquid form to add to certain foods.

Since his only dessert, up until that time, was Jello flavored Cool Whip he was a happy camper when I found that out.

I am sure that you will be able to find foods and treats for your little guy.

Best wishes, SG/Linda

It is NOT a ridiculous question at all!!!! We had a WONDERFUL experience at the Ice Cream social with my daughter that has a milk allergy. They made her sundae with Rice Dream. The chef came out beforehand just to confirm what she could and could not have....and than personally hand delivered her sundae to our table! It was so nice and made her feel very special, as opposed to 'different.' Just make shure to note the food allergy on your PS, they will give you a number to call directly the day beforehand to confirm with the chef. Our experience at every restaurant in WDw has been wonderful with food allergies.

I will be there next week with my 4 year old son who has a milk and nut allergy. I spoke with Sharon at Epcot Food and Beverage service (407-560-7483). She could not have been nicer. There is both Rice Dream and Tofutti available to them, she asked me which he would prefer. They use Nestle's Chocolate Syrup. She also told me that the Liberty Inn at World Showcase keeps both in their freezer. The dairy-free ice creams are also available at Magic Kingdom at the Plaza ice cream parlor, you just need to ask for a manager.

Thank you all very much - I did make the PS for the ice cream social and the CM told me she was sure that they have alternatives.

slightlygoofy, my son has a milk allergy so he can't have any type of dairy product, including yogurt.

Thanks for posting. I was wondering myself. My two kids have a milk protein intolerance. Now just have to call back on those PS made last week.

Hello all, :wave:

I'm a mother of two boys with severe milk, eggs and peanut allergies. I see that the ice cream social is at the restaurant of Garden Grill at the Epcot. My boys would love to feel like just like everybody else and may go to this one!

I have a few questions for the people whose been there at the Gaden Grill. Is this a character dining? What times? Everyday? And is it strictly ice cream social? Anything else special going on?

I did mark this restaurant down for a lunch visit when we go to, (but I didn't realize the ice cream social was held here too). Perhaps now I can switch to another rest for lunch and save Garden Grill for the ice cream social????

I checked out Garden Grill at the Disneyworld.com website but didn't see any ice cream social info.

My 8 year old loves all Toffuti products and Soy Delicious ice creams. He never liked Rice Dream.

Thanks for any inputs....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter