Is this supposed to be a DVC 'benefit'?

Pluto777

DIS Veteran
I Just heard about the Magic Kingdom Fireworks Cruise. It actually sounds lovely, and is listed as a "DVC owner benefit". Well, I am a soon to be official owner (hooray!) and am excited about theperks (although I bought thru resale and I heard that a lot of the old resale perks have now been cut. In any event, the Cruise is $85 PER PERSON. When you have a large family (6 or more), you are talking some real $$$ for short cruise are you not? Am I missing something here or are there some 'perks' for us brand new resale owners in 2017?

Post 4/4 Resale owners get no membership benefits.

You do get access to TOTWL, DVD rentals, and board games.

If you are resell you can't take part in member events from my understanding and this would be a member event.

How much does that cost and what about alligators? : (

Alligators won't be an issue because you won't be in the water. If it is is during fireworks it is 299 for an hour as the starting price. Not during fireworks and what I assume is with no driver it is 45 for a half hour.

Pontoon boats can be rented at night to watch fireworks. You must have a Disney-supplied captain for the boat. They are expensive. Say $450 or so.

However, you can also rent pontoon boats in the daytime. You can drive them yourself. They cost about $75 per hour, and will fit 8 people or more.

You can get them at VGF, Poly, Contemporary, and Wilderness Lodge.

However, you can also rent pontoon boats in the daytime. You can drive them yourself. They cost about $75 per hour, and will fit 8 people or more.

We rented a 24 foot pontoon that listed seating capacity of 10 or 12, and cost us, IIRC, $63 with the DVC discount for an hour. We picked it up at the Contemporary. They had 6 or 7 of them there ready to go when we went on a weekday. An hour was enough for us to see Bay Lake twice, and for a trip over to 7 Seas Lagoon with a cruise-by of the MK, GF, and Poly before returning to Bay Lake. We enjoyed it, except for the trip over the water bridge between the Lake and Lagoon. The ferry boats going to the campgrounds and WL are so wide they take up most of the bridge channel (leaving no room for our pontoon), and you need to time your crossing to avoid them because they won't yield right of way.

Over $500 for a 'cruise' on a lake for your family. Enjoy your huge resale discount, and your $500 saved and leave them to their 'member benefits'.

Many of the member benefits are smoke and mirrors used for marketing direct buyers. Some are limited, some require payment. IMO most of the perks requiring payment can be had cheaper if not booked through DVC.

:earsboy: Bill

The "benefit" here is that you need not mix with lesser beings, like normal park visitors or resale buyers.
:cool1:

In all seriousness, it's an attempt to create "exclusivity" to support the club branding.
The "lesser beings" HAHAHA!! You REALLY made me laugh from that! +1 for you from a 'lesser being' :thanks:

Thanks for the info and the humor, I'm new on this board and you folks are great! So what specifically are the 'perks' that I will be missing by buying my resale after the '2016' cut off? IMO a discount does NOT equal a free ride as long as your being asked to pay something - just my 2 cents. As long as I still get to use my points to stay at a resort the same as the 'greater beings' I don't see why I would want to pay 50% or more for the same resort points, unless it is something of extraordinary value

based on what I've read, the only real negative to being a 'lesser being' is the loss of the discount on the AP pass and the dining discount, am I missing something? Do you guys get a special handshake or tote bag that the low class like myself miss? :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts