Is Universal really building a 4th park?

G8r4evr

DIS Veteran
Or is that just a rumor? I read that the site is supposed to be best the Convention center...isn't that too far for a 4th gate?

The reason no one replied to this post yet is because there is no answer. Uni bought property over there, and that is all anyone knows. So yes, it is all just a rumor.

The reason no one replied to this post yet is because there is no answer. Uni bought property over there, and that is all anyone knows. So yes, it is all just a rumor.
Yup...the only people who know for sure aren't saying.

Thanks! So is it safe to say they don't have enough room to build a 4th park next to the current 3?

I'll see if I can find the article I read a while back (I think it was in the Orlando Business Journal) , but from what I recall the key hang up is transportation.

From what I remember is that even though they have all that land now, they don't have a good solution on transportation from the resorts to it. I believe they applied to the city to try and build a dedicated rail transport, but were turned down.

No sense in building a 4th gate if you can't get people to it easily.

I'll see if I can find the article I read.

I'll see if I can find the article I read a while back (I think it was in the Orlando Business Journal) , but from what I recall the key hang up is transportation.

From what I remember is that even though they have all that land now, they don't have a good solution on transportation from the resorts to it. I believe they applied to the city to try and build a dedicated rail transport, but were turned down.

I'm guessing that means there is no more room near the current parks.

Too bad they were turned down for a dedicated rail system...that would be awesome.

I'd love to see them build a fleet of purple Knight busses with windows that show scenes similar to those in the Hogwarts Express. I have no idea if this is practical, of course.

I'd love to see them build a fleet of purple Knight busses with windows that show scenes similar to those in the Hogwarts Express. I have no idea if this is practical, of course.

Practical? Doubtful. But I love the idea!

Wow I didn't know they were turned down. I was holding out hope that they would do something cool like a monorail but I guess it's just going to be busses :sad:

AFAIK that's just a rumor that they even applied, I do know there are easement agreements along the median of universal blvd that could be used for such a thing, but it's very complicated from what I could tell. It may still yet happen, but it won't be for a while.

What about the Wet 'n' Wild property? Or is that what we're talking about? Forgive me, if that's the case.

At least they have some parking there, but there still would be the issue of transportation if people wanted to go to other parks, or their hotels. Which would result in buses.

What about the Wet 'n' Wild property? Or is that what we're talking about? Forgive me, if that's the case.

At least they have some parking there, but there still would be the issue of transportation if people wanted to go to other parks, or their hotels. Which would result in buses.
That's in another thread somewhere on here. Supposed to be two hotels with a total of around 4K rooms.

That's in another thread somewhere on here. Supposed to be two hotels with a total of around 4K rooms.

Or one Hogwarts with that many rooms. That would motivate people to spending hundreds of dollars on one room. However, I can see why that wouldn't work, as there is already a "Hogwarts".

Apparently two more values. I would think with a mini citywalk.

Yup. And they are supposedly moving some of the administrative offices over there as well.

And there's more hotels to come. They have talked about adding 10,000 rooms to the current total. So adding those 4K to Aventura, there's still more to come.

Where are the admin offices now? If they move will that free up more space in the current parks for attractions?

Where are the admin offices now? If they move will that free up more space in the current parks for attractions?
Kind of wedged in on the off side of City Walk ... where the VIP tour meeting place and offices are. It's not a huge area but if those buildings were gone it would open up space for the new Nintendo land to spread out towards City Walk a little.

I think that'd be a great addition for transporation between the property areas, but probably not the virtual windows. Not sure how practical that would be. But having buses themed to the Knight Bus would be cool. Maybe even have tehm be double deckers and could use forced perspective to make it seem like a third floor was there too. Not sure a true triple decker woudl work and probably get too tall.

As for the location, I don't think it's too far and inaccessible to utilize. It is much closer to their current resort than the Disney Parks are to each other. Just need to ahve a good central spot built for a transportation/bus hub at their main resort that can transport guests over to the new area. The new area is too large a space to not eventually utilize for a fourth gate and more hotels. They have a total of 475 acres there which is near the ~540 acre area of the current Universal Orlando Resort. This nearly double their space. So coule easily add two more parks, another City Walk type space and multiple hotels. Plus with all the properties they have now and others that they haven't utilized fully they could use more psace to build some new lands. Could build another park with different Dreamworks lands that are immersive instead of stand alone attractions, like a Far Far Away land similar to Singapore or Berk, Kung Fu Panda area, etc. Do mroe with Nintendo. It seems their current plans focus mostly on Mario and Donkey Kong. Could build new lands though that include Hyrule or a sci-fi area that include Metroid on its own or in adddtion to other sci-fi/space attractions. Got their Dark Universe that they coudl make a monster themed land for. And plenty of other IPs. Would be ridiculous to think they woudln't eventually build more stuff there when they have the land just because they have a few miles to get people across. Espcially when there isn't a ton of expansion areas left in the current parks without removing other stuff.

I like the idea of all the parks being so close together. The new park would be so far away and it would parkhopping rather difficult. I don't think they will need a 4th park for a while. The current parks could use a bit more work in some areas but that is just me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!