ISO: Unique photo ideas for round-the-world Disney parks trip

The Expert

Has been to every Disney park in the world
Hey all! New to this board but not to the DIS or photography. My husband and I are doing an around-the-world trip in May for our 25th anniversary and we're visiting ALL the Disney parks in about 16 days (extra days in HK, Paris and Orlando). We've been to them all before, so we aren't trying to cram in everything at every park in this trip, but we do have time to enjoy our favorites at each one.

We're looking for an iconic picture or selfie we can replicate at each park, but we don't want the same cliche castle/icon pic everyone else will take. There isn't one ride or attraction that exists at every park, so that's out. I thought about tying together themes, like all the SEA (Society of Explorers and Adventurers) attractions, but even that doesn't exist everywhere unless I stretch the definition in a few spots.

I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas!

I like the theme idea. Admittedly, the one set of pics I have like this are all in the same location (over a space of 10+ years) showing my girls growing up. I would definitely take on set dealing with the castle as background. Yes, it's cliche but it is an icon unto itself per city.

What says "disney magic" to you? Food is one possibility but very limited in scope. Lights street photos, queues, buildings; the list could get really long. I think you also have to take into account perspective and make sure you match focal length, FOV, and such if you are going to created similar set of exposures.

A bit pedestrian, but how about a picture of you at the entrance turnstiles of each park? Of course you would need to have the park name in the picture as well.

Thanks @KVH and @OKW Lover -- this is definitely helping me narrow my focus. And yes, we'll take the cliche castle/icon/entrance sign photos regardless, of course! Turnstiles could be fun, maybe with a park map to show location??

Adding a thought - at the "magic kingdom" locations how about a picture at the railroad tunnel just before it opens onto "main street"?

Explanations:
  • magic kingdom refers generically to the equivalent park similar to WDW and the original DL park. Its not always officially referred to as the magic kingdom. Also, this wouldn't apply to the other parks like Epcot, DHS, DAK, DCA, Disney Studios (Paris), Tokyo Disney Seas.
  • railroad tunnel refers to the two entrances on either side of the parks where the train would go overhead if there was a train (AKA, Hong Kong and Shanghai don't have a train) but serves as a gateway to the park.
  • main street refers to the street you enter once you are in the parks. Its not always called Main Street though.

Adding a thought - at the "magic kingdom" locations how about a picture at the railroad tunnel just before it opens onto "main street"?

Totally get where you mean -- where you go "on stage" so to speak. I like this!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!