Issues booking dining

lynnzrae

Mouseketeer
Sorry if this isn't the right board for this...

Yesterday was our 180 day mark that allowed us to book our dining. WDW policy is you can book dining at 180 days from your first day of your trip up to 10 days out. Our trip is 9/11-9/18 so we were allowed to book our entire trip starting yesterday. Mom and I had a slumber party and were up and at 'em with coffee in hand at 6am ready to book our dining. We were able to book 9/11 but the remaining days we kept getting error messages (9/12-9/18). We ended up having to call to book the rest of our reservations for 9/12-9/18. We brought this up to dining and had several conversations with the internet help desk with now answer or solution. I called today to follow up because although we are good on our dining, I am now worried about it impacting our ability to make our FP+ reservations so I want the problem resolved. The lady at the internet help desk that I talked to this morning told me that we, online, are able to book 180 days out but the rest of our trip, although we are qualified to do book them, has to be done over the phone with dining. I am having a hard time believing it because why wouldn't anyone b/w dining and the help desk yesterday, tell us that? Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone know if that is actually the policy?

My understanding is that you can book 180 days from the first day of your trip, for the whole trip, if you are staying on site...and if you are staying off site you can book at 180 days, one day at a time. I've not had issues booking for the whole trip at 180 days from the first day, we have always stayed on site.

My understanding is that you can book 180 days from the first day of your trip, for the whole trip, if you are staying on site...and if you are staying off site you can book at 180 days, one day at a time. I've not had issues booking for the whole trip at 180 days from the first day, we have always stayed on site.
Did you cal to make your dining reservations or book them all online? We couldn’t do it online but could if we called. (We are staying on site )

As long as your resort reservation is linked in My Disney Experience, you should have been able to do everything online. On Sunday, I booked all our ADRs for our trip starting 9/7. HOWEVER, I had the refresh the page at 6 a.m. in order for my remaining trip dates to open up. I've also read that people have had to sign out/sign back in for it to work. Did you try those things? If not, try that when you book FPs - you should be fine.

As long as your resort reservation is linked in My Disney Experience, you should have been able to do everything online. On Sunday, I booked all our ADRs for our trip starting 9/7. HOWEVER, I had the refresh the page at 6 a.m. in order for my remaining trip dates to open up. I've also read that people have had to sign out/sign back in for it to work. Did you try those things? If not, try that when you book FPs - you should be fine.
We tried it all. Different internet browsers, signing in and out. Updating our browsers. Trying the mobile app, the list goes on ...

We did too. I guess I was wondering if it may be changed. If you find out any more information will you share on this thread? I will do the same.

Are you booked at the Swan or Dolphin? Those two hotels get 180 ADRs but not the +10 since they are not owned by Disney.

How big is your party? I found that at Narcoose's I had to call because we had 9 people in our party and they only take reservations for up to 4 people online. Not sure where you are going but maybe it could be the party size. We were fine getting reservations elsewhere online with no issues regarding party size.

When the booking window opened for our ADR’s, I was able to make 1 reservation without a problem on line. However, I didn’t get any further than that. The calendar wasn’t coming up, couldn’t click on a the correct day. So I ended up making rest of ADR’s via phone. When making FP, I also had problem. Olaf kept popping up saying “oops!” Had to keep signing in & out. I was able to complete FP but it wasn’t easy. Especially getting the hard to get ones. I did mention this to MS but I don’t know what good it will do. They didn’t seem surprised.

Maybe they were having server issues that day. I'm not sure how busy that weekend is for disney but at certain peak periods when everyone is online trying to book the same thing it can overload the servers causing issues. Maybe this is the case every day at that time since that's when ADR's magically open for lots of different people. Unfortunately if that is the case disney should be upgrading there system but not every company places IT servers as a priority.

I was able to book all of my reservations at the 180-day mark (+8). I did have trouble doing it on my computer (kept giving me an error). However, it worked on my iPad.

Did you book through an agency exclusive travel agent? I had this same issue when i booked through this agent. I’m booked again in November with this agent. It never affected my FP.

Site might have been having issues that day - what a bummer! I have had times where everything that was easily done online and once where I had to call for a couple (CRT). I usually have dueling computers, ipad and iphone so that if the website is buggy, maybe the app is working. Upside here is that I can also be booking multiple things simultaneously.

Sorry if this isn't the right board for this...

I am now worried about it impacting our ability to make our FP+ reservations so I want the problem resolved.

I've found the Disney website to be among the more buggy websites I use, as I get a lot of 404 errors even when clicking on links on their home page. So I had similar concerns about FP+ reservations for our last trip. What we did was use the website on a laptop as our primary method, but my wife and I had our phones on with the Disney app, and were logged in there also to the same account just in case one of our phones had trouble too (it allows multiple simultaneous logins, apparently). The app usually still works when the website doesn't. It's not as fast to use the app, but it's certainly better than nothing! If you're really paranoid, have one phone connecting to your WIFI, and one using your cell phone data with WIFI off. When it comes to getting Avatar FoP and 7 Dwarfs I'm really paranoid. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts