Issues with Disney website and MDE

Donald Duck888

DIS Veteran
Tried to see if there was any info on this but did not find much so i figured I would start a thread to see if anyone else is having or has had these same issues. Not sure if this is right place but figured since reservations were involved perhaps it is?

So i went to add my Dolphin reservation on the website last night and for some reason it only let me add my 12yr old daughters name but keeps not recognizing mine. when i sign in and go to My Plans i also see this,
"We cannot display your Family & Friends details right now. You can still add or modify other plans."

I have since cancelled that reservation through Marriott and made a new one as i thought it might be on that end since i had made changes to it but I am hesitant to try to add the new one i made after cancelling the old one.

I also was going to try to do it through MDE app but for some reason that seems really messed up. when i first went on to it it had my old reservation for first part of trip at BWI (we are doing a split stay with Dolphin as 2nd part) and had not updated to the Beach Club that i had changed that to a week or so ago (that did change on website though). whenever i tried to refresh the app by pull-down it just kept crashing my iPhone out to the home-screen. So then i tried uninstalling the MDE app and reinstalling it and it now has nothing at all of my plans on it, they are all gone dining as well as reservations. whenever i try to refresh it it does the same shutdown to home-screen thing.

Kind of frustrated. Trip is not for a while thankfully but still would like to get things sorted out. I was just wondering if anyone has heard of recent issues or if anyone else has dealt with similar ones and figured out a fix. I have a feeling it is that i updated to the latest IOS about a week back and there is some issue with IOS and MDE but that doesnt explain the website issues.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Just an update. It looks like they have gotten the website and mobile app straitened out. As of this morning the mobile app is working fine again and the website no longer has the message saying it cant find my friends and family and the one it could not find was me.
Just figured i would post what ended up happening in case others have a similar issue and come across this thread.

I'm glad it worked out for you!

I don't have any experience with Dolphin, but have stayed at Shades of Green several times. What I've found is MDE doesn't always play nice with non-Disney hotels. Sometimes it corrects itself, other times I have to call Disney IT to fix issues (especially occurs for me if I modify my original reservation by adding or subtracting a day - that usually doesn't correct itself and the reservation subsequently keeps falling off).

A few weeks ago when I went to order magic bands I realized that my name was listed twice but not my husband. I went to the actual dvc reservation page and he was shown there. but it didn’t transfer to the MDE app. His name also didn’t show for his ticket...mine did twice. On MDE I simply transferred my ‘second’ ticket to him. I sent an email to CS and within a couple days it was straightened out On the room reservation so I could get him a magic band. When we get to DW I will have the concierge his band to make sure the room, tickets, and fast passes are loaded. I have access to the MDE app snd it’s under my name but his name Is listed so not sure what happened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts