It’s Disney, Four Hours of Sleep is Normal! Mother Daughter 2018 F&W TR! (Updated 9/22!)

Fun morning! Can't wait to hear about the regional lunch--we didn't do any of those events but I like reading about them :)

Wow, sure does sound like a super crowded party! I'm sorry you didn't get to do as much as you wanted. All your PP pics came out great though!!

Sounds like a really nice morning in Epcot!

Fun morning! Can't wait to hear about the regional lunch--we didn't do any of those events but I like reading about them :)

Haha, I'll be posting about the event hopefully tonight! It was great, the food was amazing, and the wines were not only fantastic, but free flowing!

Wow, sure does sound like a super crowded party! I'm sorry you didn't get to do as much as you wanted. All your PP pics came out great though!!

Yeah, I mean, I had read all the reports leading up to our party about how crowded they were this year, so I should have expected it! We did get some good PP pictures, and I'm obsessed with the headless horseman one, that one is so cool!

Sounds like a really nice morning in Epcot!

Yeah, we love the lazy breakfast at France. Even with there being more people there this year, it was still so calm back there and you can get some great pictures with no one in them!

Doing a mother/daughter trip next in Jan. for my daughters graduation. This is the first time I have gone as a party of 2 so we are throwing in a lot of extras. Extra magic morning at Toystory Land, Fantasmic VIP dessert experience, and Disney After Hours! We were going to go in May because it is closer to graduation but her school offered a trip that was cheaper and includes an educational tour that she will definitively get to attend. Only a limited number of adults can go so I am crossing my fingers that I get to go as well. :yay: I am enjoying reading your mother daughter trip.:thanks:

Your review of the Halloween party definitely has me questioning doing it next year. I'm almost wondering if DH and I should just do the morning and afternoon of the party and just chill at the hotel after!

Doing a mother/daughter trip next in Jan. for my daughters graduation. This is the first time I have gone as a party of 2 so we are throwing in a lot of extras. Extra magic morning at Toystory Land, Fantasmic VIP dessert experience, and Disney After Hours! We were going to go in May because it is closer to graduation but her school offered a trip that was cheaper and includes an educational tour that she will definitively get to attend. Only a limited number of adults can go so I am crossing my fingers that I get to go as well. :yay: I am enjoying reading your mother daughter trip.:thanks:

Ohhh, that sounds like a great trip you have planned! What is the Fantasmic VIP dessert experience? I haven't heard of that yet and am intrigued!

That's awesome you're going for her graduation, what fantastic memories! Hope you get to go to the trip in May!

Your review of the Halloween party definitely has me questioning doing it next year. I'm almost wondering if DH and I should just do the morning and afternoon of the party and just chill at the hotel after!

Yeah, I'm on the fence for next year, although my mom is a hard no for now. I keep hoping Disney will fix the crowd issues after all the complaints this year! The past few years it was so different, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed this year was a fluke and next year will be lower crowds again. Guess we'll see when the first few parties start what next year will be like!

Day 4, Part 2: Italian Regional Luncheon!

We last left off at the start of the luncheon. The hostess let us to our table, and we were seating at a tall top directly in front of the bar which was set for just my mom and I. We were a bit surprised since in previous years F&W events they group people together at tables, which was kind of nice since you got to converse with a bunch of new people. Not that it was horrible just conversing with my mom, she’s great, but it was just a surprise to be all by ourselves!

Our view during the event. Also odd, they sat my mom and I next to each other rather than across the table, which was good for viewing Laura while she explained our view, but odd for talking with her throughout the event!

Prior to the event starting the sommelier, Laura, stopped by and we ended up chatting with her for a while about Italian wines and the areas in Italy we’ve visted and what we’ve liked from there. She was so great to chat with, very knowledgeable about Italian wines!

Eventually the manager of Tutto Gusto came out to make the introductions and start the event!

The first wine was a prosecco. Laura had a short discussion about it, while the wait staff brought out the first dish of the day. Our first dish as a dried cured beef with arugula and pink grapefruit.

The presentation was a bit odd, but it was delicious! The prosecco was fantastic, nice and light, and even better, once you finished your glass they came around to pour more!

We did find it a bit odd that while Laura talked about the drinks, there was no mention of the food! We have done the Tequila lunch the past two years, and there they discuss both the tequila and the food it’s paired with, so we found it odd that there was no mention of the food here!

The second dish as a risotto with rock shrimp, tomato, almond and picoline powder. This was paired with Sursur Dinnafugata. This was my favorite pairing of the lunch. The risotto was perfect, best I’ve ever had, and the wine pairing worked well.

The next dish as a skate fish with lemon caper sauce. This was paired with soave classico superiore pieropan. This was also good, but didn’t compare with the risotto.

The fourth dish of the pairing was a duck breast with butternut squash gnocchi and pomegranate sauce. This was paired with Valpolicella allegrini. This was my second favorite dish. The pomegranate sauce was SO good!

Hi Mom!

The final dish of the pairing was an espresso panna cotta with grappa sauce which was paired with a Moscato. This was a perfect dessert, so rich and just delicious!

This was such a great event, the food and wine pairings were perfect, and we loved how they would come around and refill our glasses with the wines throughout the event. Definitely worth the money, however we did leave a bit tipsy!

I think it was probably due to the amount of wine we drank, but after we left we realized we could fit some more food in! We were getting tired too, so decided to make our way over to IG and stop at whatever booth caught our eye on the way out.

Our first stop was Japan where I got the teriyaki chicken bun. I had read fantastic reviews about this and was excited to try!

It was good, but a bit too doughy for me. If it had been more filling I think I would have loved it, but I just found it to be ok.

As we made our way over to IG, I decided now was as good a time as any to pop over to the UK and the Ireland booth to get that Guinness baileys shake. I was worried they would run out of the souvenir glasses, so wanted to make sure we’d get one earlier in the trip.

This was amazing. So ridiculously good. Since we couldn’t bring it out of the park, we made our way to the gardens of the UK to sit and enjoy the shade and low crowds back there while finishing the drink.

Once I finished up the drink, we made our way back to the BC for a much needed nap!

Next Up: Disney Springs for the first time!

Last edited:
That lunch looked so fun! I'm a bit of a lightweight when it comes to drinking, so I think I'd be tipsy after the second course.

I love that Ireland glass and that Guinness Bailey's shake sounds so delicious! I guess I wasn't aware you couldn't take a drink outside the park.

That lunch looked so fun! I'm a bit of a lightweight when it comes to drinking, so I think I'd be tipsy after the second course.

It was such an awesome lunch! I was so surprised that they were letting us getting extra pours of all the wines, but it was a nice plus. Although, yes, we did end up leaving tipsy! Good thing it was a short walk back to the BC!

I love that Ireland glass and that Guinness Bailey's shake sounds so delicious! I guess I wasn't aware you couldn't take a drink outside the park.

Isn't it cute? I brought it home...and have no idea what to do with it! Haha! And yeah, I never really understood how you can carry drinks around the boardwalk area and over by the YC and BC, but you can't leave Epcot with a drink (and enter the same area that allows them?). I guess some weird liquor law!

Day 4, Part 3: Disney Springs for the First Time!

After a nice nap, we got up and got ready for our evening adventure! We were heading to Disney Springs for the first time since it became Disney Springs! I have always loved the marketplace, but I love shopping, so that’s no surprise. We had reservations at Enzo’s Hideaway and were excited to check it out!

I called for a Minnie van, and we made our way downstairs to wait for our car. While waiting we noticed the sky was getting super dark, and we debated if we should run back up to the room to get our ponchos. We decided against it, and soon our Minnie van arrived!

We piled into our car and were off! Almost immediately upon getting into the car, the sky opened up! We were a bit worried we made a bad decision not to bring the ponchos, but kept our fingers crossed it would be a quick passing shower.

It rained the entire way over, but just as we were pulling into the drop off area, it stopped! We were having the most amazing luck with rain this trip…well…actually we’ve had amazing luck with rain now for our last four or five trips!

We hopped out the car and made our way into Disney Springs. Our plan was to wander around a bit before dinner to check out everything new. Well, once we got out of the Minnie van, my mom mentioned to me that she was not feeling too good, and really felt kind of awful. It seems she had either picked up a stomach bug or had ate something that did not agree with her. So instead of exploring the new area, we made our way over to a bathroom where she could, um, take care of things.

Now my mom is a trooper, and refused to head back to the room, so we made our way over to Enzo’s to see if we could be seated about an hour early. Fortunately they had plenty of space and soon we were seated for dinner.

Since she still wasn’t feeling great, she opted to just order ginger ale and no food. I was amazingly pretty hungry even after all the food earlier in the day, so I ordered the chicken dish and got a glass of red wine.

Dinner came out quickly, and was really good!

I also ended up ordering the pistachio gelato for dessert and a limoncello, because, well, it’s vacation.

This was soooo good!

After dinner, my mom started to feel a bit better, and wanted to explore a bit, so we headed out.

Next Up: What’s New in Downtown Disney?

Last edited:
Late to the party but all caught up. What a lovely time for both you and your mum. Great food, drinks and cocktails

It rained the entire way over, but just as we were pulling into the drop off area, it stopped! We were having the most amazing luck with rain this trip…well…actually we’ve had amazing luck with rain now for our last four or five trips!
Yay! That's awesome! :)

We hopped out the car and made our way into Disney Springs. Our plan was to wander around a bit before dinner to check out everything new. Well, once we got out of the Minnie van, my mom mentioned to me that she was not feeling too good, and really felt kind of awful. It seems she had either picked up a stomach bug or had ate something that did not agree with her. So instead of exploring the new area, we made our way over to a bathroom where she could, um, take care of things.
Aw, your poor mom! I'm glad she started feeling a little better later.

Glad to hear your mom was feeling better soon. That stinks when you don't feel well on vacation.

On my upcoming trip (11 days!!), I'll be solo the first day before my daughter and grandkids arrive. I'm planning on spending the day at Disney Springs. I don't have any adrs for that day, but I don't think I should have too much trouble getting a seat at the bar at most places. Maria and Enzo's is top of my list and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Your meal looked yummy and now I'm craving pistachio gelato!

Late to the party but all caught up. What a lovely time for both you and your mum. Great food, drinks and cocktails

:welcome: It was such a great trip, my mom is the best travel partner, and the food was awesome! Food and Wine is our favorite time of year

Yay! That's awesome! :)

Yeah, although we keep saying since we've had such good luck for so many trips in a row, our next one just has to be a washout! Still hasn't happened, but we expect it every trip!

Aw, your poor mom! I'm glad she started feeling a little better later.

Yeah, I felt so bad for her! She flat out refused to head back to the room to rest though! I did feel pretty guilty eating this delicious dinner in front of her while she just sipped on ginger ale! Just glad she started to feel better pretty quickly...I'm guessing she may have ate something that didn't agree with her or just all the gluttony of the past few days had caught up to her!

Glad to hear your mom was feeling better soon. That stinks when you don't feel well on vacation.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm so glad she started to feel better pretty fast. Still felt so bad for her!

On my upcoming trip (11 days!!), I'll be solo the first day before my daughter and grandkids arrive. I'm planning on spending the day at Disney Springs. I don't have any adrs for that day, but I don't think I should have too much trouble getting a seat at the bar at most places. Maria and Enzo's is top of my list and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Oh fun! I can't speak of any other restaurants there, but for Enzo's Hideaway you probably don't need an ADR. There were plenty of empty tables there the whole time we were in there.

Your meal looked yummy and now I'm craving pistachio gelato!

That gelato was AMAZING! I 100% recommend it if you end up at Enzo's!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter