It is time to electrify Tomorrow land Speedway!!!

DISengineer

DISengineer
It is called Tomorrow land Speedway, not 1960's speedway. I bet Tomorrow land Speedway is the major source of CO2 in out civilization. Cars are going electric, so can Disney. It would be pretty easy to redo the center rail so it becomes two flat conductors separated from each other. You could also mount the center rail on insulators and put a ground return conductor along with it on the ground. The system would be 24 VAC.

There is another option even more futuristic however. With the advances in battery technology It would not surprise me that with an overnight charge there may be enough power to carry a car through the day. Maybe the the low voltage track system I propose above would be used to maintain a charge on the batteries during the day. The batteries would be used just if a there was no contact with the center rail, such as if a breaker trips on a section of rail, or if it's needed to run the car off the track. Maybe the electrified track would not be present at the boarding area.

I know we all love the smell of burnt gasoline in the morning but maybe it's time to move on.

Battery technology is getting close but I don't think there is the energy density to carry a car all day around the track on an overnight charge yet. It could also be that only sections of the track charge the car. Since the cars are so low we can do inductive charging. In that case the center rail does not carry power. The rider just passes over the inductive chargers as they go around the track. It's already in use on some bus lines in Europe that use electric buses.

There was another thread with extensive discussion about battery powered vehicles. It is very doable with current technology. in the end a battery pack exchange system ( after 23 hours of run time) was the most practical.

If you have not driven an electric vehicle, the acceleration and regenerative braking can be quite intense deepening on how it is set, much more fun than the current gas and can be adjusted on the fly for different driving characteristics

I have always hated to even walk in the same area as the noise and incredible stench. I always think of The speedway as a DEtraction, not ATtraction.

I do know that youngsters love anything they can “drive“, but seriously, there has to be better technology. Yes, I have had my share of nausea-inducing rides with grandchildren and I cannot understand exposing staff to those fumes.

I read today Tel Aviv has started burying coils in roadways to charge electric cars and busses as they drive. The same could be done at Tomorrowland Speedway

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter