-It Takes People To Make The Dream A Reality- DCP Summer 2018 Highlights Trip Report! (COMPLETE 6/6!)

Hello my darling dear TR readers!

Been so so long since I've done a pre-update caption but I think this is important.

For those of you who use Flickr for photo sharing know that the site is now phasing out of free near unlimited space. A week after the New Year, you will only be able to have 1000 photos on the site in a free account. I've been using the site since my 2014 Graduation Trip TR which was already well over 1000 photos so I unfortunately will be in the process of taking down all the photos from my previous TRs. I will no longer be using Flickr all that much here on out but as for my past three TRs, the photos there will be going dark so if you would like to take a gander at those before such tragedy befalls them I highly suggest you do so prior to February 5th when they will start to delete photos to get my account down to the 1000 photo mark.

Again, this will not change anything in terms of the writing of this report, but I know some newer readers tend to go back and read my old TRs so I thought this was important info to be shared (and also if you're a Flickr user and weren't aware yet). My first two TRs from 2010 and 2011 will remain unchanged too as those photos were posted from Photobucket.

I'm not sure if I will go back and re-post the photos. I will have a lot of free time come the New Year because lmao I WILL BE GRADUATED FROM COLLEGE but we shall see. This is my plan for now.

And in case I don't update again in time for Christmas, wishing you all a happy holidays!

Now onto the update I'm sure you're getting extra ancy about. Enjoy!

Just Remember What Your Ole Pal Said...
6/21/18: DCP Summer Alumni Special Event Day!

I came rather early for meeting up for the Alumni event. I was by myself and kinda feeling downtrodden. No one around to distract me. Small World was cute, but even I couldn't look past my emotions to enjoy that stunning facade. I was alone and left with nothing but emotions so I just leaned up against the fence in that area that used to be where the swan boats or whatever they were used to be. Standing there for five minutes, Becky, the manager of the DLRCP, saw me and checked me off. I then spotted Julianna and Kaitlyn so I went to talk with them while we waited for everyone to show up. Unfortunately, Rachel, who at this point was very much not a friend, joined us so I had to sneak away. Luckily, my usually loud personality is weirdly good at blending in so I managed to get away and find Katie, McKenzi, Monica and Damion who I knew she wouldn't go near.

There was quite a bit of waiting around in the Small World Mall until Becky and Branden, the housing manager, told us we were gonna head over to the event now. I was hoping we were heading out of the park but we went to Tomorrowland.

Not looking good.

I thought maybe we'd be taken backstage over here, but NOPE.

Becky announced we were going to be enjoying the fireworks dessert party at the Skyline Lounge in Tomorrowland, a legendary place in Disneyland that was offering up a pretty unique experience. They also had brought some managers from around the parks to join us.

But it wasn't Pixar Pier.

So my reaction was...

tumblr_o1f4chU6zT1v2ndkio1_250.gif

I hate Kylo Ren so you can tell that my use of gif and his personality and the face he is making, I wasn't in a good mood. I'm not gonna go into details with personal problems and make this update a downer even if for the most part I was that way, but this kinda broke me. Even the most arbitrary things could turn my usual optimistic, colorful personality into the male personification of Sadness. Nothing could perk me up. I acted ungrateful and bratty. It wasn't a cute look and everyone around me deserved better. However, I wasn't going to walk away and make myself even look more bratty than I knew I was coming off so here we shall document a particularly telling Skyline Lounge Experience.

The entire experience involved us getting those souvenir lanyards then being led up to the third floor of the Launch Bay building, formerly home of America Sings and Carousel of Progress, where they had various little alcoves set up for us to sit. Before going into those, they had a refreshment bar that we could choose any non-alcoholic beverage that we wanted and as many as we wanted. After getting settled in, we were given these little boxes of desserts.

The box contained grapes, crackers and a cheese spread then the main desserts which consisted of a coconut covered cherry bar, a shortbread frosting filled cookie of sorts and a little chocolate truffle. All were enjoyable. I think we all enjoyed the cherry bar thingey the most. However, no one could tell I was enjoying it since I basically was on the verge of tears or actually crying the entire time. I ate, vented on social media then cried some more. A lot was going on with me and I really regret my behavior, but you can't change much once it's happened. I tried to make the most for what strength I had to fight my emotions.

The view was pretty lovely. It was cold so they gave us blankets, a few of which had Stormtroopers on it. I of course got my own. Then, in trying to gain a sense of normality, I asked Lakeland, who was there trying to comfort me this entire time, to take a photo of me looking out over tomorrow.

At this point, the comforting was starting to come at me from all directions. Everyone was worried. Most of my friends had not seen me this way so I was getting messages on my phone, friends trying to ask what was wrong, hugs, etc. It was slowly making me feel a little better, but it also was making the emotional breakdowns kinda harder. As this was going on, suddenly I saw out of the corner of my eye, Minnie Mouse! Yup, Minnie was coming around to say hi. I could in NO WAY allow Minnie to see me this way so I did my best to set myself up to be invisible to my boss' boss. However, everyone else was getting photos with her so she of course asked me. I said no and... well...

I couldn't be sad in front of Minnie. No matter how hard I tried. I even ended up getting a photo. Near knocked her over taking it and it's kinda awkward, but hey MAGIC!

We then took some group photos with the squad and the entire CP alumni group. Yeah, I was still moody. Oops.

Cutest little family, isn't it? I didn't really know a few of them, but many are still some of my best friends so it will be my family always and forever. They stick with you in the worst of times for you and always want to see you being your best as any family would do. THESE are the people you find during a College Program. Without them, this night would've been a bust and I would've been mopey and crying the entire time. Somehow they managed to get me to a point where I even watched Together Forever, a fireworks show I wasn't a huge fan of. Still, I found myself teary during the finale and just watching everyone watching. My favorite moment was when our program manager, the former ambassador, Becky running across the lounge to get a photo of the Up house flying between the Matterhorn and Sleeping Beauty Castle. Becky had done the CP 5 times have I mentioned? Yeah, wild. But really, once a CP, always a CP. That joy never leaves and that pure joy is just what I needed tonight and to be surrounded by those who understood that joy. Ah, always got a friend in them.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

The event was technically over after the fireworks and I think I found myself feeling a bit better to not mope. I asked if anyone wanted to go ride Space Mountain (I'm pretty sure Hyperspace was long gone by now) and Lakeland said she would so we left our stuff at the lounge since they said we could come and go as we pleased and ran off to Space single rider. Single rider was a near walk on so we were on and off real quick.

Oh yeah and I was in the front row? WILD. MAGIC.

After we got off, we went back up to the lounge to find it was getting cleaned up and everyone left. We kinda freaked out since we had a lot of important stuff left. After asking the CMs up there, they told us someone probably grabbed it since they had nothing there. I checked my phone and McKenzi had texted me to tell me that her and Katie grabbed them for us. They were by the hidden bathroom near Autopia so we went over there. They were still in the restroom so we had to wait, but we did get all our stuff back. I asked if anyone was wanting to stick around and unfortunately they all were tired and heading home. I said I was saying which shocked and concerned Lakeland seeing how I was that night. I told her I wouldn't stay long and that I'd be fine. It placated her enough and I bid them all a goodnight.

So how did Timmy McMopity-Mope fair the rest of the night back on his lonesome?

Continue Here

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you had such a rough night :( It happens though. No need to beat yourself up. I'm sure you had your reasons, and your friends know you and understood. I love that when you were in a bad place, Minnie was able to meet you where you were at and give you a little magic to get you through the night. :lovestruc I'm the queen of allowing myself to get moody and overreacting/letting-small-things-be-that-last-straw-that-breaks-you kinda thing, so I totally understand how crappy this kind of night feels.

Sorry to hear you had such a rough night :( It happens though. No need to beat yourself up. I'm sure you had your reasons, and your friends know you and understood. I love that when you were in a bad place, Minnie was able to meet you where you were at and give you a little magic to get you through the night. :lovestruc I'm the queen of allowing myself to get moody and overreacting/letting-small-things-be-that-last-straw-that-breaks-you kinda thing, so I totally understand how crappy this kind of night feels.

Yeah, although it didn't seem apparent immediately, there was a lot going on outside of the immediate issues and it just all came to a head at that night. Bless Minnie for being so patient with me, she really got me to being more myself for the rest of the night. I look back and it really was such a special night that I needed more than I gave credit in the moment. And honestly, I'm probably more a queen of that type of stuff than you but I'm glad someone is around who can understand. :goodvibes

Aww, Timmy, I just wanted to hug you reading that last post :( So hard when your emotions get in the way of enjoying things. Glad Minnie was there to pick up your spirits a bit!!

Aw I'm sorry it was such a tough night for you :( It;s nice that you had so many people to surround you and comfort you. And those photos of you and Minnie are really cute, I love how you two are holding hands.

Aww, Timmy, I just wanted to hug you reading that last post :( So hard when your emotions get in the way of enjoying things. Glad Minnie was there to pick up your spirits a bit!!

She was so patient, really changed my night having her there to cheer me up. It started off bad but it really got a lot better as things went on.

Aw I'm sorry it was such a tough night for you :( It;s nice that you had so many people to surround you and comfort you. And those photos of you and Minnie are really cute, I love how you two are holding hands.

They all really made it better. All such angels, Minnie included. Wouldn't have found the positives that night without them for sure. :)

I'm so sad you're having to take your pictures down:( I will so miss seeing that little Timmy who was so thrilled he got to FINALLY go home for the first time.:guilty:
Great that you had your friends around to try and cheer you up, especially the lovely Ms. Minnie::MinnieMo

I'm so sad you're having to take your pictures down:( I will so miss seeing that little Timmy who was so thrilled he got to FINALLY go home for the first time.:guilty:

Not all of them will be taken down. My first two TRs will remain unchanged since I didn't use Flickr for those photos. 13 and 14 year old Timmy will live on forever there.

Great that you had your friends around to try and cheer you up, especially the lovely Ms. Minnie::MinnieMo

It really was. So blessed to have all of them :goodvibes

Magical Families Appreciation Chapter
6/21/18: DCP Summer Alumni Special Event Day!

I decided after the night and day and week I had that I'd go lowkey with my next choice ride. I never got to completely ride around Disneyland on the train (still haven't even set foot on the one in MK) so I thought that would be a good thing to check off my bucket list.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

I really enjoyed the Disneyland Railroad. I somehow timed it well enough that when I went through New Orleans Square, I could see a bit of Fantasmic with very few getting on or off the train. I mean, once I got back into the station it was the last round of the night for that train specifically. The West diorama and the Dinosaur diorama were also super cool like DINOSAUR level cool. I'd definitely recommend for anyone who needed to wind down for the night or just needs breaks in their day. It's a really relaxing entertaining attraction.

After I got back off at the Main Street station, I decided to head into Fantasyland. Fantasyland always cheered me up. It was still prime hours in the park so most attractions had fairly long waits so I decided to ride the Carousel. I hadn't been on it yet I always loved hearing the music when I walked by and it had no wait soooo why not?

Click to watch!

I had been alone and in my feelings so everything was creeping up on me again. Fantasyland did still feel like a safe space, but I needed some time away from people so I went to Fantasy Faire which was 100% completely empty on this night. It was exactly what I needed. I took a moment to check my phone to find even more messages from friends and one from my sisters and well... waterworks. It's amazing how sometimes you can feel so alone then you realize you're not because those who love you truly can really tell and tell you just what you needed to hear.

Click to watch!

Yup, sniffling. It might sound negative but at this point in the night it was what I needed. A nice carthatic release of emotion. It got me centered and ready to finish off the night on a really good note. Wiping away my tears, I decided a Matterhorn ride was necessary so I headed that way. Along the way, I ran into Julianna and Kaitlyn after they were taking photos in front of the castle. I asked what they were doing and they said they were going to Matterhorn to ride because her boyfriend was trying to get to 100 rides on the Matterhorn. I asked if I could join and they were more than happy to let me.

When we got there and met up with Garrett, the line was only 15 minutes so we didn't have to split off in the single rider line. Unfortunately because I was odd friend out, I ended up in front row of the back bobsled on the Tomorrowland side. So it was a rough ride, we all had fun and life seemed normal again. The park was closing and we were tired. They offered to drive me home so we began heading out. Julianna and Garrett were off doing their own thing so I asked Kaitlyn to get some photos of me walking down Main Street at night because WHY NOT?

By the time we finished with the photoshoot, we were all caught up with each other and headed out. Garrett & Julianna had parked the cars in Mickey & Friends so we headed out towards the line for the trams. The line was long and we had time so we decided to use the long way and walk, going through DTD, which really wasn't bad, just a bit confusing at first especially at Mickey & Friends since that structure really is HUGE. But we found the car and headed home. I think I might've hung out in Katie & co.'s apartment after this or I went to bed so this is where our night ended. A day that went really really down to end on a high note. Just a testament to Disney magic. I had the next day off as well and Pixar Pier opening day coming up so I was ready to get back into that positive pixie-dusted spirit! Like always, tomorrow is a new fabulous day. See you then!

giphy.gif

Continue Here

Last edited:
Hugs, Timmy. Life is so hard sometimes, but there is always a new day. Thanks for sharing your joy and struggles with us. I love hearing about your adventures!

Sometimes you just need to have that emotional moment before you can get past it. I have definitely been known to put on a sad movie with the intention of it making me cry! I so appreciate your honesty in these posts, and I can't wait to read more about your adventures!

Thanks so much for being willing to share everything with us, not just the easy happy memories. It's always a nice feeling to know when you're having a hard time that your friends really care and know just what to say.

Gotta have the bad days...so you know how good the great days are!

Way to bounce back! ! !

Hugs, Timmy. Life is so hard sometimes, but there is always a new day. Thanks for sharing your joy and struggles with us. I love hearing about your adventures!

Exactly. That's how I always try to think about it. And you're welcome. I'm glad you weren't too turned off by it. Many more adventures and new days to come for sure! :mickeyjum

Sometimes you just need to have that emotional moment before you can get past it. I have definitely been known to put on a sad movie with the intention of it making me cry! I so appreciate your honesty in these posts, and I can't wait to read more about your adventures!

Actually me though. Sad movies get me through so much. I don't understand those who can't watch them because they are too sad. I need that catharsis. And you're welcome, thank you for appreciating it. I'm glad you're still excited for more adventures even with the prospect of depressing ones. :goodvibes1

Thanks so much for being willing to share everything with us, not just the easy happy memories. It's always a nice feeling to know when you're having a hard time that your friends really care and know just what to say.

I'm naturally an open person even about things I shouldn't be, but I was afraid to share. Glad you all still found it read-able. Having great friends who genuinely care for you truly is a relatable concept.

Gotta have the bad days...so you know how good the great days are!

Way to bounce back! ! !

Exactly! I always try to figure a way to bounce back even when I have moments where I don't want to. Luckily I did. And the next day further showed that. :thumbsup2

I'm glad your night ended on a high note! Spending some alone time on the train and the carousel + getting messages from friends sounds like a good start to lifting your spirits!

I'm glad your night ended on a high note! Spending some alone time on the train and the carousel + getting messages from friends sounds like a good start to lifting your spirits!

It really was. The perfect medicine. Thank goodness for all of them or I would've been in quite the dark place thereon out. Bless friends and Disney magic :goodvibes

So here I am waiting to find out if you're doing another program at Disney.:confused3

Hope you had a Happy Christmas! Have a safe and wonderful New Year:drinking1

The carousel is my favorite. And crying at Disneyland is my least favorite. On our last big family trip, I had a mini meltdown while riding the carousel, and couldn't get it together and stop crying. And I was SO angry, because Disneyland is my happy place, and the carousel is my happy place, so WHY the tears? So dumb. I'm sorry you had to be down while you were there, but happy that you were able to turn it around with some help!

So here I am waiting to find out if you're doing another program at Disney.:confused3

Hope you had a Happy Christmas! Have a safe and wonderful New Year:drinking1

You'll be waiting quite awhile. Apps do drop this month but I won't be able to apply until around February. :/

Thank you, I did. Far better than my New Year's. Happy New Year to you as well! :mickeyjum

The carousel is my favorite. And crying at Disneyland is my least favorite. On our last big family trip, I had a mini meltdown while riding the carousel, and couldn't get it together and stop crying. And I was SO angry, because Disneyland is my happy place, and the carousel is my happy place, so WHY the tears? So dumb. I'm sorry you had to be down while you were there, but happy that you were able to turn it around with some help!

Awww I'm sorry that happened to you. I almost feel safer when I cry at Disneyland. It seriously is like a home to me rather than just a happy place so I guess when those things happen I don't feel so hard on myself. I try not do it around others because then you get looks and I'm not about getting judged for having emotions, it's human. I think that's the best way to think about it and not get too hard on yourself. You can't stay that sad for too long at Disneyland. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!