It Takes Two, Baby; a 2017 Flower and Garden dining report *NEW dining report!*

I don't think I knew this but YES to a Dis meet :banana: I haven't figured out any plans yet but I know we'll spend quite a bit of time in Epcot. Are you doing the parks? I should probably just get over to your report and read up lol

Yes, read my report...:yay:

We are spending November 6th in MK and doing the dessert party (since we've never been). We will have my niece, Gia with us.
We are staying at the Contemporary!!!!

They never put enough balsamic drizzle on these salads. But it looks delicious. :)
That's very true, we're always looking for a little bit more :)

That is a great time to go to F&W.
I'm hoping with the race it isn't too busy......but I'm just so excited! When we were there years ago the kids were very young so we didn't spend much time there at all and barely tried anything. And since we're such fans of F&G this can only be better!

I've enjoyed reading your trip report. It's too bad we don't overlap this fall. It was fun to meet you. :)
Thank you so much for reading, I really appreciate it :hug: I hope in the future we overlap also because we enjoyed meeting you guys, too :goodvibes

Awesome as always! Thank you!
:thanks: for following along!

Yes, read my report...:yay:
lol going to do that tonight ::yes::

Steve and I had a conversation with a GMR CM one night; she started crying which made me cry and it was quite a scene!
Ya know, the GMR CMs were what I thought about the most on that last day... I felt so bad not only for the true fans of GMR like us, but the amazing folks who have made it their profession to bring us inside the movies every day for years and years :sad1:

Steve was quite PO'd about that so he was determined to hit F&W this year. Who am I to argue :D
Exactly, who are you to argue?! :confused3 :laughing:

This comment brought tears to my eyes :goodvibes You are so sweet! I truly appreciate you following my reports and I enjoy following yours too. If I don't manage to get back to yours before you leave, have a wonderful, MAGICAL trip pixiedust:
That's the magic of these boards... a shared love of one of the things we all love the most :hug:

Thank you so much!!!

Ariane, your reviews are always so upbeat, they are really a great, fun read. Ya'll seem like you just have fun, and roll with stuff. I can't wait for the next one. Cheers!

Next we were off to our last park of the trip. You all may find it a strange choice but we were hitting up Hollywood Studios, my formerly favorite park. Little spoiler alert if you end up reading my soon-to-be started TR for our August trip we recently returned from, but I cried on more than one occasion at HS this trip, lamenting the park that used to be and will never be again. But that's for another day, today I was happy to see a little bit of Hollywood as we walked up to the tapstiles:

It really is so sad :sad1: I cannot imagine what this park will be like when it's all done. I like Star Wars, but I don't LOVE Star Wars…though DS does LOVE SW so I'm sure we'll be spending LOTS of time here, along with staying at the immersive SW hotel :crazy2:

I've always loved this part of the ceiling in the GMR and last week I spent many minute staring up at it :sad: Don't get me started now!

At least you got to see it and say good-bye…we haven't gone on in years because DD was scared.

After having not been to Mama Melrose in about 5 years and constantly reading mixed reviews, I can say we weren't exactly impressed but were pleasantly surprised at how much we enjoyed our meal.g

I always find it to be a solid choice…it's our definite "go-to" in DHS.

I even knew who the majority of the characters were, yay me who has never seen a SW movie!!

Aren't you at ALL curious? I forget, do your DS/DH watch it? I don't know that I would have seen it as many times if it weren't for DS being obsessed, but I do recall seeing it at the movies when it first came out, at least.

Pineapple! It's a dining report so this belongs here.

That's so CUTE :love:

You can bet your a&$ I'll be doing my best to visit at least once next year.

Go in April…our dates are April 4-15th, but really, the 7th to 15th at WDW :P

Steve and I are going to Food and Wine this year!!! :cheer2::cheer2::banana::banana: I'm so freakin' excited, we haven't done F&W since like, 2010! It's quick trip from 11/4-8 but that's good enough for me.

OMG! Awesome! Our trips will overlap by a couple days…if the stars align, maybe we can meet up!

Next up I'm going to start a TR for our just finished August trip

Can't wait! I thought you'd post more on Facebook…looking forward to reading it!

Hi guys! Thought I was gone after that awesome wrap up, right? Yeah so did I, until I noticed for whatever reason all my pictures didn't show up :mad: So just to finish this off correctly here are all the ones that didn't come up if you're bored with nothing to do and want to really, really see them:

I really DID want to see them :D

We enjoy Mama Melrose I like the steak and mac & cheese. Kathy likes the calamari.
As much as I love SW it's going to break my heart going back to HS in November without the GMR :sad:
Another great report :goodvibes

Just finished up your report! So fun! You are so good in your descriptions that I feel I'm right there with you. Congrats on getting to go to the F&W! We leave in a little less than four weeks. Yippee!!!

Gosh I swore I commented on the dry looking Mac and cheese, that did not look good at all! MM looks pretty tasty and your breakfast ar Sanaa looks so tasty.

Andi and I watched Tim tracker on his last ride on the GMR and we both were so sad! Andi has the entire monologue memorized. The last time we rode in February we had no idea it would be gone!

Thanks for the reviews, looking forward to your new report!

Ariane, your reviews are always so upbeat, they are really a great, fun read. Ya'll seem like you just have fun, and roll with stuff. I can't wait for the next one. Cheers!
That is so nice of you to say and means so much to me :lovestruc I honestly appreciate you reading and am so glad you enjoyed my reviews. I hope I can continue to entertain!

GREAT report :)
:thanks: and thanks for following along with me!

It really is so sad :sad1: I cannot imagine what this park will be like when it's all done. I like Star Wars, but I don't LOVE Star Wars
Yup, I can't even say I like SW. I think the park will be nice, just not what I want it to be. And nothing like what it was. But I also think it'll be crazy popular so, I guess from a business standpoint (Disney's and mine lol) it'll be a good thing................

Aren't you at ALL curious? I forget, do your DS/DH watch it? I don't know that I would have seen it as many times if it weren't for DS being obsessed, but I do recall seeing it at the movies when it first came out, at least.
Mmmmm, not really! I've tried watching the first one a few times and can't get into it. Same with Steve. Ricky recently became a fan so we did some of the SW stuff last week and I didn't mind at all, and I'll be more than happy to do the new stuff for him; I'd do it anyway just because I like seeing everything new Disney does. Now Spaceballs-remember that movie? That I loved :laughing:

Go in April…our dates are April 4-15th, but really, the 7th to 15th at WDW :P
I shall keep those dates in mind! It may work since basketball is over then :thumbsup2

OMG! Awesome! Our trips will overlap by a couple days…if the stars align, maybe we can meet up!
Whoo! I have to start writing down who I might get to meet in Nov! What exactly are your dates again? I'm behind on your PTR :blush:

Can't wait! I thought you'd post more on Facebook…looking forward to reading it!
Sorry! I thought I would too and then either my phone was almost dead, I forgot, or I posted on my business page instead. But I have tons of pics for my TR and it's already begun!

As much as I love SW it's going to break my heart going back to HS in November without the GMR :sad:
I started thinking about plans for Nov. I know we'll go there because I can't go to Disney and NOT ride TOT, but it's going to be weird without GMR. Also wondering, even though it wasn't the most popular ride, if it'll impact wait times at other rides.............

Another great report :goodvibes
:thanks:

Was hoping to see those dates in October you know!!
Ugh, I wish! The first weekend in Nov. when we're going is the first and only weekend from Labor Day on that Ricky doesn't have football. Then the weekend after is free - and then basketball through Feb :faint:

Your report did what it was supposed to...made me hungry after every post :-):-)
:hyper:

Just finished up your report! So fun! You are so good in your descriptions that I feel I'm right there with you
Awesome! And now I need to catch up on your report :surfweb: Thank you for following along here with me :)

Congrats on getting to go to the F&W! We leave in a little less than four weeks. Yippee!!!
Have a magical time pixiedust: I hope you're doing another dining report!

MM looks pretty tasty and your breakfast ar Sanaa looks so tasty
We ate at MM again last week and while the meal wasn't spectacular, we enjoyed it. Sanaa breakfast on the other hand is so fantastic, especially given the other (lack of) options there, I recommend it to anyone staying at Kidani.

Andi and I watched Tim tracker on his last ride on the GMR and we both were so sad! Andi has the entire monologue memorized. The last time we rode in February we had no idea it would be gone!
Oh, now I'm going to have to watch that :sad1: Same with us when Steve and I rode in May, and for this reason alone I'm thankful we did have to change our Aug. dates by moving them up. If we stayed with our original dates of the 23-31st we would have missed it and the tears SERIOUSLY would have been flowing!

What's up guys!! Well, we're a couple days home from our latest trip, and even though I'm still not unpacked and I have tons of work to do, I'm determined to get this baby finished before it becomes a year in the making. So without further ado I give to you...........our last day.
At least you're moving faster than I did :P

This was SO good. The bread was soft, warm, and had lots of fresh banana flavor. I didn't try the chocolate sauce because because as much as I love chocolate, I don't for some reason enjoy chocolate with bread. Weird, I know.
Um all I've gots to say is yum, yum, and yum!!!! Love me some banana bread!

You all may find it a strange choice but we were hitting up Hollywood Studios, my formerly favorite park. Little spoiler alert if you end up reading my soon-to-be started TR for our August trip we recently returned from, but I cried on more than one occasion at HS this trip, lamenting the park that used to be and will never be again.
While I've loathed MGM (still ain't changing that name) for a few years now, it is sad when you think about how much its changed. Of course change is sometimes good, but I remember that old studio vibe when it first opened and it seems to have ebbed so much from the original intent.

fter a couple rides on TOT we checked the app and found an 11:45 Mama Melrose. We hadn't been there in years so we said what the hell, we'll try it! We had a little time left, lines had grown for most headliners so we went to a ride that sadly no longer exists:
Welcome to the last minute ADR club, its not so bad here :P

I don't have any pictures of Steve's beverage which means he probably got a soda. Maybe he thought he was driving the ME bus to MCO?
Blasphemy :drinking1

peaking of Epcot festivals, you guys are the first to know since you're the cool kids who read my stuff - Steve and I are going to Food and Wine this year!!! :cheer2::cheer2::banana::banana: I'm so freakin' excited, we haven't done F&W since like, 2010! It's quick trip from 11/4-8 but that's good enough for me. Right now we're booked at the BWI but we'll see if that sticks..............
:jumping1::jumping2::jumping3::cheer2::banana::bounce::Pinkbounc:dancer:party::cool1::earseek:

Tried to find all the obnoxious emojis I could. I think I may be more excited than you :drinking1

Either way feel free to look for my TR over on the trip reports board and if I do a dining report, I'll post a link here.
Awesome report!!!!!!!!

I've never commented before, but I have read all of your reports and love them! Although, you are making my decision for our January trip difficult, LOL. I am trying to decide between California Grill and Citricos. We have been to both, but it's been a few years since we've been to Citricos so I had decided it was time to go back. We had a good meal there, but not as outstanding as yours sounds. We had a wonderful meal last year at California Grill so I had decided it was time for Citricos, but then I read Kari's review of Cali Grill and it made me want to go back. But, then I read your review of Citricos and now I want to go there.
I'm considering dropping another dinner so we can do both. Looking forward to your August report!

Ugh. I started a reply and my iPad ate it.

Anyway, glad breakfast was good and glad you were able to get to ride ToT and GMR on your last day. And that your MM meal was enjoyable.

Yay for your return trip in November. I'm trying to talk my mom into taking the boys down for the Halloween party in September. Just a really quick weekend trip - 2 nights and just going to the party - since AJ's birthday is the beginning of October, but who knows if I'll be successful. Regardless, once the boys get a little older, DH and I will try some kids free trips, so I'm taking notes! :)

At least you're moving faster than I did :P
True. And I'm sure you're not moving fast tonight :car: But :bday:

While I've loathed MGM (still ain't changing that name) for a few years now, it is sad when you think about how much its changed. Of course change is sometimes good, but I remember that old studio vibe when it first opened and it seems to have ebbed so much from the original intent.
You hit it right on the head :sad1:

Welcome to the last minute ADR club, its not so bad here :P

:jumping1::jumping2::jumping3::cheer2::banana::bounce::Pinkbounc:dancer:party::cool1::earseek:

Tried to find all the obnoxious emojis I could. I think I may be more excited than you :drinking1
LOL I don't know about that, I'm pretty damn excited :crazy::crazy: :moped::teeth::teeth::tongue::tongue: :chewy::clown:

Awesome report!!!!!!!!
Thank you :hug: means a lot coming from the queen of dining reports!

I've never commented before, but I have read all of your reports and love them!
Well I'm glad you're finally commenting :wave: And thank you for reading along!

We have been to both, but it's been a few years since we've been to Citricos so I had decided it was time to go back. We had a good meal there, but not as outstanding as yours sounds. We had a wonderful meal last year at California Grill so I had decided it was time for Citricos, but then I read Kari's review of Cali Grill and it made me want to go back. But, then I read your review of Citricos and now I want to go there.
I guess @kastoney and I are going to have to have a showdown and see who can win you over to their preferred dining location :rotfl:

I'm considering dropping another dinner so we can do both. Looking forward to your August report!
I think this is the best idea! But whatever you decide I hope you have a great time and enjoy all your meals. And I hope you choose Citricos :D
Hoping to start my Aug. dining report soon! Got the TR up and running so dining should be sometime this week :thumbsup2

Yay for your return trip in November. I'm trying to talk my mom into taking the boys down for the Halloween party in September. Just a really quick weekend trip - 2 nights and just going to the party - since AJ's birthday is the beginning of October, but who knows if I'll be successful.
I'm so excited we're going in Nov., and one of the best parts if not the best is that Kari @kastoney will be there the same time :drinking1so everyone else going those days better watch out!
That would be nice if you went with the boys for a MNSSHP trip although I'd have to be mad at you since I'm still a bit PO'd we missed it this year lol. Good luck!

Liberty Tree Tavern Lunch
I'm back, and I promise this update includes FOOD! After our somewhat slow-paced morning we boarded the boat to MK. This is probably Steve's favorite part of staying at the Wilderness Lodge and I think it's pretty awesome, too. We got to MK about 10:15 and I noticed something that had been added after our Nov. trip but I hadn't thought about yesterday - the passholder entrance! What a breeze, and we pretty much used those entrances for the rest of our stay. As soon as we hit Main St. we saw the trolley and it was the perfect timing as they had just pulled to a stop and were loading up with guests so we jumped on for our first ever ride!

We took a ride right down the middle of Main Street, U.S.A. and it was de-liteful. I loved all the people looking at us in awe, like, "how did they get to ride in there?" "Because I'm ME, guys, that's why" ;)
The horse-drawn trolley goes from in front of the train station, around the HUB and passes the castle, and then comes to a stop. I explained to our driver that I have a fellow TA who visits Tri-Circle D Ranch very often as she's an avid horse lover and that Zilly is her favorite, and Zilly happened to be pulling the trolley that day so I wanted a picture with him:

Why do I look so awkward and uncomfortable?? And why are my legs so damn white lol? Like any of you are focusing on me, how beautiful is Zilly? I love the silver Mickey head over his nose and on his hindquarters, and their were 2 more on his eye patches.
We continued on to do our first FP which was 7DMT, Steve's request since we didn't do it in Nov. and then rode Astro Orbiter; my 2nd time and Steve's 1st. The little boy belonging to the family in front of us was full on french kissing the railing while we were waiting :crazy2: :crazy2: :faint: so that was fun to watch. Then at some point I discovered where this was for the first time:

I can't believe in all my trips I never knew exactly where it was! But that's the fun right, always finding something new.
We did a couple more rides and then it was time for our lunch reservation and I was seriously looking forward to this. The last time we'd eaten at Liberty Tree Tavern was in 2012 or 2013, we really liked it, and I'd been wanting to return. We had a lunch reservation back in Nov. but then they changed the menu about 2 weeks before our trip and took off just about everything we would have ordered so I cancelled. But THEN, like 5 days before THIS trip, they put all that good stuff back on the menu! Originally we had no lunch ADR but while we were getting ready in the morning Steve asked what we were doing for lunch, and when I told him "?" he informed me he needed a TS meal. So we booked a 12:30 ADR around 8:15 that morning.

We checked in about 5 minutes early and were told it would be just a few minutes. I'd forgotten what it looks like inside:

They also have a table set up with coloring sheets and crayons for the kids. Today however there were about 5 adults coloring and I SO wanted to join them! Actually I wanted to take a stack of the coloring sheets and shove them in my purse, but alas my purse was too small. Otherwise I totally would have taken them and colored on the plane home :D
About 10 minutes later they called the DeVizio family from the territory of NY ( I love this, too) and we were brought to the Jefferson room. Our table was right under a picture of Thomas Jefferson so I quickly looked around the room to see if they also had pictures of his many illegitimate children but as usual, they get no respect. Seriously I was wondering if the other rooms were named after Presidents or signers of the Declaration and I meant to go look after our meal but then I forgot.

I wish I'd gotten our servers name because she was great; her and Steve kept going back and forth annoying each other in a playful way.
Here's the family style menu, I think it's the same as the dinner menu and it's also the one they started serving in place of the regular lunch menu back in Nov:

Steve and I both opted to order from the A La Carte menu which had been recently added back:

But first, we drink! Steve got a Sam Adams and I got a Mimosa. It was good, just a little too pulpy for me. You can see the pulp on the glass. It didn't make it bad but I prefer no pulp anyway:

I got the Colony Salad: Grilled Chicken, Washington Apples, Sweet Pecans, Applewood-smoked Cheddar, and Dried Cranberries tossed with Field Greens in a Honey Shallot Vinaigrette:

This is a perfect salad. The chicken was grilled just how I like it, which means not charred too much. The dressing has a light, sweet taste and there wasn't too much or too little of it. I managed to eat about 2/3 of this!
Steve ordered Our Tavern Keeper's Favorite: Pot Roast served with Mashed Potatoes and Garden Vegetables:

Steve is a huge pot roast fan and he wasn't disappointed in the least with this. Loved the corn also and said the potatoes were out of this world. I think that means overall this was a hit for him!
I had really wanted to order the Sweet Corn Fritters as an appetizer but I knew I needed to get dessert and I didn't think I could handle app-meal-dessert. And I didn't want to give up the salad because you know, I always eat healthy :D So rather than risk being too full for desert or giving up my daily intake of greens, I skipped the app, ate my salad and dug in to the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake: Vanilla Cake with Gooey Toffee filling, Caramel Sauce and Vanilla Ice Cream, which had recently begun being served in this awesome period-appropriate skillet:

In the immortal words of Sally Fields, let me just say "YES! YES! YES!" This dessert is pretty much perfect. I love those big huge chocolate chip cookies covered in ice cream that you get in some restaurants and this kind of reminded me of that only better because the cake is delicious and you get TOFFEE. GOOEY TOFFEE. Inside and then those crumbled pieces of what I assume are Heath bars or some Disney equivalent. Steve tried literally 2 bites and I at the rest. All of it. Yes I did.
I enjoyed this meal so much I'm currently debating eating here again next month. I want to, but there are so many places I want to eat I hate to repeat so soon. On the other hand after our tour on the 19th we'll be starving so eating at MK will be ideal. I'm currently planning to try getting into the Plaza but..............I don't know...................
Sufficiently stuffed and feeling happy but gross we left there and used our Splash FP. We had used our 2nd FP for Big Thunder earlier so tried to get a 4th; no mountains were available until 6:00 and later and we had plans to be elsewhere so instead we shopped a bit. I found a HM tank top in Momento Mori that I loved but they didn't have my size so I asked the nice CM there if they had it anywhere in the park. He said they only sell HM merch there. I felt like riding the Liberty Belle but as we approached I realized it was closed for Tiana's Ice Cream Social, so we headed out. We went through the Emporium looking for the aforementioned tank, a CM there checked on the app and told me they had my size at Momento Mori :rolleyes: No tank for me! We decided to head back to the room for a bit before our evening park switch so we took the boat once more. I snapped some pictures of the WL cabins being worked on; in this one you can see pretty well the outdoor stone fireplace on each cabin:

I haven't seen projected prices for staying in the cabins anywhere; I assume $$$ but I'd probably like to try one day. We got back to our room about 3:10 and had a small window of time to chill and change before heading to AK and our dinner at Tiffins!

UP NEXT: DUH, TIFFINS ROL DINING PACKAGE
My daughter and I are planning a Liberty Tree Tavern lunch and I was wondering if you know how much the Patriots Platter is. The salad looked like something I would like though.
Thanks! Excellent photos by the way. I am going to look for Zilly next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter