It was cold here but better than -25 at home!

pavicich

Mouseketeer
Now that we are back and finally coming out of the polar vortex, I figured I would give a quick download of our Xmas/New Years trip! My first ever report was full of detail. I have learned to just stick to some highlights :)

MM+ : worked very well. No problems except had to go back to guest relations and get our actual AP cards as the band didn't work to get AP discounts at the Emporium. We were not given these at first-don't leave guest services without them!

FP+ : loved this. We were able to change times for rides while we were in the park without hassle (exceptions TSM and PP). While we could have triple dipped with ap and room keys we didn't feel the need to with rope drop and using FP later in the day.

Resorts : We were at SSR for the first half and BLT for the second half. Love Artists's Pallette but prefer BLT for location. This being said, the room at BLT was not cleaned well. Shower and tub drains were visibly dirty. This was the first time we have had a room I didn't think was cleaned well.

TIW : were usually allowed to pay with separate/split checks and entire table received discount. Was surprised at this but appreciative.

Food : Ate at sci-fi for first time. Will definitely try again and found to be reasonable. Found 1900 PF dinner characters to be much more rushed than past trips. CRT, GG and Wave were all great as usual per our opinion. Ordered Papa Johns delivery one night which worked out great.

Stroller : Rented a citi elite from Orlando Strollers. Clean and delivered on time. No complaints.

Weather : not the greatest and more rain than I remember at this time of year. Went swimming once at BLT. Plenty of chairs open this time around! Jeans and hoodies was the uniform of choice all 10 days.

Looking forward to our April trip to VGF. Hopefully we will feel the warm Florida sun next time we come home!

Thanks for the trip report. We are leaving for DW on Monday and trying to pack. Do you remember what the temps were during your stay? Looking at the weather next week and thinking thinking this might be a jeans trip.

It was in the 60's most of the trip, although the news said it got to low 70's some days. Lowest was 49 and we walked around world showcase and just enjoyed the stroll. The wind is what makes it not as enjoyable, however at those temps it was nice for walking around. Overcast 60's is different then sunny 60's obviously. It was mostly overcast but still nice to walk around. Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter