italy in September need your advise

sassysue

Earning My Ears
My husband and I booked the italy trip for september. We are so so excited its a dream come true for us and a trip we have tried to do for several years. It is just him and I and we are in our late 50's. We booked thru triple A and our agent thought we would feel out of place because these are geared to familys. We don't mind being around other family's and the adult only dates didn't work for us. So what do you think will we feel out of place?

My husband and I booked the italy trip for september. We are so so excited its a dream come true for us and a trip we have tried to do for several years. It is just him and I and we are in our late 50's. We booked thru triple A and our agent thought we would feel out of place because these are geared to familys. We don't mind being around other family's and the adult only dates didn't work for us. So what do you think will we feel out of place?

I don't think you will feel out of place at all. You never know what the composition of your group will be, but the guides will make sure that you feel comfortable. They are fantastic and are just amazing at making sure everyone has a great time. On our trip to Alaska this past summer there were 3 couples in their fifties, traveling without children, two other couples late fouties to early fifties with their children, a 70 something grandmother with her two grandchildren, two extended families with grandparents, parents, and kids. one single guy probably in his 40s and me, single mom, late 40's, with a 9-year-old. We've been on two ABD trips and there were no "young" families on either one. I think your AAA agent is totally wrong. :) Have a wonderful trip!

BTW...two of the couples on our trip were on their 2nd ABD and the other couple was on their 3rd, so they obviously loved the trips and didn't feel out of place at all.

My wife and I were deciding between the Adults only trip for Italy in May and the Alpine Magic trip, which didn't have an adults only option (at least one that worked for us). We are in our 40's and do not have kids. Our preference would be to do an adults only trip, but we wouldn't hesitate to do a non-adults only trip. I agree with Bobo that your travel agent is totally wrong. If kids are a concern on your trip, I think you made the right decision by going in September, when most kids are back in school. I think you'll have fewer children on your trip than if you booked a summer trip. Either way, you will have a wonderful time and I think you made the right decision by going with ABD. Congrats on booking your trip.

We went on Viva Italia on an Adult Only trip in Sept. of '08, and I remember our guides telling us that the family trips in Sept are usually very low on kids due to the school year. Most of the kids on these trips are home schooled kids. The trip right before us in mid Sept. only had four kids and they were teenagers who were well behaved. It is a wonderful trip.

Yep, your travel agent is completely wrong. Having kids along with you is definitely not a pre-requisite for an ABD!! We went on the Peru trip in October/08, and although it was not listed as an adults-only, there were 26 adults and no kids on the trip! I would think the number of kids in September would be extremely low. Go and have a great time!! (and if there are kids on your trip...just be thankful that you don't have to look after them ;) )

My husband and I are also in our late 50s. We did Viva Italia last September and it was wonderful. We did the last week and there was one family with a boy around 13 with us in a group of 25. He was great fun as was the whole group. I think there will be very few children going in September since school has just started for most kids. September is a wonderful time to go and ABD does a great job entertaining both kids and adults so you should have a great time. You can always call and ask ahead if there will be any children on the trip and what their ages are. The boy on our trip was very comfortable with adults and everyone had a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter