Hanging up my running shoes

fb44585afe8d61ed56d2605ec645af7f.jpg

Girl I feel you! Sunday's run was a buffet of suck for me. You let out your Waaaaah. Then ball up the waaah and drop kick it out the window. Real angry like.
I've got a bunch of tempo miles on my plate for tonight so I'll stop by and pick up your waaaah ball around 9pm.

Buffet of suck made me laugh, so thanks for that! You get after those tempo miles tonight girl! We are getting close now which is what I kept telling myself this morning.

I feel like I have waves of not being myself this year (because things have been kind of waaaay different in my life lately.) And it hit me when reading the Chicago marathon thread that I could have already printed off the marathon guide pdf and poured over all its contents. I hadn't done that yet...like usually by now I'd have how to get to my corral and all that memorized. And so I have a feeling doing that at lunch today is going to get me all invigorated. That and scratching at this stupid sports bra chafing!!!

Hey!! Since I also haven't had a good shopping post in a long time, allow me to unveil...

The Cobble Hill Mylie from Kate Spade
PXRU7544_201

Fresh off the sale rack and ready for fall. Should be arriving on my doorstep sometime tomorrow. Nothing like a little retail therapy now and again. :D

First, gimme that purse. LOL. Second, you did amazing on that run! You pushed through it and fought off those mental demons. I had the same thing happen on my tempo run last week. Started out on pace and progressively got slower because I did not adjust to the heat. You're so close and I know you are going to be amazing in Chicago!

its-so-hot-outside-these-memes-254.jpg

So I have to apologize but there is no way that I'm going to be able to read through 110 pages...sorry. But I did have time to check out your BHAG and I am here to cheer you on! Looking forward to seeing you in Chicago...it's starting to get real now :)

First, gimme that purse. LOL. Second, you did amazing on that run! You pushed through it and fought off those mental demons. I had the same thing happen on my tempo run last week. Started out on pace and progressively got slower because I did not adjust to the heat. You're so close and I know you are going to be amazing in Chicago!

its-so-hot-outside-these-memes-254.jpg

I'm so stinking excited about that purse. :D And, please, heat, go away!!

So I have to apologize but there is no way that I'm going to be able to read through 110 pages...sorry. But I did have time to check out your BHAG and I am here to cheer you on! Looking forward to seeing you in Chicago...it's starting to get real now :)

What you don't have a few spare hours to spend reading through my last 2 years worth of ramblings?

Hope to get to meet you in Chicago. That BHAG has me pretty spooked I can tell you, but I guess if it didn't it wouldn't be a BHAG.

I want that purse. If I buy anything else between now and Christmas my DH will take away my credit card. We need patio furniture and to get stuff that will withstand more than one year in FL will be expensive.

I’m so over the weather. I’m tired of the high T+D. I’m sick of running in wet clothes. I’m annoyed with having to wash and dry my hair everyday. In the winter I can get away with dry shampoo between washing.

Have you tried those toe socks? I just got a pair that I use on long runs. They feel so weird when I first put them on, but once my shoes are on I’m good. I’m terrified of getting blisters while training for Dopey.

I want that purse. If I buy anything else between now and Christmas my DH will take away my credit card. We need patio furniture and to get stuff that will withstand more than one year in FL will be expensive.

I’m so over the weather. I’m tired of the high T+D. I’m sick of running in wet clothes. I’m annoyed with having to wash and dry my hair everyday. In the winter I can get away with dry shampoo between washing.

Have you tried those toe socks? I just got a pair that I use on long runs. They feel so weird when I first put them on, but once my shoes are on I’m good. I’m terrified of getting blisters while training for Dopey.

I'm on a bit of a spending bender and really need to stop!

I was absolutely drenched in sweat this morning when we finished running. Chris and I are both so ready to have to wear long sleeves again while running. I do have one pair of toe socks I tried once but they felt so weird I just never used them again. Usually when I'm running long miles I put Body Glide between my toes and that seems to be enough, but of course, I didn't remember to do that on Sunday.

Ouch! Blisters are the worst! (well I think any kind of pain is basically the worst...) Way to power through! I hope the cooler weather we're getting today is reaching you too!

Sucky runs are completely yuck. I think we can all agree on that. So I totally understand the whine. The great thing about having a training journal is that you can whine about crappy runs whenever you want and everyone understands.

But to focus on the good things ... did the purse come yet??

Ouch! Blisters are the worst! (well I think any kind of pain is basically the worst...) Way to power through! I hope the cooler weather we're getting today is reaching you too!
We have rain that moved in today and tomorrow is supposed to be much cooler temps!! YAY!

Sucky runs are completely yuck. I think we can all agree on that. So I totally understand the whine. The great thing about having a training journal is that you can whine about crappy runs whenever you want and everyone understands.

But to focus on the good things ... did the purse come yet??

Being able to complain here is a great outlet!

No arrival yet for the purse, but My UPS tells me it is on the truck and should be to me by the end of the day. Woohoo.

COME ON CHICAGO!! I'M READY FOR A BREAK!!
tenor.gif

Training Update 9/17/18 - 9/23/18
We are getting so close to Chicago and I'm so ready to be done training. BLAAAAHHHHH!!!!! On the good news/bad news front....

Good news - My shin/calf issues while not gone do seem to be improving, so I'm optimistic that it was just some kind of muscle strain/overuse problem that might be fully resolved by Chicago. Hopefully the taper will help take care of that.
Bad news - I am dealing with the blister from H*LL. MAN. This thing has taken on a life of it's own. I keep trying to do whatever I can to help it heal but the continued miles aren't doing me any favors. Still the race is not quite 2 weeks away and surely this thing will be better by then. But, it is really ugly right now and relatively painful. Regardless - nothing is going to stop me now, so let's review how last week went, 'kay?

the-good-place-okay-here-we-go-gif.gif

Monday 9/17 - 3 miles at easy continuous pace. Legs were a bit sore from the 13 miles on the previous day and the aforementioned blister was giving me some fits, but overall this run was fine. Pace 11:32

Tuesday 9/18 - This was supposed to be 4.5 at Easy/LR pace but we opted to rest to try and give my calf and blister some healing time.

Wednesday 9/18 - Rest day

Thursday 9/20 - This was the 8 miler with 6 at tempo that I already described in my whining post above so I won't go into again, but it was filled with suck.
giphy.gif

But we finished it and moving on! Pace 11:27
Friday 9/21 - Rest day and time to lick my wounds. I will say it was this day that I sort of noticed the calf seemed somewhat better. And, my new purse arrived and it's beautiful!

GoodAnchoredAntelopegroundsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

Saturday 9/22 - 7 miles at Easy/LR pace. It was raining hard when we woke up to do this, so we delayed our start by a couple of hours. That later start seemed to make this run harder. I was just super sluggish. Overall pace 12:32.

Sunday 9/23 - 7 miles at Easy/LR pace and in the normal bizarre twists of running it felt incredibly easy and the miles flew by. What is that about? Overall pace 11:56
pheobe_runs_away.gif

Running is weird.

So there you go. Down to the final two weeks before the Chicago marathon. I'm excited and incredibly scared about the whole thing and just really hoping this blister (did I mention I have a blister :D ) heals up!! Still, I'm ready to do this thing!

tenor.gif

So behind on your journal Zelly, but I picked back up on p. 105, and I'm so excited for you!!! Hooray for the BHAG!!!!! :D
Re: the blister...have you tried the fancy bandaids with the padding stuff for blisters? I think they call them HydroSeal?
Take care of yourself, and enjoy the taper!

Re: the blister...have you tried the fancy bandaids with the padding stuff for blisters? I think they call them HydroSeal?

I actually use those for a bone growth on the back of my right heel lately. I can attest they work fantastically. Without them I commonly get a rubbing spot with all sorts of shoes. But with it, nothing of any kind.

You've got this! Almost time for the victory lap! :thumbsup2 Rest up, eat well, and prepare yourself mentally.

Thanks, Coach. Trying to get myself psyched up for this race!

giphy.gif

Almost there...blister from H*LL be D*MN*D!!!

Yes! It will be better and go away!!

So behind on your journal Zelly, but I picked back up on p. 105, and I'm so excited for you!!! Hooray for the BHAG!!!!! :D
Take care of yourself, and enjoy the taper!

I have not heard of those bandaids but I'll see if I can find them! Thanks.

Do you have a blister? I thought I heard that somewhere, but you don't seem to have mentioned it...
Haha, I kid. I hope the blister heals up soon, and I can't wait for you to rock Chicago in 2 weeks!! Almost time for an awesome well-earned victory lap!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter