It's a Solo DISventure for DIS20! Update 9/9 **Complete**

We walk out to a private Illuminations!

Once the concert was over we headed right out to World Showcase lagoon as our private Illuminations was about to begin! Illuminations is my favorite nighttime fireworks show so I was so excited to have a private showing of it.

full

We watched the show right outside World Showplace basically. We were allowed to go anywhere from Canada to Mexico. Since the show started in 5 minutes we found a spot close.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

And that was that! I loved watching this show surrounded by Disers. After Illuminations we headed back to ride Soarin!

Last edited:
I really enjoy Soarin and was interested to compare it to my ride the previous day on Flight of Passage. That queue is quite the walk when you have little to no wait to get on.

full

full

full

Originally we were in line for concourse B but they moved us to C. This would be my first time on the side and I was interested to see the distortion.

full

full

Soarin is still a lot of fun however the movement is so light compared to Flight of Passage. The distortion could definitely be seen too. The Eiffel tower and Taj Mahal aren't supposed to be curved like they appear in the film. FoP and Soarin are similar but still completely different.

After that we headed back for another ride on Test Track. Can you tell I got a little sun that day?

full

Phil and I were carpooling with two others back to Pop so we headed towards the land to meet up with them. The party was sadly over. It was 1AM and it flew by so quickly.

full

Soon this area will change...

full

full

IMG_6043.JPG

And that was the end of the night! One of the best Disney days I had ever had!

Okay, I still figuring out how to use the Dis photo option instead of Photobucket. I only showed my iPhone photos in this update. I have some great shots from my DSLR but it says I am out of space in the DIS gallery which only allowed 50MB I guess?

What a magical night and a great way to end with a private showing of Illuminations.
Nice bonus being able to ride Soarin and TT.
We ride in concourse C and A once and the distortion was horrible.

Great night at Epcot. So awesome to just be able to walk out of the concert and great viewing for Illuminations. Top that off with no waits for Soarin' and Test Track and seems like the perfect evening.

Private viewing would be awesome!!

It sure looks like it hurts (your sun exposure)

It was!

It actually didn't!

What a magical night and a great way to end with a private showing of Illuminations.
Nice bonus being able to ride Soarin and TT.
We ride in concourse C and A once and the distortion was horrible.

It was awesome!

Yeah that was my first time in C and that was definitely noticeable.

Great night at Epcot. So awesome to just be able to walk out of the concert and great viewing for Illuminations. Top that off with no waits for Soarin' and Test Track and seems like the perfect evening.

It was a great evening!

Private Illuminations. I'm so jealous. That's one of the (many) reasons that I was super bummed that I couldn't go (Jody Benson is another one ... I love The Little Mermaid and she has such a beautiful voice).
It really does sound like a perfect Disney day - it's sad that it had to end, but at least you have all of these awesome memories that will stay with you for the rest of your life! (or at least until you get to the point where your memories start to disappear ... but at least then you have the pictures).

And yes, wear sunscreen. Lots of it. And reapply throughout the day. Sunburn is not fun ... even on the rare occasion that it doesn't hurt, it's still really bad for your skin.

Private Illuminations. I'm so jealous. That's one of the (many) reasons that I was super bummed that I couldn't go (Jody Benson is another one ... I love The Little Mermaid and she has such a beautiful voice).
It really does sound like a perfect Disney day - it's sad that it had to end, but at least you have all of these awesome memories that will stay with you for the rest of your life! (or at least until you get to the point where your memories start to disappear ... but at least then you have the pictures).

And yes, wear sunscreen. Lots of it. And reapply throughout the day. Sunburn is not fun ... even on the rare occasion that it doesn't hurt, it's still really bad for your skin.
It was amazing! It will definitely be a trip I remember forever because it was so different.

Yes I know. For some reason it didn't even cross my mind that day especially since I was on the move constantly.

What an awesome night! I've never been a big fan of Illuminations, but honestly I haven't actually watched it in almost 10 years!! It's probably about time I give it another go, I'd say :)

Thanks for sharing--what a memorable experience!

What an awesome night! I've never been a big fan of Illuminations, but honestly I haven't actually watched it in almost 10 years!! It's probably about time I give it another go, I'd say :)

Thanks for sharing--what a memorable experience!
It was amazing! Illuminations is my favorite nighttime show although I haven't see HEA yet.

Great pictures from the concert ... and seems like the song Disneyland was a favorite of just about everyone that was there

and while those are nice Illuminations pictures I think it just doesn't do it justice to how great it was to be just right at the front row with tons of space around you and just taking it all in. Really was a bit of a "Disney high" to come right out of the Jodi Benson concert and walk up to seeing Illuminations

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter