It's a Solo DISventure for DIS20! Update 9/9 **Complete**

Great pictures from the concert ... and seems like the song Disneyland was a favorite of just about everyone that was there

and while those are nice Illuminations pictures I think it just doesn't do it justice to how great it was to be just right at the front row with tons of space around you and just taking it all in. Really was a bit of a "Disney high" to come right out of the Jodi Benson concert and walk up to seeing Illuminations
Yeah I think because the Disneyland song was newish to everyone it was a hit.

I agree, I have never been able to walk up 5 minutes before Illuminations and have so many great viewing options available.

And that was the end of the night! One of the best Disney days I had ever had!

Sounds like it was all such a great experience! Private Illuminations had to be great. We didn't get a chance to see it on most recent but I hope to see it in October when I'm down for Food and Wine.

Sounds like it was all such a great experience! Private Illuminations had to be great. We didn't get a chance to see it on most recent but I hope to see it in October when I'm down for Food and Wine.
It was awesome! I love illuminations and having our own private one was out of this world.

Soarin is still a lot of fun however the movement is so light compared to Flight of Passage. The distortion could definitely be seen too. The Eiffel tower and Taj Mahal aren't supposed to be curved like they appear in the film. FoP and Soarin are similar but still completely different.
There's only so much you can do about stuff like that when you project onto a curved screen. Imax uses a fisheye lens in front of the projector for it to show films on the Imax dome or Omni max screen. I believe they did upgrade it from the old Imax film projectors to the new laser ones that they spent a couple of years testing at an old Imax theatre here in Toronto Canada before they started using them in theres and other places wher Imax was insatled.

There's only so much you can do about stuff like that when you project onto a curved screen. Imax uses a fisheye lens in front of the projector for it to show films on the Imax dome or Omni max screen. I believe they did upgrade it from the old Imax film projectors to the new laser ones that they spent a couple of years testing at an old Imax theatre here in Toronto Canada before they started using them in theres and other places wher Imax was insatled.
True however the old film was not nearly as distorted as the current one.

True however the old film was not nearly as distorted as the current one.
I would say it was less noticeable because they weren't much usually at the top of the screen, If you looked close enough you could see iDisneylandyalnd and in the fas shot through LA towards the end.

The final day...

I kind of slept in this day as I didn't have a major reason to wake up early. I first finished making up and then headed over to resort airline check in. This service is one of my favorite. I don't have to worry about anything until I get home! After send my bag away I checked my carry on at bell services. Once I was baggage free it was off to Disney Springs!

IMG_5989.JPG

I was sporting my DIS badge along with my Connecting with Walt T-Shirt.

IMG_5990.JPG

Planet Hollywood was not open when I was here last...

IMG_5993.JPG

Edison work continues...

IMG_5994.JPG

IMG_5995.JPG

IMG_5996JPG.jpg

One of my favorite dining places at the springs, Boathouse.

IMG_5997JPG.jpg

IMG_5999JPG.jpg

Another addition I had not seen open in person yet is Paddlefish. Maybe someday I will try this place.

Continued...

Attachments

• IMG_5995JPG.jpg
    IMG_5995JPG.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 2

I of course did some shopping but in all honesty don't remember what I bought. I didn't buy much but I picked up some small things for myself and family members.

They had this cool image outside World of Disney.

IMG_6001JPG.jpg

I passed by Polite Pig another new addition I hope to try eventually.

IMG_6002JPG.jpg

I did stop and sprinkles to buy a cupcake but didn't eat it right away.

IMG_6005JPG.jpg

I then just took a seat for a while to kill some time before my lunch the Springs can be rather peaceful.

IMG_6006JPG.jpg

IMG_6004JPG.jpg

IMG_6007JPG.jpg

Soon enough it was time for my lunch ADR. I was trying the ever popular Homecomin'! I was very excited to try it out. Since I was solo I took a seat at the bar. For my beverage I had some Sweet Tea.

IMG_6009JPG.jpg

As for my meal I had the good ole Fried Chicken!

IMG_6010JPG.jpg

Holy Cow! This meal was awesome! I was stuffed by the end of it and I can't wait to go back here. Everything from the chicken, to the potatoes, to the pickles was excellent. The service was also very good. Two ladies worked the bar area and did an excellent job with those there. I currently have this place booked for January but that is subject to change.

Outside there is a mural on the backside of Morimoto. Please tell me I am not the only one who thinks this is creepy. This woman was staring into my soul! That's probably because I sat on a bench outside for a while...

IMG_6008JPG.jpg

I've got an ADR for Homecomin' in January as well. I'm really excited to give it a try. All the reviews have been great that I've seen. I do love some good fried chicken!

Sounds like a nice morning at Disney Springs!

I don't think I have heard a single bad thing about Homecomin'. That place seems to be universally well-liked. That's pretty impressive.

Time to relax!

After my meal at Disney Springs I went over to the Boardwalk to pick up my Dis auction winnings. I won some Tsums Tsums for my sister as well as Dave Avanzino shadow box piece. Jackie and Teresa were in the auction room while I was there so I chatted with them for a bit. After my piece got packaged up I headed out and went to Ample Hills. I hadn't been able to try their ice cream yet so I was excited to try it out.

IMG_6013JPG.jpg

I decided on Ooey Gooey Butter Cake. It was excellent and now it will be tough to choose between a no way jose at Beaches and Cream or this.

IMG_6022JPG.jpg

While sitting there I happened to see @nolanboys I had met her earlier in the trip so it was nice to see her again. We actually would both be going to the Patreon meet up in a little bit. After ice cream I walked around the boardwalk and took some photos.

IMG_6016JPG.jpg

IMG_6018JPG.jpg

IMG_6023JPG.jpg

IMG_6020JPG.jpg

This is by far my favorite resort area.

IMG_7396JPG.jpg

It was a hot day so the pool was busy...

IMG_7402JPG.jpg

IMG_7404JPG.jpg

Yacht Club rooms were being refurbed while I was there.

IMG_7410JPG.jpg

Love the Boardwalk area. Not only is it so pretty, it's also that place at the end of the races when you know you are nearly done! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!