It's August, time to go to Disney! A 2018 PTR. updated with final plans/changes 08/15!

The day after 4 parks/1 day craziness aka sleep/rest/relax aka Day 3 plans.....

Well no, we aren't going to sleep ALL day but after being on the go for basically 15 hours the day before I think a lazy morning is definitely in order.
We will order in some groceries to have in the room so will probably enjoy some fruit and yogurt when we finally roll out of bed, as well as some coffee to get us going. The plan is to take a stroll around the resort and maybe over to the GF as well. Then we are going to hit the volcano pool for some R&R followed by a light lunch at Captain Cooks. The last time I stayed at the Poly back in 2010 I was obsessed with the Polynesian Chicken Salad so was very happy to see it still on the menu. We may go for the Pulled Pork Nachos as well and just split the two items.

Park time is definitely in the plans and our park today is Hollywood Studios! I love evening EMH so was very happy to see extended EMH for HS for the duration of our trip. We will probably head out around 3 pm as I would love to catch "March of the First Order" before heading to dinner at Sci-Fi Drive In! Other highlights of the day include;

1. Rockin' Roller Coaster
  2. Tower of Terror (especially after dark!)
  3. Meet Chewbacca!
  4. Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
  5. 1st showing of Fantasmic
  6. Star Wars Galactic Spectacular
  7. Slinky Dog Roller Coaster
  8. Ice cream at Hollywood Scoops

We are looking forward to a fun filled day! I am especially looking forward to dinner at Sci-Fi as my niece loves old science fiction movies and cult classics so will really love the whole vibe here.

Sounds like a good day after 4 parks. Love the pulled pork nachos and Sci-fi diner! I was glad to see the extended EMH for DHS.

Excited to be following along. Sounds like a really fun trip.
I'm getting ready to go on a solo trip. Off to read your older reports :)

Sounds like a good day after 4 parks. Love the pulled pork nachos and Sci-fi diner! I was glad to see the extended EMH for DHS.
Thanks Caroline! How are your plans coming along? I need to pop over and get caught up on your latest PTR!

Excited to be following along. Sounds like a really fun trip.
I'm getting ready to go on a solo trip. Off to read your older reports :)
:welcome:So nice to have you along! I am very excited about this trip but really love my solo trips as well. Is your solo your next trip? And you are at AKL? I absolutely LOVED AKL last summer. What view did you book? I really lucked out with a partial savanna view on Zebra Trail that was super close to the Mara and the pool. It was awesome! Are you doing a PTR as well?

Last edited:

Thanks Caroline! How are your plans coming along? I need to pop over and get caught up on your latest PTR!

:welcome:So nice to have you along! I am very excited about this trip but really love my solo trips as well. Is your solo your next trip? And you are at AKL? I absolutely LOVED AKL last summer. What view did you book? I really lucked out with a partial savanna view on Zebra Trail that was super close to the Mara and the pool. It was awesome! Are you doing a PTR as well?

Thank you. Yes AKL in a couple of weeks, solo. Very, very excited.
I booked Standard view and have made a request through touring plans for a room on zebra trail w/ quick access to stairwell down to pool. fingers crossed!
Not doing a Pre-trip report but will probably post a live report:earboy2:

Thank you. Yes AKL in a couple of weeks, solo. Very, very excited.
I booked Standard view and have made a request through touring plans for a room on zebra trail w/ quick access to stairwell down to pool. fingers crossed!
Not doing a Pre-trip report but will probably post a live report:earboy2:
I will look forward to your live report! My room number was 2546 and had a very nice partial savannah view as well as quick access to the pool/Mara.

So what's happening on Day 4???

We are lucky enough to have EMH on this day, so will be at the launch by 7:30, ready to head over for a fun filled morning at the Magic Kingdom!
Our plan is to hit all the classics, starting on Main Street USA.....
  1. Take in the Main Street Trolley show
  2. Watch the Dapper Dans
  3. Ride Jungle Cruise
  4. Tiki Room
  5. Pirates
  6. BTMR
  7. Snacks at Gaston's or Cheshire Cat Cafe
  8. People Mover
We need to be on our way out of the park by about 10:15 as we will be taking a ride across Bay Lake to Fort Wilderness Campground for breakfast/brunch at
Trail's End!!

This is a new restaurant to me and I am very excited to try it out after reading many positive reviews of it. After eating ALL the food, we will head back to the Poly and grab our swim bags. We will order a Minnie Van and soon be on our way to a fun filled afternoon at Typhoon Lagoon! I am going to see how much the reserved loungers are as it might be nice to have seating secured, rather than wander around the park trying to find a spot.

After our adventures at Typhoon Lagoon, we will head back to the Poly to relax for a bit. Dinner plans for this evening are a bit up in the air. We might just grab something quick from Captain Cook's or order in the Twilight Feast from room service. Another option is heading to Disney Springs but I am thinking after a busy day, a relaxing resort evening might be just right. HS has EMH that evening from 10:30 to 12:30 so we may hop over there later on as nothing beats ToT at night.

Every time I plan something else, out I get more and more excited for our trip! 88 days to go!!!!

That sounds super fun. MK first thing in the morning is my favorite:cool1:
Trail's End was new to me in January. We were staying in a cabin and loved the Fort. Trail's End was really good and very fresh.

Looks like another great day! We always hit up MK in the early morning for EMH. I still think MK is the best bang for your buck with EMH. We always get so much done.

We ate at TE’s for dinner once about 3 years ago, it was good. You just gave me a great idea for our Saturday morning after DHS late night. I have Chef Mickey brunch but TE food is way better and cost is much better! I am going to switch.

That sounds super fun. MK first thing in the morning is my favorite:cool1:
Trail's End was new to me in January. We were staying in a cabin and loved the Fort. Trail's End was really good and very fresh.
I love MK in the morning too, you beat the heat and the lines! I'm glad to hear you had a positive experience at Trail's End. I am really looking forward to it. :) You must be so excited for your trip! Only 5 more days!:yay:I hope you write a TR!

I still think MK is the best bang for your buck with EMH. We always get so much done.

We ate at TE’s for dinner once about 3 years ago, it was good. You just gave me a great idea for our Saturday morning after DHS late night. I have Chef Mickey brunch but TE food is way better and cost is much better! I am going to switch.
I'm with you, Caroline. There is so much open and you knock a lot off your list in a very short time. I'm happy you enjoyed Trail's End as well and hope that it is a good fit for your dining plans this time too. Plus you can walk over from Wilderness Lodge along the nice nature path, which is a total bonus!

Oooh, I'm intrigued. What does this entail?!
This is a Poly only deal.....it is the full O'hana meal delivered to your room! It's $50/adult and supposedly will feed 2 with one order. There are some reports of the portions being a bit smaller lately but I am thinking we might try it.

I quickly started planning for a 8 day/7 night adventure at AKL in

:love: Animal Kingdom Lodge is my absolute favorite, I bet that was a lovely trip.

After weighing all the options, I decided to splurge a little and booked the Polynesian!!!

Yayyyy!! I knew this from my TR, but so excited for you!

Arrival night dinner at Via Napoli (artichoke pizza anyone???)

That sounds so good - the pizzas always look amazing, but I've never ended up there!

Early dinner at Sci-Fi (I am predicting this to be one of my niece's faves)

I'm eating there in June! Really excited, haven't been back since 2005 and I was a much pickier eater then.

Lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern (Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake!!!!)

This is something I've wanted to try for so long but I never seem to book table service ADRs in MK. Please report back and make me extra jealous.

I have requested early check in but will be happy to hang by the pool and explore the resort.

Hope you get it! One of my biggest regrets is that I never got in the pool at Poly, but it wasn't the best pool weather, sadly.

We may be crazy but our day 2 plans are the infamous 4 parks/1 day challenge!!

This sounds like so much fun!!

On to Day 5!!

Why oh why do Disney trips go by so fast?? Even in the planning stages, the time just seems to fly by.
If we do end up at HS for the late EMH on Friday evening, a bit of a sleepy, relaxing morning will be in order. I am feeling either an Epcot vibe for this morning or possibly Disney Springs.
I am looking at bringing some easy breakfast foods from home (protein bars/ oatmeal etc) for days where we don't have formal breakfast plans. That way we can enjoy a quick breakfast in the room before heading out. I am still not 100% in love with the new Disney Springs, I guess I miss the old "Disneyish" Downtown Disney. However, I am willing to give it a chance and may spend the morning exploring DS, especially for Cherry Tree Lane for dresses and Dooney bags! If we do end up at DS, I am thinking either Polite Pig or DeLuxe burger will be an option for lunch. We would want to be back at the Poly by about 2 pm so we can chill by the pool before heading out to MK for the evening.

I have never experienced the early evening Flag retreat so would really enjoy seeing that. We have dinner reservations this evening at a new to me restaurant....

The Plaza!!
I am so excited to try the fried green tomato sandwich and I can see my niece going for the Club sandwich or the chicken sandwich. I have never met a bread pudding that I didn't fall head over heels in love with, so am thinking we may need to try the Butterscotch Bread Pudding here. I love caramel, so this sounds like something right up my alley.

Currently park hours are until 9 pm which seems awfully early. I am really hoping they extend until at least 10 pm, if not later. We are thinking of hitting our classic favourites this evening as well as taking in Happily Ever After. Initially I was not the biggest fan of HEA but I have come to love it as much (
maybe even more, shhh!) as I loved Wishes. I may listen to the soundtrack a few times a week and sobbed like a baby when I saw it in person for the first time last summer.

On the way back to the Poly, it would be amazing to see the Electrical Water Pageant so will keep my fingers crossed for that.

Last edited:
I liked your Trails End brunch idea so we are doing this the Saturday after our late night at DHS! I like a few hours at DS and a meal there but it really does nothing for me now! The Plaza is a good choice.

Here catching up! And the one thing that stuck out to me is Pulled Pork Nachos from Capt. Cooks :love: Oh how I envy anyone who is able to eat them when I can't!

All of your plans sound awesome and I particularly like your 4 park day. Steve and I have done 3 parks and you're making me want to try 4 on our next trip sans the boys. I'd probably even require Steve to do a character meet everywhere!

I like a few hours at DS and a meal there but it really does nothing for me now! The Plaza is a good choice.
It certainly isn't the park it used to be. I still enjoy a visit there but it isn't a full day destination for me. I am so excited about the Plaza! That fried green tomato sandwich is calling my name!

Here catching up! And the one thing that stuck out to me is Pulled Pork Nachos from Capt. Cooks :love: Oh how I envy anyone who is able to eat them when I can't!

All of your plans sound awesome and I particularly like your 4 park day. Steve and I have done 3 parks and you're making me want to try 4 on our next trip sans the boys. I'd probably even require Steve to do a character meet everywhere!
I can't wait to try the Pulled Pork Nachos! Yes, you and Steve definitely need to try 4parks/1 day.....it is SO fun!

Hi Susan! I didn't realize you'd started a PTR, but I'm here now. It looks like our trip dates will be overlapping, so maybe we'll run into you again! (Either intentionally, or like last time as a happy accident!) I don't think our parks days are overlapping as much this time around, but we may still cross paths once or twice.

How special for you to spend this time with your niece!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter