It's empty!

Skyegirl1999

DIS Veteran
We rolled into the Toy Story lot at 7:45 and were in row 2 of cars. Made it in the park, booking our first Maxpass, at 8:12. Took Christmas tree pictures, rode Star Tours, Buzz, Carousel, Mr. Toad, and Casey Jr - all legitimate walk-ons - in less than an hour. Star Tours had an empty row and the carousel was maybe 1/3 full. We have Small World and HMH FPs booked.

It's a complete change from Thursday two weeks ago! That wasn't terrible, but it sure wasn't empty.

That's how it seemed when we were there this past weekend. We were shocked at the low crowds. I've seen a couple photos of areas looking packed on Sunday (like NOS), but the crowds must have left by the time we got there Sunday afternoon. We were able to get more done in a couple days than a whole week last September/October.

We were there yesterday morning and it was fantastic! We did so much despite arriving later at 9:45. Even rode Dumbo, Alice and Storybookland canal boats, which we usually have to skip due to the long lines.

I felt like it was pretty busy last week - which was what I was expecting based on the hotel occupancy rates. This week and next were not near as booked. So seems the first week has been the busiest so far. Have to keep that in mind for next year when everyone asks if first week is the slowest.

I don’t have a subscription but can see some dates on touring plans and they have Monday the 18th being more crowded than the 17th. That seems odd, wonder why?

UPDATE: No longer empty!

So, we left at 3:30, and people were showing up in DROVES. You could definitely tell it's the last day for the low-tier APs based on the crazy lines at security and trying to get into the Toy Story Lot (backed up down Harbor)... seems that everyone's trying to get one last evening in!

We had a lovely day, though, with remarkably low crowds until after 2. We did waaaaaay more than I expected for this time of year!

UPDATE: No longer empty!

So, we left at 3:30, and people were showing up in DROVES. You could definitely tell it's the last day for the low-tier APs based on the crazy lines at security and trying to get into the Toy Story Lot (backed up down Harbor)... seems that everyone's trying to get one last evening in!

We had a lovely day, though, with remarkably low crowds until after 2. We did waaaaaay more than I expected for this time of year!

Guess everybody is coming after school/work for one last go round of the year. Wonder if it will be fairly quiet again tomorrow when many are blocked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!