It's gonna be an oven, but WE'RE GOING TO WDW in AUGUST!!! Final thoughts

You ordered exactly what I am planning on getting at Tiffins! Except I think I may have to try that chocolate ganache dessert....even if I only have room for one or two bites. So glad you loved ROL.....I am so looking forward to it! Sounds like a perfect AK day.....glad you had fun and I look forward to hearing about your adventures today. :)

Sometimes the app sends them to the wrong place and just gives them a general area. When Jenna and I were in Chicago we were at the aquarium, but the app marked us as being in the middle of a main road a ways away :confused: I also think sometimes at Disney they may have just gotten confused with the signage or missed a turn and pulled into where they thought it was or something because that's happened to us too. It's pretty standard they would text you if they were lost so you didn't do anything wrong!

Very strange. Glad it isn't just me though. We may end up taking Uber again tonight because we are planning to go to POR and it will be a pain to get back from there. I will see if there's a way to try to make sure they go to the main lobby!

We don't get it either :rotfl: During the AP preview we only waited 5 mins each time so we probably won't ride it again this time if there's a long wait.

I don't get it for this, or for ANY ride for that matter. 60 minutes is ridiculous to stand around and wait for anything...especially with people complaining all around you lol I mean I can see when a ride is closing like TGMR was the other day, and the energy of the crowd probably made it bearable, but...still...not for me...lol

You ordered exactly what I am planning on getting at Tiffins! Except I think I may have to try that chocolate ganache dessert....even if I only have room for one or two bites. So glad you loved ROL.....I am so looking forward to it! Sounds like a perfect AK day.....glad you had fun and I look forward to hearing about your adventures today. :)

This was so so good! I think I would also have liked to try the salmon entree, sounded good too. As did so many of the appetizers. My one and only complaint about Tiffins was that it was FREEZING in there. I mean, I'm all about the AC when you are dying of heat. But we had just gotten wet in the rain, and then went inside and FROZE during our whole dinner. It actually took a while to warm up outside after because the sun had set. It was still hot out but after dinner we didn't mind!

Back in the room for our usual mid-day break. I'm going to miss that when we go home lol. Trying to convince DD to go to the pool with me and then maybe one of those little boats. She isn't very enthused about the idea...but I really wanna...we'll see if I can't turn her around on the idea :) Mom guilt perhaps lol

Anyway...it's been a great morning at MK. We got up and got over there about 15 minutes before RD and lined up with the crowds on the bridge into TL. This time we were headed for PP if it killed me lol. We headed there with the masses. Now this I don't get...we were at PP about 5 minutes after rope drop and there was already a 20 minute wait!! How the HECK did all those people get there ahead of us? Was there a secret passage I didn't know about??? We went left right around the castle and got there pretty darn quick I thought! Anyway, we got to ride PP and I was happy, but I was just really surprised by that. I would have liked to get more than one SB ride in on that but by the time we were out of our first ride the SB wait was already up to 45 minutes. So we took a pass on that and headed over to HM. Oh and in case you are interested I stopped for a banana since breakfast had been a granola bar and I was starving.

We headed in to see our fave spirits with a minimal wait. While we were in line there, we decided to change our later FP that we had for HM to one for something else. We settled on WTP because the times worked out well. After HM we headed back to PP because we had an FP for it, so at least now over the whole trip I've had my 3 rides on my fave PP and hoping for one more tomorrow night on our last night. I liked that today we got to see both the SB queue and the FP queue for PP. There is some neat stuff in the SB queue...but still...enough to keep kids occupied for 60 minutes...I think not!! We got our ride in and I think I got some decent pics of my fave scenes in it.

After that, we headed to some Under the Sea action with Ariel. Next up, we went to go see what delicacies the Cheshire Cafe had. They used to have the cupcake cups but I didn't think they did anymore, but they always seem to have something good. And indeed this time did not disappoint. We had the Cheshire Cat Tail. This thing was divine. It was like a long, flakey, chocolate stuffed croissant, drizzled with lots of delicious icing on the outside. DD had initially said she didn't want any, but when we discovered the chocolate inside she was all over it. Which was good because then I didn't eat the entire thing by myself.

We finished our snack sitting outside the tea cups and pondered what to do next. We wandered the shops a bit and then we decided to get a last minute FP for WTP. I don't get how we were able to do this, but the SB wait time was 35 minutes??? WTH. Anyway, we went on this and actually overheard a tour group going by - I'm not sure which tour this was, but I heard the guide talking about how WTP used to be Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I REMEMBER this ride...but for some reason I didn't remember it being where WTP is now - I guess with all the new area etc, it just seems so different than my memory from when I was a kid. But I do recall that it was one of my faves back in the day. I also remember 20000 leagues under the sea being near there too?? I remember loving that also. ANYWAY, I digress. We had a nice ride on WTP. After that, we decided to see what else we could do in TL. We ended up on the PM because - why not!! Then after that, we were starting to get hungry again and though it was still early, we thought we'd beat the crowds to lunch. We thought we'd try our luck with an early walk up to the Plaza...but the wait was already 40 minutes...so uh...no. We ended up at Cosmic Rays. DD had...wait for it...chicken nuggets. I got the kids meal with Uncrustables lol. I love these things and wanted something not deep fried and not too big so this was perfect. With a few fries of course :).

After lunch, we had a FP for DD's new fave ride - TL Speedway. Now that she has discovered driving the car herself...she is all over this ride. But man...even with FP...it was HOT up on that bridge waiting to get on the ride. Once we got on it was ok, but we were melting by that point. We had a fun ride...a little jerky at times :) When we were done there, we checked out what we could get for another FP and there was some available, but nothing soon enough for us...as we were planning to head out of the park shortly for our break time :) So we moseyed towards the exit and slowly made our way down Main St and out. We decided to take the MR back to the CR because we were feeling lazy, and hot! So we were back "home" in just a few minutes. Love that about the CR.

That's it for now...we are chilling out for a bit...again...still hoping DD will reconsider the pool and a boat ride :) Later we are planning to head to DS for dinner and then over to POR for some Yeehaw Bob (or Sideshow Bob as I like to call it lol)

Later

Glad you liked Tiffins! yeah-dining plan wouldn't work for us either as that is not how we eat. And I ended up cancelling the RoL package and just doing a regular dinner-glad I did as we didn't stay for RoL; something for next trip. Didnt see FotLK this trip either-definitely making that a priority in November...
Yay for PP!! And People Mover is one of my favorite ways to chill at MK. Along with HM of course!

Sounds like another couple of good days for you guys!

Hi Kathy! Great report :) I am wondering if you could give your impressions of the Riverside later? That will be our home in, count 'em---TEN DAYS. Sooooo excited!!!!!! I'm curious because we've never been there; the last Disney resort I was at was the All-Star Sports back in 1998.....sadly, "Sideshow Bob" will be on vacation when we're there, we'll have to catch him another time ;-)
Thanks much, enjoying your thoughts.

Sounds like another couple of good days for you guys!

Yes it has been! Tomorrow is our last full day. So sad. Have to make the most of it!!

I am wondering if you could give your impressions of the Riverside later? That will be our home in, count 'em---TEN DAYS. Sooooo excited!!!!!! I'm curious because we've never been there; the last Disney resort I was at was the All-Star Sports back in 1998.....sadly, "Sideshow Bob" will be on vacation when we're there, we'll have to catch him another time ;-)

Riverside looked really nice. We stayed at POFQ last time in 2015 and I really liked it there. Riverside I think is great because you can boat to DS and it's really pretty. I think the only down side to it might be that it is very huge, so you could potentially be quite a walk from the lobby and restaurants, so if there is anything you can do to request a room close to the action, I would do that. But otherwise, it looks really nice and there are good food options and the pool looked nice too. Too bad Yeehaw Bob won't be there, it was a lot of fun...I will say more in that in a sec!

Good evening!! Popping in for an update as DD is getting ready for bed. I will have to be quick because she doesn't like to be kept up later when we get back to the room, since we do have an early morning tomorrow planned.

When I left you I was trying to convince DD to go on one of those little Sea Raycer boats with me. She finally caved and we did it! It was CRAZY HOT out there, but so fun, and I'm glad we did it. You could go all over Bay Lake and around to where the FW and WL are and you were also even allowed to go over to where the Poly and the GF are, but when we got close, the big MK ferries started going by and we got a little intimidated by them, so we turned around and high tailed it out of there lol. We puttered around and got great views of the CR and the WL though, which was fun and just a neat perspective on the area. We also got to go over the bridge that is also a river that goes over the road? That was kind of neat too, but I was too focussed on not crashing to pay too much attention lol.

After that, we were a sweaty mess so I jumped in the pool. DD wanted to lounge in the room with her ipad of course! Teens these days lol. I lounged by the pool for a bit and then headed up to the room for a rest and shower too. Good thing because that's when the afternoon downpour arrived on schedule around 4pm. It was really coming down for a while and we started second guessing our evening plans. We ended up just going down to the Contempo Cafe for some food, but we wanted to make it a small dinner, because we had other plans for dessert!! We shared a kids meal of a cheeseburger with some fruit.

When we were finished dinner, we came back up to the room for a bit and hoped that the rain would die down, which thankfully it eventually did. We got on a bus over to Disney Springs with one thing on our minds. Going back to Sprinkles for another cupcake Sundae lol. These things would be the death of me if there was one nearby. As our bus arrived at DS the rain started again but it was only light. We got to Sprinkles and tried to decide what to get. DD ended up with a chocolate cupcake with red velvet ice cream. I got the S'mores cupcake with vanilla ice cream. They were both delicious, but the funny thing is, I actually liked that random combo that I got the first time - banana cupcake with cap'n crunch ice cream - even better! Now I know lol.

After our treats, we made our way to the boat docks because we were trying to get over to POR for some Yeehaw Bob! We were very lucky again with the rain because as soon as we were seated on the boat, the heavens opened up! We put on our ponchos so we were ready when it was time to get off at POR and we didn't get too wet getting into the River Roost when we arrived. We got a great table, ordered some drinks, and soon Yeehaw Bob was coming around to introduce himself to each table! Such a nice touch and we even got a selfie with him!!

We really enjoyed this show. He is so much fun, and seriously for all ages and especially Disney fans of course. I won't spoil it but it's a good time and I think worth making the trek over to POR even if you aren't staying there. We didn't stay to the end because DD was tired and didn't want to get to bed too late, but I'm glad we went. We were going to take an Uber but just as we got to the lobby we saw an MK bus pull up, so we hopped on and then walked from the MK back over to the CR, and here we are getting ready for bed and sadly...tomorrow is our last full day at WDW. :((((

Goodnite all!!

Yes it has been! Tomorrow is our last full day. So sad. Have to make the most of it!!

Riverside looked really nice. We stayed at POFQ last time in 2015 and I really liked it there. Riverside I think is great because you can boat to DS and it's really pretty. I think the only down side to it might be that it is very huge, so you could potentially be quite a walk from the lobby and restaurants, so if there is anything you can do to request a room close to the action, I would do that. But otherwise, it looks really nice and there are good food options and the pool looked nice too. Too bad Yeehaw Bob won't be there, it was a lot of fun...I will say more in that in a sec!
Oh thank you Kathy!!! Yes, very much looking forward to the Riverside. I am so very happy you and your DD are enjoying your time there and having a blast! What great memories for you two :) Thanks again!!!!!!

Sounds like yesterday was perfect but how can today be your last full day??? So glad to hear you loved Yeehaw Bob and those cupcake sundaes looked divine! Now that I totally switched around my HS day I will have to head to DS that evening so I can sample one of those. I am also eager to try out Polite Pig for the trio of sides. I will have to be sure to pack my workout gear or I am going to come home 10 lbs heavier!

The sea raycers sound like so much fun! What a nice way to experience the area. Looking forward to hearing about today's adventures. :)

More great reports and glad you convinced your daughter to do the SeaRaycers...my kids love those! Only got ot see Yeehaw Bob once, and we had to sit pretty far away, and nobody in my group really seemed impressed. I'd enjoy going back sometime by myself I think.

Those cupcake sundaes sound amazing too! We generally don't try to get over to Disney Springs too much but that certainly makes it tempting.

Sorry your last day is coming up but glad you've gotten so much done!

I'm sad too. I've really been enjoying your updates. I still have another week to wait. Going to have to find more live reports to keep me going. :) Thanks for sharing your fun with us!

Thanks for following! I too will be looking for more TR's to read to beat the post Disney blues soon...especially since I have no idea when I will be back :(

Oh thank you Kathy!!! Yes, very much looking forward to the Riverside. I am so very happy you and your DD are enjoying your time there and having a blast! What great memories for you two :) Thanks again!!!!!!

You will love it. And thanks for following! I am glad we were able to have this trip at the age DD is now. Before she stops wanting to hang out with me lol

Now that I totally switched around my HS day I will have to head to DS that evening so I can sample one of those. I am also eager to try out Polite Pig for the trio of sides. I will have to be sure to pack my workout gear or I am going to come home 10 lbs heavier!

For sure you do. I would totally go back to the Polite Pig and wished I could have tried more of the food there.

I'd enjoy going back sometime by myself I think.

Yes you should. If it had been just me I would have stayed longer too!!

Good afternoon all!! We are back at the CR for our last afternoon break :( But the day has been good so far, even if the sadness is in the background!!

We got up bright and early. We ran down to Contempo Cafe to grab something for breakfast. DD got a chocolate croissant, and I got a bagel. I put it through the toaster several times but it never actually toasted..oh well. Smeared some PB&J on it and voila, breakfast! We finished getting ready and headed down to the monorail because today we were heading over to Epcot for the morning.

Soon we were on our way to the TTC, but when we arrived, the Epcot monorail was down so they were directing everyone onto busses. There was one there which we dashed for as soon as we saw it, and soon we were on our way. We got to Epcot about 8:45am, so probably a few minutes later than we would have on the MR but not too bad. DD was mad at me again for dragging her out of bed at 7:00AM for a 9am Epcot opening...sigh...she still doesn't get the rope drop concept - ie: get there BEFORE things open....but I'm hoping that when she saw the hoardes dashing alongside us towards Soarin' that perhaps my madness made sense. Soon we were on our fave Epcot ride and flying around the world. Love the new Soarin'. When we got off, I really wanted to go for one more round because at that time the wait was still only 15 minutes and I knew that would be our only shot at riding one last time....but ....DD wasn't interested. Oh well. What can you do. Kids these days lol. She wanted to hit up Spaceship Earth so we headed that way, and enjoyed one last trip on the time machine with Judy Dench. After that, we planned to go ride Nemo again, but sadly it was down for maintenance. Oh well.

***edited*** forgot to mention!! We also did the Behind the Seeds tour!!

I can't believe I almost forgot to share. We had booked ourselves for the 10:30am Behind the Seeds tour so after SE, we headed over there. I loved this tour and I think DD really liked it too. I think she liked the learning part...but mostly the "behind the scenes" part as well, which I also thought was pretty darn cool. This is yet another thing that I loved about this longer trip, time to do something like this without feeling like you are missing out on a lot of ride time. I thought the melons were pretty awesome, and also @Steppesister we enjoyed our baggie of cucumbers too...since as noted previously...we have not had enough fibre on this trip lol. Also loved the Mickey ears shaped peppercorn plant. A really fun tour, and it is one of the cheaper behind the scenes experiences you can do, and I think it was worth it.

When that was done, it was time for our fave purple person, Figment :)

After Figment, we headed over towards Canada to see our old neighbour Stewart again who was working today too. We chatted with him for a while and he told us that some cool characters were around the corner, so we headed over and met Chip and Dale, and there were lot of other rare ones like Smee but the lines grew really quickly and by the time we were done with Chip and Dale, it was just too dang hot to stand around waiting for any others. So we passed on that. We ended up going to meet Joy and Sadness in air conditioned comfort instead! We decided to watch the Canada in circle vision movie because well, we're Canadian lol but also because I actually had not seen this show since I think some time in the 80's or 90's and I think it has had an update or two...which is good because back then I recall, all they sold in the shop was whale blubber soap and some other crap that most real Canadians had never even heard of. It's a bit better now, though I still think they need a Tim Horton's in the Canada pavilion. All the expats and snowbirds living in Florida would visit Epcot just for that if they did. But I digress...

After that bit of Canadiana, we ventured over towards Italy, in fact now in a bit of a hurry for our ADR at Via Napoli. It's funny because I had made an ADR there and then cancelled and remade a few times....I ended up not having it again until a couple days ago on this trip when we were going over the plans for today, and we decided it's better to have a planned air conditioned lunch than to try to find something in the heat, because without a plan, we have now discovered...we often end up in the first air conditioned place we find, and it doesn't always have what we want to eat. I was hesitant before this trip to make too many ADR's, but now knowing what it's really like here in August...I would make more rather than less ADR's I think. They are a nice break, which is much needed.

Anyway...we made it over to Italy and waited about 5 minutes before our table was ready. DD ordered the caprese salad and some plain pasta with parmesan. I got the Broccolini pizza, which was divine. I couldn't finish it, but it was pretty darn good. We thought about dessert...but I had other ideas...

After lunch...we were pretty much done. I wouldn't have minded checking out some more of the shops in WS, but DD wasn't having it. So we decided to exit Epcot out the back and head over to the BW to try Ample Hills Creamery. This place looked amazing and I really like trying different and unique ice cream flavours (among other desserts lol) so I was happy I finally convinced DD that it was worth the hot sweaty walk over there. Besides, it was closer than walking to the front of Epcot and back out that way!! So off we went.

When we got there, I had a moment of panic when from a distance I could see scaffolding out front of Ample Hills and I was worried it was closed for renos or something. But as we got closer, thankfully there was a sign saying they were still open, and in we went. It was really hard to decide what to get, but luckily even the smallest size comes with two flavours. I got Peppermint Pattie and Ooey Gooey cake. Both were delicious. DD got baked/unbaked which she thought was delicious but I did not try because, something about the texture of that does not appeal to me. But she liked it.

After that, we wandered to the lobby of the BC and over to their busses. We got on an MK bus pretty quickly and then were lazy and took the MR back to the CR from MK because...HOT. So that's where we are now. We are sadly tidying up the room and packing up now, but don't worry...not ALL the fun is over yet...we are heading over to MK for our last night, which is only fitting since we only will have to come back to the CR after, I thought this made the most sense!! I may even head down for a few mins of pool time now as well...though it looks a bit like the usual afternoon showers are coming in...I don't mind if it rains now, I just hope it stops by the time we want to head out tonight.

Later all!

Last edited:
Loving your report!
I LOVE that you mentioned Ample Hills....I so want to go there after our Epcot afternoon!!!!!!! Is it easy to find, after you leave Epcot?
Hope your last night there is amazing---Have fun :) :daisy:

and Ooey Gooey cake.

Ooo I can't wait to try Ample Hills! That's the flavor I thought sounded best.

I LOVE that you mentioned Ample Hills....I so want to go there after our Epcot afternoon!!!!!!! Is it easy to find, after you leave Epcot?

If you walk out the International Gateway part and walk past BC and YC to the Boardwalk it's one of the shops there. It should be easy to spot once you walk down the Boardwalk.

Yes, really easy. Like @Raeven said, walk out of international gateway and there are signs for the Boardwalk. You have to cross the bridge that goes left over the river towards the BW and then it's pretty close to the bridge. Definitely worth the trip.

Ooo I can't wait to try Ample Hills! That's the flavor I thought sounded best.

It was awesome. There were so many I wanted to try. I actually did get a little sample spoon taste of their She Sells Seashells flavour which was orange marshmallow with chocolate bits in it...that was also yummy but I thought it was a bit much for a whole cup of it.

I'm glad you are utilizing your afternoon breaks well. And so glad uou got to do PP a fee times. Enjoy your trip home. You guys have really accomplished a lot!

I'm glad you are utilizing your afternoon breaks well. And so glad uou got to do PP a fee times. Enjoy your trip home. You guys have really accomplished a lot!

Thanks!! We did get a lot done! There is always more to do next time though lol

Good morning all!! Sadly, it's our last morning and we will soon be departing on the Tragical Depress for the ride to the airport (a ridiculous 4 hours before our flight). But first, since I'm waiting for DD to get up...I can tell you about our last magical night!

I didn't end up making it down to the pool yesterday. DD wasn't having it, and it did look pretty grey out there. I didn't mind hanging in the room dozing and reading my book for a while though. About 5:45pm we got ready to head back out to our last night of fun at MK. Which luckily was just a quick walk way from the CR.

We walked on over and were soon strolling up Main St. Our first FP was for talking Mickey which again, is one of those things I never wanted to use an FP for since I was always more rushed to try to get rides done, but at this point we had pretty much ridden everything we wanted to, so it was a great use of FP for us (since at 6pm it was a 75 minute wait!!) We got in line for the FP line and were soon waiting to see the main mouse himself.

This was a really fun experience. He did the standard hellos and then DD tried to stump him with a question - just like with Kylo Ren, she asked "what's your favourite food?" He stalled a minute and then came back with "D, all of the above" which I thought was pretty imaginative. We laughed and gave our hugs, snapped our pics, and bid him goodbye. I think this was fun and a good thing to do on our last night.

After that, we wandered up Main St...when we came upon the Main Street Bakery, ie: Starbucks. DD had seen something about this Pink Drink that apparently was available at US locations but not in Canada, so she wanted to try it....but man the place was rammed...but once she has her mind on something ....well she comes by her stubbornness honestly...so we waited. And waited. Finally were were outta there, Pink Drink in hand. It was actually pretty good, but I would have preferred to get this at the airport than use precious last night at WDW time on it...but oh well.

Once we were done there, it was almost time for our Buzz FP so we headed over there. We were not doing too well on the scores this time, but we had a good ride! I do find the shooting on this one starts to hurt your hand after a while...I like the TSMM gun better lol!! Oh well. We had a good time.

After that, we headed over to HM to get in one more ride with our fave happy haunts. It was a lot of fun and I like the way the atmosphere at HM at night is a little more festive!!

When that was done, we weren't really sure what to do with ourselves...so what to do? The PM of course!! Off we went. Always fun and it was almost time for HEA so that was kind of different. We actually had hoped to ride Astro Orbiters but the line was still really long and that one moves very slowly so we didn't want to spend our last precious minutes in that one, so we gave it a pass. After PM we went back to FL for one last FP on my all time fave PP. We had a great ride and thought we would be done for the night....but alas...by the time FEA started, the line was miraculously down to only 20 minutes...so we got to ride again!! We were both thrilled about this.

We decided that a great last ride would be IASW so we hopped on there. Oh after having a caramel chocolate mickey apple for dinner I might add lol. After our huge Via Napoli lunch we were not really hungry so this hit the spot and at Disney on your last night....you can eat whatever you want for dinner, right? Anyway...we had a fun ride on IASW and we noticed at the end in the Goodbye scene...that they had our names on the screen!! WTH?? I wished I had my camera ready because we hadn't noticed this on our other rides on IASW on this trip...is this new? Do they only do it when crowds are lower?? It's kinda creepy actually, but also kinda cool. I mean, you know they know where you are with your MB at all times...but this really brought that to life lol.

After that it was time to call it a day so we started our walk out of the park. I tried to convince DD to have one last ride on the Jungle Cruise...but she was tired so we gave it a pass and walked back to the CR. I was really sad to leave the park...because I have no desire to head back to reality just get...but I guess it can't be avoided...

At least I can live vicariously through all the rest of your TR's right????

We got back to the CR and got into bed quickly as we had an early morning...sadly...to get ready to go home...

That's all I got...I will share some more thoughts later...but it's been a fab trip...and hope I get to do it again before too long!!

Later!!

Sounds like a perfect last park day! I just love Ample Hills! Isn't the ice cream delicious there? My favourite is the Ooey Gooey Butter Cake....mmm! How nice to see your old neighbour at Epcot. I hope one day they will give the Canadian pavilion a little love...it is pretty sad in there when you think of all the things they could do. Via Napoli sounds so yummy. I have been going back and forth on making an ADR there for my 4 parks day but I am still not sure where I will be and when.

Love the answer from Talking Mickey! That is funny. I need to go see him one of these days. I am definitely going to see Tink this time. Sometimes I feel a little weird as an adult on my own with character meets but I guess it's ok. Did you ever end up watching HEA? I am looking forward to it but will still find it weird without Wishes. Yes, I am that person who has the Wishes soundtrack on my phone and plays it in the car, much to the mortification of my teenagers! HM is my favourite too, I never tire of that ride.

Safe travels home today and thanks so much for sharing your trip with us! I'll be posting a lot to IG next week and may even be inspired to do a semi-live TR myself. :) I'll PM you the details for the Toronto area Disney Addicts meet and greet (the next one is October 1).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter