"It's Gonna be May!" - May PTR 2014

AddictedtoDoleWhip

DIS Veteran
Hello!

Welcome to my first ever PTR! :cheer2:

This will be my second trip to WDW, I will be going with my Mom. The last time we went was in 2012, and I have been dying to go back since we left. My mom and I live close to DL so we are well versed in DL knowledge, and I try to go as much as I can. :] On our previous trip we stayed at POR, the resort was lovely and it was a good first resort visit for us.

This time around we will be staying at AKL CL, which was a great surprise. At first we were looking at the Beach Club, but it was to pricey for us, so we considered Wilderness Lodge but finally decided on Animal Kingdom Lodge Savannah View, and after crunching numbers it was not much more to stay CL so.. yay! :cheer2:pixie dust:

Here is what our schedule looks like thus far feel free to critique!

May 17th: Arrive in Orlando, FL at around 5:45 am. [We are either planning on going to see La Nouba or doing the Waynami Safari. We haven't really decided yet.]
May 18th: Animal Kingdom day.
We have a early morning breakfast at Tusker's House.
Oddly enough we were able to get a BOG Dinner reservation at 545, so we were thinking of leaving the park at around 3 or 4, and arriving to eat. [We also got an e-mail from the concierge people stating they found a reservation on the 21st for us, which is our MK day... we may cancel this one.]
May 19th: EPCOT day.
- No plans for eating yet.
May 20th: Hollywood Studios
- Mama Melrose Fantasmic! Dining Package at 12:45 pm.
May 21st: Magic Kingdom Day
- Be Our Guest Dinner @ 630
- Wishes! or MSEP? Can't decide which to view first, as we will be returning to MK again. Would it be better to view both of them the same day since it's in the middle of the week and not the start of Memorial Day weekend yet?
May 22nd: EPCOT again! [More of a focus on World Showcase]
- Dinner at Garden Grill.
May 23rd: Magic Kingdom again.
- MSEP or Wishes, maybe?
May 24th: Animal Kingdom & Day of Departure. [mid afternoon departure :(]

Sounds like you have a great trip planned! I'm envious of your AK CL!!!

I'm quite excited! I am also a bit shocked about the AKL CL, I've never done any kind of club level before.

N'Sync reference! I see what you did there.;)

;) I am a huge fan of the 90's, and love N'sync! I was quite excited when I realized that I could use that as my thread title. I'm generally not good at creative titles so yay. :woohoo:

So I get to pick my FP+ options in 5 days!! :cheer2:

Here are my ideas for my FP+ options, feel free to critique them or give me some ideas. I am still not sure if there will be a FP+ option for the Mine Train, if it will be open by then... but I have an (*) by the ride that I will substitute for the Mine Train.

Animal Kingdom:
Expedition Everest
Dinosaur
Kilimanjaro Safari
[I may switch Dinosaur with the Kali River Rapids, I know it gets hot at AK, and is one of the hotter parks so more than likely I will switch Kali River Rapids with Dinosaur and use the Dinosaur FP+ on our departure day..does that sound like a good idea?]

EPCOT:
TT
Living with the Land
Spaceship Earth.
[plan on going straight to Soarin' when it opens.]

Hollywood Studios:
Toy Story Midway Mania
Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror
Star Tours: The Adventure Begins.
(I was thinking of doing Rock 'N' Roller Coaster instead of TSMM, but do you think it would be better to go straight to RnRC right at opening since most people will go to TSMM? I would like to ride TSMM twice, but that would mean going straight to TSMM and then straight to RnRC. would that be doable?)
Fantasmic Dining Package!

Magic Kingdom:
Space Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (*)
Peter Pan's Flight

EPCOT:
First thing run to TT.
Soarin FP+
Journey into Imagination with Figment
The Seas with Nemo & Friends
--
I didn't want to do Mission Space because my Mom gets motion sickness, and the last thing I want to do is have my Mom get sick and have the day be lost. I wasn't sure if Maelstrom would be worth a FP+, should we go from TT straight to Maelstrom? I don't think I will do the Character Spot either. It was fun the last time I went, but I figure if I do the character breakfasts that will be enough.

Magic Kingdom:
Splash Mountain
Space Mountain
Buzz Lightyear

Animal Kingdom:
Expedition Everest
Dinosaur
Safari.

Does this sound good?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter