It's just too dang easy...

Christmas shopping is my downfall as well. I keep worrying that I don't have enough for DS or DH, and buying "one more thing"...until I end up having too much!

I have to say, though, that I love Amazon Prime! I just ordered DS a book for school (not enough copies of a novel and they were sharing, so hard to do homework) and it was hear so quickly.

to click the "Place Order" button on Amazon!

Someone please stop me!
It's not very easy when you don't have any payment info saved in your Amazon account, AND the only piece of plastic that could be used to pay for Amazon is either frozen in an ice cube or locked up in the safe so that it takes half an hour to access it.

Don't make it so easy for yourself to buy the Online Things and you won't have so much trouble. If it's really inconvenient to pay for it, then you might not go through all that effort... ;)

I've only had 26 orders the past 6 months. I don't know how that's possible, especially with the new grandson. I'm always sending stuff to DD.

to click the "Place Order" button on Amazon!

Someone please stop me!

That's why I only have an almost empty Visa gift card. If I want to order anything, I have to get up, get my wallet and manually add a card. Makes it more work.

What's even worse is the "buy with one click" button. By-passes the whole checkout procedure. Bam. Done.

Turned it off, on everything. Have to have a passcode for movie purchases too.

Only 34 orders in the last 6 months, and about half are mine. The rest are from DD#2.

I wasn’t an online shopper because we don’t have credit cards and not enough places use PayPal...

Then my husband got a Visa debit card lol

I couldn’t sleep a few nights ago and so I found my way to Amazon and yadda yadda yadda five boxes are on their way.

Ten minutes ago:

Me, “What should we get Aunt Marie?”
DH, “Let me text my cousin. She says a FitBit.”
Me, *logs onto Amazon* “Tell her it will be there Friday.”

Ridiculously easy.

Not even going to look at the numbers for my orders. I’m probably in the “needs professional help” category.

I gotta say, I am not an amazon prime member. All the orders I have made have been in the last 2 weeks and are all for Christmas. You are all making me rethink this though.

To be able to order something and get it in a couple of days and save myself a trip to the grocery store or Walmart............it might be worth the cost.

I gotta say, I am not an amazon prime member. All the orders I have made have been in the last 2 weeks and are all for Christmas. You are all making me rethink this though.

To be able to order something and get it in a couple of days and save myself a trip to the grocery store or Walmart............it might be worth the cost.

It is! Almost forgot...all the Prime movies you can watch and quite a number of free books, too. I love it!

I should win an award for prime Amazon Prime user this year. Broke ankle and housebound most of the first six months, with a DH who doesn't like to shop. Literally EVERYTHING except perishables was ordered via Amazon (and those I ordered through my local grocery's store "drive up and pick up" service, so he wouldn't have to get out of the car). 40 lb bag of dog food monthly delivered to my door with no shipping charge=fabulous!! Medical equipment my insurance wouldn't pay for, at a lower price than local home health care store=great! DS sick at college and needs meds etc overnight=right there!! (Not to mention all the Prime movies, music, etc.) I'm bored to death and decide the deal of a day kingsize headboard would be great=one huge package!!

I love me some Amazon....

Terri

So after spending at least 15 minutes, including a couple YouTube videos, trying to style my new blanket scarf gift in a way that didn't make it look like the scarf was trying to consume my head, I realized that some combination of folding and gathering worked considerably better than trying to tie or wrap it, I just needed some way to hold it closed, my new rose gold scarf pin will arrive Friday, thank you Amazon!

I also usually memorize my credit card numbers/information within 5 minutes of receiving the card, so unless I just never look at my cards I can't exactly hide the information from myself, not that I would want to, as having my cards memorized has come in handy a time or two.

I have 14 orders over the last 6 months. Please do not ask to see my Target bill though....:lmao:
Now make that 15 order....

Last edited:

This is exactly it! If I need something and know I won't have time to stop at the store until the weekend, it's so convenient to order it on Amazon and have it here in two days. Almost always, the prices are close or even a little better.

I'm afraid to check my statement. I've done 90% of my shopping on Amazon.

I was surprised that my total wasn't as much as I had anticipated. I have a credit card that I use only for Amazon and when the bill came the other day, I was almost afraid to open it, but it wasn't as bad as I had thought - lots of orders, but mostly low dollar items.

I order often from Amazon but I do so with a lot of guilt. I have a family member who works in retail and I think Amazon will be the downfall of a lot of companies. And malls. That’s a lot of jobs.

Got email from Amazon this morning about Echo Buttons.

Another order placed...:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!