It's Official... Fort in June 2017/ June TR thread

peg110

DIS Veteran
So the DW wanted to do Art of Animation and we were booked for it in June. I really had no desire and would prefer the fort. So as we got closer and closer, DW found that the pool at AoA apparently doesn't have a "Slide" and there is no Snack Bar at the pool all things that the DD12 really wants. Plus, she really can't ride her bike (She just got a new one at Easter and has finally learned to ride it well, but that's another story).

So DW found that there was an opening at the Fort at the same time... This AM she made the change (we were driving down either way, but now we have a bit of "Extra" baggage in the way of a 37' TT).
FortReservation.jpg

:jumping1:

So.... I had to do some updating.... :D
NoAoA-Fort.jpg

While it will make the drive down a bit longer and more challenging, I still would much rather stay at the fort. Also it's about $500 less as well.. (I guess I know where the gas money is coming from)

So, I will be enjoying the Fort again in June of 2017. Hope to see others there.

:dancer:

Welcome back home!

On a side note, we are clearly married to different women. My DW would have told me to change the reservation. I'm pretty sure she has no idea what where or how it would get changed. :-)

j

Welcome back home!

On a side note, we are clearly married to different women. My DW would have told me to change the reservation. I'm pretty sure she has no idea what where or how it would get changed. :-)

j
My DW is the "Planner"! She drives me nuts. Every night the "Plan" changes (which park... Which ADR, Which FastPass, etc....) and I have to sit down and here the updated review. Every time my response is... "That's Fine". My view.... is it's Disney... Right? Who cares about the rest of it (well unless it's going to cost me even MORE $$$$$, then I care. Otherwise... Have at it!) :D

My DW is the "Planner"! She drives me nuts.
Oh! I'm the planner in our family. Regardless of where we go, DW takes no interest until we are there and then says, "What is there to do?" She knows I have it figured out, but she'd be the same way if I didn't.

I was just booking some ADR's last night (Ohana and Teppan Edo) and she was shocked that there were no times at Chef Mickey before 8:20PM for any day we will be there (in September) because, "that's so far off".

j

Congrats on the change. Father's Day at THE FORT You lucky stiff. Maybe you can sweet talk Michael into getting you an invite to festivities at the Extra Double Secret NSS Headquarters Brunch, or at the very least TE mkes a great substitute

Good deal PA!

Looking forward to reading along.

I'm with Jim, in my house I'm the planner, my wife is the packing everything in expert.

Oh! I'm the planner in our family. Regardless of where we go, DW takes no interest until we are there and then says, "What is there to do?" She knows I have it figured out, but she'd be the same way if I didn't.

I was just booking some ADR's last night (Ohana and Teppan Edo) and she was shocked that there were no times at Chef Mickey before 8:20PM for any day we will be there (in September) because, "that's so far off".

j
I am so right there with you. I do the planning. There are certain MUSTS But it falls to me to plan and book things. There are some things she insists on and it falls to me make them happen She has gotten better about my booking dining locations since on our last trip we had to extend our stay due to weather concerns and needed to make some reservations she watched me try for her favorites for hours to get 3 selections she would be happy with

j

We did Teppan Edo at Epcot our first trip, and it was a nice time. The couple seated with us were from Canada, and were very quiet during dinner. Something we are not used to at a hibachi, which tend to be louder events, with sake involved.

I do most of the planning, and reservation making, but wife gave me a list of restaurants she wanted to try, and I made ADR's with that.

We did Teppan Edo at Epcot our first trip, and it was a nice time. The couple seated with us were from Canada, and were very quiet during dinner. Something we are not used to at a hibachi, which tend to be louder events, with sake involved.
We've been there several times. It's pretty good for Disney food. One of the times we were there, we had a La Cross team from somewhere. Apparently there was a big tournament at ESPN. The team was active and sort of loud, but very polite. I like it when you have a group that you can talk to.

j

Along with the planning, I wanted to do the "Be Our Guest" to meet the "Beast" but he only does "Dinner". DW tried to get a reservation for it without success. Then the other day she got an obscure dinner time (at 8:30 PM), which we didn't really want but took it just in case nothing else came up. Well, as we always say about reservations (usually for the Fort), persistence pays off.... She got a new ressie for 6:30 which is the time she wanted and she got it on the DAY we wanted. This means she doesn't have juggle everything else around to make it work! Yay for us and the Pixie dust!

pixiedust:

Wow.... Had to search for it.... How did this thread slip to page 2 when it's only a month (or so) away! :scared1:

So the DW got all the linens cleaned up and the beds made in the TT. I am sure very soon her wardrobe will be making it's way to the camper as well. (She always has a "Disney" wardrobe... me... Not so much).

There are a couple of things I want/need to do too. I'd really like to get a new Sewer Hose (or at least another section) and I think I want to modify how it's stored. I got so scared that those rubber bumper caps are going to fall off and I will lose the hose.

I also want to figure a new way to store the fresh water hose. I hate storing it in the compartment because inevitably there is still some water in it. Perhaps something like another "Spare Tire" setup where it can be coiled up (and covered) outside the rig. If anyone has some ideas, I'd love to hear them.

I have about 45 days to go before my arrival, but I only have about 30 days until I am off probation at the new job. While on "Probation" I am not allowed to take "Vacation" time and it's a 90 day probation. My Manager knows of the trip, but he wants me to wait to submit my vacation paperwork. I dunno.... it just stresses me a bit, knowing the paperwork isn't in/approved yet. At least my team knows I will be out and will be there to cover the work.

DD12 is so excited too.... It's amazing how you can use a WDW trip to get things done. "If you want to go to Disney, we need you to take care of XXXXX....." Is that wrong of us? :confused3 I guess it's better then taking away the "Electronics" right?:rolleyes:

Hope to see other Dis'ers at the Fort while we are there.

Think about Merakesh in Morocco. I'm the "safe" one when it comes to food. However, I was the one who said let's try it. It was really surprisingly good. The place locally for Habachi is better than Teppan Edo from those who have been to both. I personally never had Tappen Edo. Good luck with the ADRs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter